Have wierd/strange things happened to you

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 10:48 pm

Todesking wrote:
I noticed insane homeless people seem to be drawn to me wanting to shake my hand or give me hug. The coolest thing happened on that trip was a homeless guy on a bike rode past me and called me by my first name and said "do not become a slave to the microchip." :D I should have listen to him. :wink:

the maculate are always drawn to the immaculate.

ladyrain
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2010, 8:13 pm

Have Scientists Finally Discovered Evidence for Psychic Phenomena?!
New studies show people can anticipate future events.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the ... -phenomena

Quote:
So although humans perceive time as linear, it doesn't necessarily mean it is so. And as good scientists, we shouldn't let out preconceived beliefs and biases influence what we study, even if these preconceived beliefs reflect our basic assumptions about how time and space work.

Dr. Bem's work is thought provoking, and like good cutting-edge science is supposed to do, it offers more questions than answers. If we suspend our beliefs about time and accept that the brain is capable of reaching into the future, the next question becomes "how does it do this?" Just because the effect seems "supernatural" doesn't necessarily mean the cause is. Many scientific discoveries were once considered outlandish and more suited to science fiction (e.g., the earth being round, microscopic organisms). Future research is greatly needed to explore the exact reasons for these studies' effects

Like many novel explorations in science, Bem's findings may have a profound effect on what we know and have come to accept as true. But for some of you, perhaps these effects are not such a big surprise, because somewhere deep down inside, you already knew you would be reading about them today!

Dr. Bem's website, to read the article: Feeling the Future
http://dbem.ws/

Following one of his links : some informal tests for "Psi" functioning
http://gotpsi.org/html/gotpsi.htm

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Oct 2010, 8:35 pm

When I was in the fifth grade I learned I was able to do something extraordinary. A person could concentrate on a card from a standard deck of cards, and I could guess the card with 90% accuracy. A student who I once did this with told the teacher, and the skeptical teacher called me to her desk. She was alarmed when I accurately guessed correctly several cards in a row that she was thinking of. She sent me to the office. I met with a counselor who took me to his small office and he talked with me. Then he asked me to guess his card he was thinking of---and again, I got it right. He didn't say too much, but sent me back to class. From then on---until the early seventh grade, I was able to do this feat with great accuracy. But then, as puberty struck, I was no longer able to do this well. Finally, it kind of faded away all together.

The way it worked was strange. After a person began thinking of their card, I would stare into a bright light (ouch!), then shut my eyes and turn my head away from the light. A vertical rectangle would form in the darkness of my closed eyes. Then, slowly, the face of the card would appear on the rectangle. And that was the correct card 90% of the time.

As this talent began to fade away with age, I lost the ability to get the card correctly, although I would almost always get the correct suit right. Then, that too was lost.

I have no explanation for this strange brief moment in my youth. All I know is that I did it many times and astounded a lot of classmates, my parents, grandparents, and faculty members. And, I astounded myself.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 2:54 pm

glider18 wrote:
When I was in the fifth grade I learned I was able to do something extraordinary. A person could concentrate on a card from a standard deck of cards, and I could guess the card with 90% accuracy. A student who I once did this with told the teacher, and the skeptical teacher called me to her desk. She was alarmed when I accurately guessed correctly several cards in a row that she was thinking of. She sent me to the office. I met with a counselor who took me to his small office and he talked with me. Then he asked me to guess his card he was thinking of---and again, I got it right. He didn't say too much, but sent me back to class. From then on---until the early seventh grade, I was able to do this feat with great accuracy. But then, as puberty struck, I was no longer able to do this well. Finally, it kind of faded away all together.

Oh, wow! I did this too! But I did it in the 7th grade, and my method was different. I wouldn´t stare into a bright light, I´d just close my eyes and try to "see" the card. I could do it pretty accurately too, but sometimes it took quite awhile- (just like the "reading the mind in the eyes test" :lol:) I´d concentrate until a vision of the card came to me. When I was a young teenager, psychic phenomena and ESP was my special interest.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Oct 2010, 8:01 pm

Morgana wrote:
glider18 wrote:

Oh, wow! I did this too! But I did it in the 7th grade, and my method was different. I wouldn´t stare into a bright light, I´d just close my eyes and try to "see" the card. I could do it pretty accurately too, but sometimes it took quite awhile- (just like the "reading the mind in the eyes test" :lol:) I´d concentrate until a vision of the card came to me. When I was a young teenager, psychic phenomena and ESP was my special interest.

This is extremely interesting Morgana. I am very glad someone else did a similar thing to me. May I ask you if you are still able to do this, because I can't do this anymore?

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 8:12 pm

Yes, lots. The spiritual/dream aspect of my life is more influential on my actions and thoughts than the mundane stuff. I wouldn't know where to start. People wouldn't believe me anyway. But yeah - cool thread. :)

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 2:24 pm

glider18 wrote:
This is extremely interesting Morgana. I am very glad someone else did a similar thing to me. May I ask you if you are still able to do this, because I can't do this anymore?

I´m sorry, I haven´t tried this in a long time, so I don´t really know if I can still do it. If I find someone to try it with again- (I´m usually alone these days)- I´ll let you know how it goes! :)

However, I do notice some other skills coming, and then going. For instance, when I was in High School, I would often see visions. Usually it would happen after waking from a dream, and, once awake, the dream images would continue for awhile, though I was fully awake- (or, sometimes I saw different images from what I had dreamed about). At first, it was a little scary, but then I got used to it. But I don´t have this anymore. Of course, maybe I can attribute that temporary psychic phenomena to too much pot smoking in High School.... :lol: But then again, I think I would see dream images while awake when I was a child too. I remember the veil between imagination and reality was much less defined...(or maybe it was just a greater awareness of the spirit/psychic world?)