Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jul 2006, 10:30 pm

About every 2 to 3 weeks.

bt1978
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jul 2006, 11:04 pm

I get my hair cut on the 20th day of every even-numbered month. I picked this because my birthday is February 20th, and I've always liked to treat myself to a haircut on my birthday. If I don't have enough money for a haircut on the 20th of an even month, then I'll get a haircut the very next payday.

I trim my sideburns with a small pair of scissors between haircuts otherwise they get too bushy, but other than that, I leave my hair alone.

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2006, 12:46 am

Every 4 weeks.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2006, 1:35 am

I hate getting hair cuts. I am going on about 6 months with this current one I think. I used to get it cut every 3-4, mabye 5 months... but I cut it fairly short and just grew it out. But the hair started to look like a mullet after a while, so I really had to get it cut.

Last time I got a hair cut though, I let it grow out a little longer then I normally do. And then I just had it trimmed up, so it was still pretty long.... at least for just having a hair cut. Now its been a while and its the longest my hair has ever been. But since its all growing in at about the same length, I actually like it like this... and its just not super long and nasty in the back.... its long on the sides too.

So I've reached a state of hair where I don't have to get it cut very often, and actually like it when it has gotten longer. I guess to some I look like a neo-hippie or something, but it really has nothing to do with any group I want to be associated with. Its all about not liking to get hair cuts, and having a hairstyle that allows me to extend the time between cuts as long as possible. Pure convienence.

Rhisiart_Steffan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2006, 1:35 pm

every 5 weeks and it is writtern on the calader so I know when.

Pharmacy Techican is not the pharmacist

edwardp
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jul 2006, 2:08 pm

i don't like it, but that's mainly because i don't know any haircut shop apart from the one round the corner who is your basic "six quid an' i'll do you a short back and sides" type barber. i don't know where any proper male hairdressers' shops are, and i wouldn't want to walk into one.

when i'm getting my hair cut the barber has to force conversation out of me. i can only talk properly to a few people.

haggismonger
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jul 2006, 3:48 pm

I cut my own hair, have since I was fifteen. I wear a high and tight flattop, and cut it every four days after 6pm

StevieH
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Aug 2006, 3:47 am

I've had one official haircut in about 10 yrs - I cut it myself, and have become fairly proficient at it, though it takes a long time to get it right! The haircut I had was about 2 yrs ago, for my sisters wedding. I've always found hairstylists to be really rough with my head, to the point of nearly crying, especially when they wash your hair. Alot of them have really long nails. Also, I really hate the chemicals, especially hairspray.

Mostly it seems they deal with 'normal' women, who love to shop, chit chat, pamper themselves, etc. I've actually felt some of them mad at me, though maybe I'm wrong.

Possibly the worst part is the small talk, which I cant do, and it ends up with an unbreakable silence...I'm not fond of looking at myself at the end, and often feel I've let them down by not blabbing on about my life, and not being 'thrilled' about the look.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2006, 12:44 pm

Once a month. I have a female hair dresser. She's a typical "social" NT idiot but she's doing my hair very well. :wink:

'Tis munny in my purse.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2006, 4:39 pm

Whenever it gets long. :)

Which is every 2 months or so. I have short hair. :)

Tally
Toucan
Toucan

24 Aug 2006, 4:53 pm

I hate having my hair cut, so I only get it done once it's getting too long to manage properly & gets knotted all the time. It's been nearly 2 years since I had it done. Last time was 18 months. I have a new hair brush now, which is really good for getting the knots out, so I think I can still wait quite a long time before I need it cut again.

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2006, 4:59 pm

My last haircut was in 1998.

If I did cut it again I would do it myself and just lop off a couple feet of ponytail (its below my waist) :P

lupin
Toucan
Toucan

24 Aug 2006, 5:26 pm

Every 6 weeks or so.

All my life I've always said that I'd rather go to the dentist than get my hair cut. Reading this thread, I've only just realised why. Duh. I HATE having to talk about truly banal and insignificant things to the hairdresser, it absolutely exhausts me. Sitting in a dentist's chair with your mouth full of tools you can't speak. Bliss.

Also, does anyone also have this - I utterly HATE having greasy hair, have to wash it at least once a day. The feeling of even slightly greasy hair sends me quietly bonkers, I just can't concentrate on anything if my head feels ikky.

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2006, 5:55 pm

Quote:
Also, does anyone also have this - I utterly HATE having greasy hair, have to wash it at least once a day. The feeling of even slightly greasy hair sends me quietly bonkers, I just can't concentrate on anything if my head feels ikky.

Yeah Im that way as well but its counteracted by my absolute hate for getting water on my skin.

So either way its torture.