Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Robin_Hood
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Mar 2010, 8:30 am

Quote:
I can't handle being teased because I can't tell when it's intended in a derisive way, whether it's intended to be friendly, or whether it's somewhere between.

I understand that it can be any of those, and with certain people I have seen other people tease I can tell a joke about the same things, but I have been told that I go too far.

If someone says something negative about me, I always think they meant it to be hurtful, even when I can reason that they might not have. It makes me feel very bad.

I'm exactly the same.. I have never been able to tell teasing from insulting, to me they are one and the same.

And regarding the "slow learners" comment.. Well I'm not a slow learner as such. I just don't see any value or merit in playing these games. I think it's childish, annoying, insulting, rude etc. etc. I have been teased alot for one reason or another, whether it be flirting or friendliness and I just can't stand it.

I wish people would just say what they mean and mean what they say.

memesplice
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2010, 2:04 pm

Quote:
I wish people would just say what they mean and mean what they say

They rarely do and that is the problem. All I know is gentle teasing made my kids a little less
vulnerable because it acted as a vaccination against the real thing. I went through twenty one years before figuring out what teasing was about. I am a slow learner in this respect and I apologize I can not communicate myself better to you so I can explain it. That is my short coming
with words.

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2010, 2:21 pm

memesplice wrote:
They rarely do and that is the problem.
But why?
Do you know?
Does anyone ever know?
What is of this all-encompassing stupidity?

memesplice
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2010, 2:52 pm

Ursa it's just what they have evolved to be. We can't change them any more than they can change us. If things were the other way around and we were the majority , we would be giving them medication and counseling to make them like us and they'd probably have a support group and wear tee shirts with slogans like "you "cure" dead meat ,not Us". ( Although it is unlikely in Aspie World we would still be too many eating dead animals, we would probably have developed a far tastier more rational food source because we wouldn't be making wars and we would concentrate our resources on doing things that are worthwhile, but that's just a gentle dig at NT's.)

If you ever want to tease me to try it , I have developed a resilience and you will do me no harm.
Please feel free.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2010, 3:41 pm

memesplice wrote:
Ursa it's just what they have evolved to be. We can't change them any more than they can change us. If things were the other way around and we were the majority , we would be giving them medication and counseling to make them like us and they'd probably have a support group and wear tee shirts with slogans like "you "cure" dead meat ,not Us". ( Although it is unlikely in Aspie World we would still be too many eating dead animals, we would probably have developed a far tastier more rational food source because we wouldn't be making wars and we would concentrate our resources on doing things that are worthwhile, but that's just a gentle dig at NT's.)

If you ever want to tease me to try it , I have developed a resilience and you will do me no harm.
Please feel free.

To the bolded part: oh there'd be eating of dead animals, some of us are still primarily carnivores. :)

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2010, 3:45 pm

A floppy piece of pork has been made without an animal dying, using nothing but science.
If there were no wars, many resources could have been put into this kind of research.

memesplice
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2010, 4:10 pm

Lecks if we really put our minds to it we might come up with something even better. I eat meat occasionally I mostly like the taste, but there's go to be something better we haven't invented yet. And if we put our energy to such constructive tasks maybe we can discover all this kind of stuff.

memesplice
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2010, 4:18 pm

I heard a story from a guy who sold slaughterhouse solutions to Egyptian meat producers. He went out to see their set up . There was no basic hygiene - they didn't really understand how to control infectious disease , or rather they did, but took a fatalistic attitude. At lunch time , in a 100 degree heat the workforce stopped work rolled over the bloated carcasses, brushed off the flies and sat down on them to each their lunch, the stench was unbelievable but they thought his was perfectly normal behavior. That was until they got the new clean conditions and everyone stopped getting sick all the time and their lunch tasted better.