I am close minded 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Can be both 25%  25%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 36

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 7:29 am

Asp-Z wrote:
If you were to show me evidence that astrology isn't bulls**t, I'd look at it and consider. But I don't think you can really provide any real evidence because astrology is basically all about providing general statements which anyone can relate to their current situation, and hoping they're gullible to believe this is all some kind of magic.

So, yeah. Astrology is bulls**t and I challenge you to prove otherwise.

Would you like me to teach you to read charts? I don't mind showing people how to do a proper chart, rather than reading the paper horoscopes, which are usually just generic.

Though It's not my job to prove anything. I don't have any need to go claiming certainties about things. I'm quite happy with entertaining possibilities without feeling threatened by them.

I'm not saying anyone should believe in astrology because I do, or because of x,y,z. I'm asking people to be open minded, until there's solid proof for or against. And no, reading Jonathan Cainer and finding his work a bit generic is not solid proof.

Quote:
For example, a random horroscope from today: "You could be on a verbal binge - with more to say and write than others necessarily want to hear! You may feel you need to make clear your role as an 'expert'. It won't be surprising if others leave you to make decisions. You, meanwhile, may be regretting one that you made a few months back and which is now causing you a headache - probably because you're dealing with people who aren't quite as supportive as you imagined they'd be."

Is that yours? It certainly does seem like you've been on a verbal binge of late, doesn't it? And wanting to prove your role as an expert. :wink:

What's the call for all that swearing? Holy moly.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 8:50 am

Moog wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
If you were to show me evidence that astrology isn't bulls**t, I'd look at it and consider. But I don't think you can really provide any real evidence because astrology is basically all about providing general statements which anyone can relate to their current situation, and hoping they're gullible to believe this is all some kind of magic.

So, yeah. Astrology is bulls**t and I challenge you to prove otherwise.

Would you like me to teach you to read charts? I don't mind showing people how to do a proper chart, rather than reading the paper horoscopes, which are usually just generic.

Though It's not my job to prove anything. I don't have any need to go claiming certainties about things. I'm quite happy with entertaining possibilities without feeling threatened by them.

I'm not saying anyone should believe in astrology because I do, or because of x,y,z. I'm asking people to be open minded, until there's solid proof for or against. And no, reading Jonathan Cainer and finding his work a bit generic is not solid proof.

Would reading charts prove that it's actually real, or would it just allow me to absorb the BS in a different manner?

Quote:
Is that yours? It certainly does seem like you've been on a verbal binge of late, doesn't it? And wanting to prove your role as an expert. :wink:

Ahaa, see. You can apply these to anything and you've just helped to support that. No, that isn't my horroscope. But you've managed to relate it to me just fine, just as you can relate them to anyone at any time.

Quote:
What's the call for all that swearing? Holy moly.

It's fun :P