Do you wish everyone in the world had AS?

Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you wish everyone had AS?
Yes 36%  36%  [ 19 ]
No 57%  57%  [ 30 ]
I don't know 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 53
16 Dec 2009, 4:01 am

Oh the irony of this thread, I see posts all over here trash talking about NTs but then in this thread the majority have voted no and the ones who have replied are against the idea of everyone having AS. :D

Perhaps those people who do the trash talking haven't posted in here yet and only voted yes for the poll.

Last edited by Spokane_Girl on 16 Dec 2009, 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 5:17 am

Hell yeah. For my own benefit, mostly, because all I'm concerned with is the improvement in communication, and the comfort in knowing that I was the same as everyone else. I bet my anxiety levels would drop by 80% or more. What could be better than a world full of weird people like myself? :lol:

Those who know, don't speak.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 5:45 am

MORE people should have AS, but not everyone, if we could have people like Obama as world leaders and bosses in importnat companies, they could easily tell aspies what to do, there are so many people, including those with AS, who gives birth to to many children, also, they steal from others, and create civil wars, if it was up to me, I would let all world leaders be genuine NT's who would control aspies who understand that the world is overpopulated and needs some rest, the reason why I would do this is because NT's are better leaders than most aspies, so if you combine NT rulers with AS workers, you get the most perfect society, not more than 2/3 of the world's population should be aspies, that would truly be a dream<3

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 6:24 am

ssenkrad wrote:
No. The world requires neurodiversity to function, just as an ecosystem requires consumers and producers.

Your huzzy has a great point, though - progress would be slow or stagnant, deadlines would likely be set very late, it would be extremely difficult to get any sort of customer service or technical support.

I like imagining what the world might be like for an NT if everyone had AS. You go into the doctor's office, and instead of asking you how she could help, the receptionist just glances at you, then goes back to stimming. When you finally get her attention, she responds angrily, and says she'll go get the doctor. You sit down in a waiting room full of people on their laptops, and no one is talking. You try to start a conversation with the person next to you, only to be met with monosyllabic answers. You try to start a conversation with the person on your other side, and he just moves into the next seat down without saying a word. Three hours later, the 40 year old doctor emerges, wearing a helicopter beanie, and apologizes, explaining that he was playing his daily video games.

During your checkup, the doctor attempts to hit your kneecap with that hammer, and misses 5 times, giving you bruises all over your leg and thigh. Whenever you ask the doctor a question, he first taps his head against the wall for 5 seconds or so, then answers. When the checkup is over, you spend two minutes at the receptionist's desk waiting for her to finish rocking back and forth, get your next appointment time, then leave.

So you decide to go to the bar. The volume on the music is so low you can hardly hear it, but through the low rumble of chatter, you make out the lyrics to a certain Gary Numan song. You ask the bartender for an Old Fashioned. He says "We don't have those, but our special tonight is the 'Aspie Affection.'" You ask what it is, and he explains that it's 6(!) shots of Crown Royal mixed with 4 oz. grape juice, with a smidge of salt and peach schnapps. "It'll really make ya affectionate!" he jokes. You order one and take a sip. You look around the bar for single women, but for some reason, there are 8 times as many men as there are women in the bar, so each woman is already well-surrounded. You finish your Aspie Affection, pay, and walk out.

"I should get home" you think, feeling a little tipsy, "it's getting late." You ask a man passing on the street "Do you know the time?" He glances at his watch, says "Yes," and continues walking. You shrug. Fortunately the streets are clear, and you think to yourself how there's not much, if any, traffic. In fact, the majority of the houses don't even have cars in their driveways! It seems like everyone walks where they need to go. Looking around at the sparse people walking, you notice that many of them have a 'unique' fashion sense. You see one woman with red dots on her cheeks, wearing a multicolored sundress. You see a few men wearing cargo pants with hiking shoes. One is wearing a kilt. A kilt!

While walking home, you accidentally stumble into a very large man. He becomes somewhat confrontational, and you say "Damn, why do you have to have such a chip on your shoulder?" He looks at his right shoulder, then his left, then at the ground around him while you scuttle away. When you arrive home, you see your neighbor in his yard staring at the sky and taking notes. "Hey buddy!" you yell from your front door, "what are you doing?" "Well," he responds, still gazing at the sky,"the meteor N397 recently passed the galaxy perpendicular to the Milky Way and managed to defy the laws of astronomy by not falling to the heat of friction and this means that there must be some way that meteors in other galaxies such as NGC4414 which is 60 million light years from us must have special properties that Einstein never predic--" You shut the door, figuring you're drunk and must be imagining things, flop on the couch, and sleep.

:lmao: I love this. I laughed out loud in my lesson just. speaking of which, I think I should he getting some work done :lol:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 6:51 am

PunkyKat wrote:
No, because I wouldn't be as unique and original as I am.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else. :P

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 6:56 am

leighsa wrote:
However, maybe I wish everyone had it for a day, or a week, or a month or something so they could relate. Or if everyone went in and out of phases of being aspie and NT, that might be cool.

I agree with this. I really wish I could show everyone who don't understand exactly how it is, the good and the bad alike.

To increase understanding, yes it would help if all were Aspies, but I don't think it's a good idea. I think the world needs both kinds and I think everyone benefit from diversity. The only thing I'd change was the number of Aspies vs NTs, so that we'd be equal in number. It would force through the understanding issue if half the population had AS.

Janissy wrote:
Sorry. The deaf people got their wish first. Now at least nobody will waste precious time listening to or creating music anymore. And as long as you carry a laptop or pad and pen with you at all times, or learn sign language, there will be no more miscommunication. Utopia!

8O Not so utopic! We'd not be able to be understood verbally at all, and since a lot of people wouldn't bother to write, and since sign language involves a lot of body language, you just made our world that much worse.

ssenkrad, you're story is hilarious! :lol:

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

16 Dec 2009, 7:40 am

MONKEY wrote:
ssenkrad wrote:
No. The world requires neurodiversity to function, just as an ecosystem requires consumers and producers.

Your huzzy has a great point, though - progress would be slow or stagnant, deadlines would likely be set very late, it would be extremely difficult to get any sort of customer service or technical support.

I like imagining what the world might be like for an NT if everyone had AS. You go into the doctor's office, and instead of asking you how she could help, the receptionist just glances at you, then goes back to stimming. When you finally get her attention, she responds angrily, and says she'll go get the doctor. You sit down in a waiting room full of people on their laptops, and no one is talking. You try to start a conversation with the person next to you, only to be met with monosyllabic answers. You try to start a conversation with the person on your other side, and he just moves into the next seat down without saying a word. Three hours later, the 40 year old doctor emerges, wearing a helicopter beanie, and apologizes, explaining that he was playing his daily video games.

During your checkup, the doctor attempts to hit your kneecap with that hammer, and misses 5 times, giving you bruises all over your leg and thigh. Whenever you ask the doctor a question, he first taps his head against the wall for 5 seconds or so, then answers. When the checkup is over, you spend two minutes at the receptionist's desk waiting for her to finish rocking back and forth, get your next appointment time, then leave.

So you decide to go to the bar. The volume on the music is so low you can hardly hear it, but through the low rumble of chatter, you make out the lyrics to a certain Gary Numan song. You ask the bartender for an Old Fashioned. He says "We don't have those, but our special tonight is the 'Aspie Affection.'" You ask what it is, and he explains that it's 6(!) shots of Crown Royal mixed with 4 oz. grape juice, with a smidge of salt and peach schnapps. "It'll really make ya affectionate!" he jokes. You order one and take a sip. You look around the bar for single women, but for some reason, there are 8 times as many men as there are women in the bar, so each woman is already well-surrounded. You finish your Aspie Affection, pay, and walk out.

"I should get home" you think, feeling a little tipsy, "it's getting late." You ask a man passing on the street "Do you know the time?" He glances at his watch, says "Yes," and continues walking. You shrug. Fortunately the streets are clear, and you think to yourself how there's not much, if any, traffic. In fact, the majority of the houses don't even have cars in their driveways! It seems like everyone walks where they need to go. Looking around at the sparse people walking, you notice that many of them have a 'unique' fashion sense. You see one woman with red dots on her cheeks, wearing a multicolored sundress. You see a few men wearing cargo pants with hiking shoes. One is wearing a kilt. A kilt!

While walking home, you accidentally stumble into a very large man. He becomes somewhat confrontational, and you say "Damn, why do you have to have such a chip on your shoulder?" He looks at his right shoulder, then his left, then at the ground around him while you scuttle away. When you arrive home, you see your neighbor in his yard staring at the sky and taking notes. "Hey buddy!" you yell from your front door, "what are you doing?" "Well," he responds, still gazing at the sky,"the meteor N397 recently passed the galaxy perpendicular to the Milky Way and managed to defy the laws of astronomy by not falling to the heat of friction and this means that there must be some way that meteors in other galaxies such as NGC4414 which is 60 million light years from us must have special properties that Einstein never predic--" You shut the door, figuring you're drunk and must be imagining things, flop on the couch, and sleep.

:lmao: I love this. I laughed out loud in my lesson just. speaking of which, I think I should he getting some work done :lol:

I should work on another new story and this time it be about a 14 year old aspie who hates having it and she wants to be "normal." But instead she wishes everyone in the world had AS so she would be "normal" and then this angel comes and grants her her wish. She wakes up the next day and everyone has it. But there is one problem, lot of them annoy her.

There will be all these exaggerations and aspies will be acting like clones because the have the same traits and the rooms are too dark and everyone pays for for electricity because there are no fluorescent lights. Everyone argues with her and won't respect her opinions, her teacher always gets upset and had little meltdowns, even her whole family is annoying. Then she wishes no one in the world had it and everything could be back to normal. The the angel grants her wish back and the girl wakes up and is glad not everyone in the world has AS because it was a nightmare. She decides they were all worse then NTs and she would rather be annoyed by NTs than aspies and arguing with NTs is so much easier than having them with aspies. They shut up and don't keep on going.

Last edited by Spokane_Girl on 16 Dec 2009, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fernando
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 2:03 pm

Hmmmm.... that would be interesting, i can get by without social stuff so the lack of NTs wouldn't bother me at all. I think music would be different in such a world, and i would miss dance music. The economy would be so weird and move slower.

I think it all comes down to this: would all those aspies know what they are? would they be themselves? or would some "pretending to be social" still be going on?

I've been thinking lately that the autistic mind really is more complex than the NT mind, it has amazing abilities and it's therefore ahead in terms of evolution. How hard would it be to convince humanity that our emotional/chemical bodies are a thing of the past and we should all be minds, like autism but deeper.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 2:35 pm

Society would stagnate. We need different types of brains to make the world work, and a society of nothing but autistic people is as bad as trying to make a carrot cake with nothing but carrots. Sure, nothing wrong with carrots; and yeah, they make carrot cake what it is; but if you ignore all the other ingredients, all you get is a sad heap of shredded rabbit food.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 3:56 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
ssenkrad wrote:

I should work on another new story and this time it be about a 14 year old aspie who hates having it and she wants to be "normal." But instead she wishes everyone in the world had AS so she would be "normal" and then this angle comes and grants her her wish. She wakes up the next day and everyone has it. But there is one problem, lot of them annoy her.

There will be all these exaggerations and aspies will be acting like clones because the have the same traits and the rooms are too dark and everyone pays for for electricity because there are no fluorescent lights. Everyone argues with her and won't respect her opinions, her teacher always gets upset and had little meltdowns, even her whole family is annoying. Then she wishes no one in the world had it and everything could be back to normal. The the angle grants her wish back and the girl wakes up and is glad not everyone in the world has AS because it was a nightmare. She decides they were all worse then NTs and she would rather be annoyed by NTs than aspies and arguing with NTs is so much easier than having them with aspies. They shut up and don't keep on going.

I like :thumright:

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 2:07 am

There are aspies that CAN lead, so the idea that NTs should be bossing Aspies around is absurd.Although not formally diagnosed, I have come to the conclusion, that Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper might possibly be a mild aspie.During the 2004 election, the media and liberals have attacked him for his lack of emotion and the way he did not seem to mix with people and how he was "rigid"..I have read Harper's biography and it has painted him as having some of the traits such as shyness and not wanting to be around people too much and being "rigid".Mr. Harper still seems to be doing a great job as prime minister despite these traits.His rigidity has made him less waffly and less likely to pander to the whims of the left.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Nightsun
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 8:57 am

No thanks, otherwise who will cook my pizza? The world need diversity and neurodiversity to work.

A work with all Aspie is like a world with all genius, all scientist, all artist, all whatever, it doesn't work.

17 Dec 2009, 9:02 am

Aspies can cook a pizza.

I am none of the above you listed for aspies. I'm just useless. :(

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 3:38 pm

Yes, because I'm tired of life revolving around 'blah blah" than what one can truely offer in service. This "You must talk with ease" has been forced down on me an many spectrum types for generations, and we are held back in a number of ways because we don't conform to the needs of the majority. NT majority doesn't see actual the intellectual parts of us, just the missing chatter.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 12:48 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Oh the irony of this thread, I see posts all over here trash talking about NTs but then in this thread the majority have voted no and the ones who have replied are against the idea of everyone having AS. :D

Perhaps those people who do the trash talking haven't posted in here yet and only voted yes for the poll.

It's because NT's need to learn how to accept us as we are and stop trying to elimanate us and turning us into something we are not.