Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 9:57 pm

alexptrans wrote:
I don't know if that's an aspie trait, but I have extremely sensitive hearing and as a result I'm good at lock picking. I can crack many kinds of combination locks by hearing what's going on inside.

Really?Thats cool!

alexptrans
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 1:57 am

Yeah, but the downside is that some kinds of noises are extremely annoying to me, and I can't sleep without earplugs.

By the way, our avatars have a similar color scheme, that's cool :)

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 6:00 am

alexptrans wrote:
Yeah, but the downside is that some kinds of noises are extremely annoying to me, and I can't sleep without earplugs.

I have sound sensitivity too. Some sounds are so bad I cant tolerate them. But there are other noises that bother most people, but not me, such as fingernails on a chalkboard.

Whats on your avatar?

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 6:05 am

I have a very irrational phobia to bugs, does anyone else?

alexptrans
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 8:02 am

Guitar_Girl wrote:
alexptrans wrote:

I have sound sensitivity too. Some sounds are so bad I cant tolerate them. But there are other noises that bother most people, but not me, such as fingernails on a chalkboard.

Whats on your avatar?

It's a phoenix.

I have extreme travel anxiety, but it's a bit strange because I only have it before the actual trip. The night before I have to go someplace is the most difficult, I vomit, I can't eat anything and can't sleep, but once I'm actually on the road it gets better to the point of disappearing entirely after several hours. But those few days before a trip are hell.

Academaniac
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Oct 2010, 5:55 am

It's probably not unique amoung Aspies, but today at work, someone told me what 3% of their bi-weekly paycheck was. In less than 15 seconds, I guessed correctly what they made every two weeks. Needless to say, I was stared at for 5 seconds, then asked how I did it. It was very uncomfortable.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 11:11 am

If you're the only one who has it, it's not really an AS trait, it's one of your own unique personality traits.

Dr_Horrible
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2010, 11:59 am

When you make a sandwich, is it now officially an aspie sandwich?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 12:00 pm

Dr_Horrible wrote:
When you make a sandwich, is it now officially an aspie sandwich?

Hell yeah! And I sell them in Cafe Aspie too :lol:

Dr_Horrible
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2010, 12:08 pm

Point is, not everything associated with your personality could and less should be attributed to Asperger's syndrome, which is a set of symptomes associated with a different neurological structure of the brain. If you constantly add different personality traits to it, AS would turn meaningless as a definition.

Atama
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Oct 2010, 12:33 pm

I am wondering if it is Asperger related, but I am obsessed with the number 3. I always do things by three.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 12:46 pm

Atama wrote:
I am wondering if it is Asperger related, but I am obsessed with the number 3. I always do things by three.

Sounds more like OCD to me, though some OCD traits do cross over with Asperger's.

KSea
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Oct 2010, 1:15 pm

I've always thought numbers to be colors as well---to me, 4 is blue, for example. Wonder if we saw something as kids that imprinted these things on us to a degree...

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 4:37 pm

KSea wrote:
I've always thought numbers to be colors as well---to me, 4 is blue, for example. Wonder if we saw something as kids that imprinted these things on us to a degree...

Possibly, to a degree. Research shows that A is often red, B often blue, Y often yellow. They may be the colours most often used in school when learning those letters. Alternatively, there's a theory that the "basic" letters, the ones you tend to use most (e.g. S, T, R) get assigned primary colours like red and blue, and the less frequently used letters get "weaker" colours like browns and other complex colours.

Dr_Horrible
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2010, 5:12 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
KSea wrote:

Possibly, to a degree. Research shows that A is often red, B often blue, Y often yellow. They may be the colours most often used in school when learning those letters. Alternatively, there's a theory that the "basic" letters, the ones you tend to use most (e.g. S, T, R) get assigned primary colours like red and blue, and the less frequently used letters get "weaker" colours like browns and other complex colours.

Everyone knows that U is yellow...

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 10:54 pm

When I hear a person's name and see them. I think of some kind of "movement" to seems to "represent" the person's looks and their name. There is very little meaning to it. I call them "actions". I have no idea where they come from, they just pop into my head naturally. 95% of people ask "How do you remember these?" when I tell them about them. I don't really have to remember them, because every time I hear the person's name, I see the action in my head. It is very unusual.