Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 6:28 pm

I was put on Cipralex a few years back for about a year.
If it did do anything for my depression, it was only by way of making me not care, like it deadened me, certainly didnt make me any happier.

What it did do though, was reduce anxiety, fear even, to the point it made me reckless driving my Motorcycle through traffic, talking to even high up people like MPs about things that could have ended up with me being suicided.
I eased myself off SSRis which was a good thing as when my shrink changed practices, he just closed my case, he was my source of prescriptions.

The only good after effect is that I learned not to be afraid of talking to people and that has stayed with me.

Wags
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Dec 2013, 6:41 pm

I'm on escitalopram (Lexapro), I'm still deciding whether to slowly stop taking it, or continue taking it for a while longer.

Pros: Decreased General & Social Anxiety, Decreased depression

Cons: Hard to feel actual happiness, but hard to feel depressed too. Make you emotionally numb, I can't watch TV shows, or even listen to music because I feel no emotion toward it. Also, I cannot pay attention to anything.

Overall, I don't like it, and it's definetly not worth it. I'm learning to accept who I am, and I can't wait till I can get off this drug.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 1:09 am

Wags wrote:
I'm on escitalopram (Lexapro), I'm still deciding whether to slowly stop taking it, or continue taking it for a while longer.

Pros: Decreased General & Social Anxiety, Decreased depression

Cons: Hard to feel actual happiness, but hard to feel depressed too. Make you emotionally numb, I can't watch TV shows, or even listen to music because I feel no emotion toward it. Also, I cannot pay attention to anything.

Overall, I don't like it, and it's definetly not worth it. I'm learning to accept who I am, and I can't wait till I can get off this drug.

I had a HORRIBLE reaction to Lexapro! I was given it in the ER after I went in for a severe panic attack. I took it for four days, and in that time my panic attacks increased in both frequency and severity exponentially, I had terrible chest pains, and began thinking of suicide. I knew it was the medication causing all this because I was worse in the evening and next morning (I was directed to take the meds at night), and got better as the day progressed.

Effexor XR was the best thing for me, and it worked wonders. But eventually it lost effect at the dose I was taking, and I couldn't physically handle taking a higher dosage -- I tried it once and it gave me a severe case of the shakes, which the doctor said was a reaction to too much medication; I was in effect overdosing. He said that could be dangerous, so I had to drop the Effexor for the Paxil. I don't like the Paxil either, though. Besides the fatigue I mentioned before, it also numbs me. My personality goes flat and lifeless, which is not normal for me. Alcohol does the same thing to me, which is why I don't drink.

Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you will see farther.