You obsessively shave?
yes 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
no 90%  90%  [ 69 ]
Total votes : 77

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

10 Jun 2010, 10:23 pm

I think I'm typical in this department. I shave my armpits every second day because I hate the prickly feeling. I shave my legs the same amount in the summer, but in the winter I don't bother to shave them at all because I'm wearing long pants/jeans and don't see the point.

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 11:12 pm

I shave my beard about once every one or two weeks, when it gets itchy. I'm simply too lazy to shave every day.

Never tried an electric razor, but I can say cartridge blades are no good if you've got more than stubble. I use an old-fashioned safety razor, which is easy to rinse so it keeps cutting nicely. Plus, double-edged blades are only 40 cents a piece, I get several uses out of them, and they're handy for cutting stuff at the workbench. :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

11 Jun 2010, 7:57 am

After I graduated high-school I grew a beard & I wanted it to grow like ZZ Top but parents kept insisting I trim it for social things like weddings, funerals, job searches ect. Some people actually thought I was Amish :lol: I ended up shaving it off when I was 20 cuz I was having to do a lot of chores outside & it was to hot, itchy ect with it. I haven't really grown a beard sense. I have problems shaving thou cuz I have bad eyesight & hand tremors. Parents double check for social things & job interviews. I usually shave my beard area every couple days or so but it takes me a while cuz of my eyesight & tremors. I shave my mustache area every week or so when it starts itching. I also shave other body "parts" for hygienic rezones(it's extremely hot & humid in south Louisiana OK :x Does anyone know of another way I can remove hair there cuz shaving that is not exactly safe for me to do & it takes me a while. Is there a way I could permanently remove that or something :?:

AspieCartoonist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2010, 10:14 am

I shave my face once or twice a week, my hair grows really fast. In addition, I also shave my chest, stomach, and even "there" as well.

I don't like the itchiness of body hair. :x :?

still_larva
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jun 2010, 10:52 am

Professional waxing with _hot_ wax beats everything. Sadly it's bloody expensive. I can manage to do my legs myself, but it's a half of a days work, so I do it only on summer, and I have gotten used to shaving my armpits, if I feel like wearing a sleeveless top, but bikini zone, well, I just wear boardshorts. I wouldn't mind letting everything grow, if it was socially acceptible, but as it's not, well, I will not worry too much about it

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 12:51 pm

Todesking wrote:
persian85033 wrote:
That's an odd prank. :? Especially if he bragged about it. Though I don't get why that would be a cause for arrest. Surely the hair grows back. Or you can wear a wig.

He was arrested for assault and I think product tampering he got community service and some fines. There was also an idiot at the University of Buffalo arrested for putting super glue on a toilet seat sticking a classmate to the seat.

Interesting. :? Where do people get these ideas.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

wendigopsychosis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jun 2010, 12:59 pm

I shave as much as I can, but I hate it. It hurts, and it's inefficient. But I hate the cactus feeling of hair. I wish I could afford full body laser hair removal. :lol:

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 3:51 pm

There are 3 categories of people who do not shave often:

1. Street bums/drug addicts.
2. Religious fundamentalists.
3. Programmers.

Category 1 cant afford to shave.
Category 2 dont want to shave.
Category 3 cannot care less... :D

I'm in that last number 3 category...

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 3:54 pm

I couldn't vote on this because I shave everytime I take a shower, and that correlates with cultural norms, so I wouldn't call it an obsession.

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jun 2010, 4:02 pm

Shaving=pain. I always get shaving burns no matter what I try.

MarijnR
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jun 2010, 5:29 pm

I shave my face when I have to go out, if I don't I'll have a scruffy stubble on the left and smoothness on the right. The radiotherapy I had 15 years ago worked like weed killer on my facial hair in that region. No right-side facial hair what-so-ever, never. The hair on the left grows like there is no tomorrow, sometimes I'll shave in the morning and have to shave again in the evening if I go out.

When I'm at home I can go days without shaving, and I have sported a 'stache on a few occasions.
I shave electrically but I find it one of the most tedious jobs there are, but it does feel much better when it's all nice and smooth.
The rest of the hair I leave alone, it's fine where it is 8) .

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 5:56 pm

I shave my face every few days and my pubic hair gets trimmed every once in a while. Usually I try to time it with showers, because I don't like to do either so I can get it all done in 1 go.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 6:08 pm

I shave about once every two weeks.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 6:45 pm

I shave just my pits, about twice a month. My body's rather hairless. Though I still thought it's unfair, as other females in my family don't even have arm pit hair, so they don't need to shave at all.

CobaltBlew
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jun 2010, 2:49 am

I hate shaving.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 4:22 pm

I shave every time I shower so everyday.