Page 3 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 9:37 am

MONKEY wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
Rose_in_Winter wrote:
I do think most newborns look pretty awful...I've never understood why people want to pass around "baby's first picture." Most babies look like some kind of alien, even if the conehead is hidden!

+1 :lol:

Yes, this is true, they do look like aliens. :lol: But they're cute once the crap has been wiped off.

Like Rose_in_Winter, I think they look cute after a few months, my cousins are definately cute, especially when they get scared of our cats :lol:

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Jun 2010, 9:41 am

I dislike being around babies & small children for a myriad of reasons.... Babies are always coming up with a sudden shrill noise, they're smelly, and I know I don't have the "eyes in the back of my head" to notice when something's wrong, let alone know what to do about it if I did notice. One of the worst nights of terror in my life, was when a young woman who lived next door to me (and I found attractive), asked me to watch her infant and toddler while she went to a class for 3 hours. I did it, and it was all good, but my blood pressure must have been about 200% of safe limits, and I was so emotionally drained from it, that I made sure I was always busy from that day forward so as not to get asked again. And just to set the record straight and to be fair, they were good kids.

Charles

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 9:48 am

silentbob15 wrote:
astaut wrote:
Hating babies/children is not an autistic trait. I think you just have an unnatural hatred of children.

Dito, I don't think I would want the OP anywhere near a child

I wouldn't trust her with my kids if I had any that's for sure. Not if I wanted them kept in one piece anyway.

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jun 2010, 10:06 am

MONKEY wrote:
silentbob15 wrote:
astaut wrote:
Hating babies/children is not an autistic trait. I think you just have an unnatural hatred of children.

I wouldn't trust her with my kids if I had any that's for sure. Not if I wanted them kept in one piece anyway.

Same here, not to mention this person:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp2815124.html#2815124

If you have thoughts of hurting little ones you really need some heavy meds and therapy.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 10:09 am

spooky13 wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
silentbob15 wrote:
astaut wrote:

If you have thoughts of hurting little ones you really need some heavy meds and therapy.

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 10:16 am

spooky13 wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
silentbob15 wrote:
astaut wrote:

I think you're being a bit harsh there, not to mention breaking the forum rules.

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 10:25 am

I don't think your feelings about babies have anything to do with your AS. My eldest with AS is crazy about them, likes them better than any other age group. I think that's just how he is, nothing to do with his AS either. If their smell and mess bothers you that sounds more like a touch of OCD...or more than a touch if you've got it.

Personally I don't think everybody is meant to love babies or love animals. I do have a big problem with anybody being cruel to animals, babies, or anybody. That to me is a huge character flaw. Not liking something or someone isn't as big a deal as how one chooses to deal with it.

I had a friend who hated kids. Then he married a girl who wanted a bunch of them. Now he still hates kids, but only everybody else's kids. He loves his own and tolerates all that gross stuff that bothered him before if it's his kids. That's just him. I'm not saying you'd like your own. If you don't want them, don't have them.

pency
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jun 2010, 10:26 am

** Quick question as I am new here.
With regards to that linked post above.
I have been cruising around for several days now and have bumped in to many posts that have ZERO to do w talking about symptoms, solutions, likes/dislikes, experiences etc

That above post is demented & profane.
What happens to these posts and are the people banned?

That post certainly had nothing to do w anything relevant here - murderous revenge/torture fantasies.
Why are people like that even here?
Attention?

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Jun 2010, 10:27 am

One thing I want to add to this thread: I don't like the word "HATE". I don't use it, and to me it means an unhealthy, dangerous emotion that should not be felt under most any circumstances. I dislike certain things and certain people, but the difference is that when I say "dislike", it means I just don't want anything to do with that person or those things. I can be angry at a person or a group of people, but to me, that's different from hate. If angry, no matter why, I still do not have any interest in hurting or destroying them. I might want them to make it right, or to go away out of MY life, but when I hear "HATE", I think of someone who wants to hurt or destroy a person or object. I've never hated anyone in my life, and never will. It takes a lot less emotional energy to just dislike, and keep yourself above it. Case in point: If someone is mean to me, or to my family, I dislike them and may be angry. But I will still stop and rescue them from a river, if they fall in. As I perceive "hate", I'd need to stop and watch them suffer and drown. That would make me feel more evil than anything else, and I wouldn't like that feeling.

Charles

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 10:31 am

Good point Charles. I agree with you that it is a very strong word, but people sometimes don't mean it as seriously as that so I cut them some slack. It's so hard to tell in a written format how much is meant, you know?

BeautifulLoser
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Jun 2010, 1:39 pm

I have never liked babies and when I tell people this, they assume I'm evil or something because I'm a woman. People think I should looooove kids and babies, but they just leave me feeling cold. I went with my boyfriend's sister to target and she was all looking at some random baby oooohing and ahhhhing and I was just standing there thinking about how stupid she looked.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 4:40 pm

BeautifulLoser wrote:
I have never liked babies and when I tell people this, they assume I'm evil or something because I'm a woman. People think I should looooove kids and babies, but they just leave me feeling cold. I went with my boyfriend's sister to target and she was all looking at some random baby oooohing and ahhhhing and I was just standing there thinking about how stupid she looked.

Free of kids topic

Most of my immediate family has an aversion to children. and I have met others who say that they hate kids so much that they have had fantasies about doing away with them. 8O

But most people keep that sort of thing private. There was one former member here who went on for pages and pages about her hatred for children and fear of getting pregnant.. and how she argued about not wanting children with some Facebook flunkie who was trying to persuade her to have them. Seemed a bit odd that this sort of argument would occur.

My sister and my older daughter stated years ago how much they disliked children, and later on, actually tried to have families(according to what they told me) but found out their fertillity was zero. So I told them that perhaps the two situations (zero fertility and dislike of children) are related sometimes. And some wait too long. the best time is in the twenties. after that, in some women, fertility is lost by age 35 and too much costly intervention is needed. I like the idea of adoption, but that is not as easy as it appears.

At any rate, if there is any doubt, best not to bring/raise a kid into the world. You are sadly stuck with them for a while. :P

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 4:55 pm

Sparrowrose wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
pency wrote:
Pregnant women bother me.

Even though I hate babies and children, I'm actually really fascinated by pregnancy and childbirth for some reason. I think it has more to do with the changes that happen in the mother rather than the end result.

I loved being pregnant and giving birth. I thought it was about the most awesomest thing I've ever done in my life. It kind of screwed up my metabolism afterward but I'm still glad I got to experience it. My mom tried to get me to have an abortion and my food stamp case worker also tried to talk me into getting an abortion but I felt like someone else had trusted me enough to nestle inside my body and I just couldn't even bring myself to think about killing them (though I do not judge others who choose abortion. We live in a world that doesn't give many options to some women. It's your choice, it just wasn't mine.)

The baby ended up stillborn - she died right about the time she crowned (top of the head emerged, touching the air, during labor). Upon reflection, I decided it was probably for the best because I wouldn't have been a very good mother - low patience, low pain threshhold for loud, high-pitched sounds, high need for quiet time alone staring into space, extreme sensory sensitivity for smell. But the one time I started to say that I thought it was for the best a bunch of people got really mad at me for saying it and started screaming at me until I cried and then dissociated so this is only the second time I've ever publically said this and I hope I don't get attacked here, too.

Thank you for sharing your story with me. I'm sorry your baby was stillborn, and I'm even more sorry that those people yelled at you. They had no reason to do that; I personally think you had a healthy, positive attitude about the whole thing. If there was some way to get pregnant and give birth without having to raise the child afterwards, but without the tragedy that happened to you, I would do it. I've thought about surrogacy, but I'm on so much medication that there's no way the baby would develop safely and normally. Not to mention the fact that any kind of scientific intervention in the process of conception is strictly against the rules of my religion, which I would rather not rebel against.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 4:58 pm

spooky13 wrote:

I have very sadistic thoughts of hurting adults, you know, tortures in KL style.
I think I'll never do it all really.
I don't have sadistic thoughts of children or animals (ok, when autoalarm is on, I want to take a baby and throw out of the window).
Should I join Irulan in therapy?

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 5:12 pm

Such thoughts are fine if they remain only thoughts. Everyone has these types of thoughts sometimes, even if it's just when they're angry, and I still think all humans are sadistic by nature anyway.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 5:17 pm

I think that out of all the people who's posted in this thread, that I'm a very unique case, that I love one and hate the other. :P