Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

169Kitty
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2012, 4:14 am

my social life is fairly limited. Being around people too much wears me out. Most of the time I'm perfectly happy at home.

NT score: 51 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

R83
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2012, 4:22 am

I have enough friends and a good social life. What is different is that I'm a lot more anxious around people I don't know well and who are more normative than my friends tend to be, I can interact with them and disguise my autistic traits but I'd rather avoid them if possible..

Trainbuff
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2012, 8:52 am

I do not have a social life, reasons...

1)I do not speak clearly and many NTs think I'm the r word.

2)I don't try to make friends and TBH I don't really want it to, I enjoy being a loaner most times.

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2012, 10:49 pm

As a no social life king I'm fully aware why people of my type don't socialize.

1) You don't relate to them because of
a- Different Morals
b- Different interest (Some people have little interest in common interest have American must have)

Every time I tried to be social, everyone ignores me consider's me creepy and annoying. And here's the advice I get from people to deal with the problem: "Be more social".

You might as well tell them "get used to people rejecting you for a long time."

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 11:14 pm

I have no social life at all. I really have no idea how I would go about having one, or how other people have one. The last time I had anything resembling a social life, was more than 10 years ago, and it made me miserable, so I'm not sure what reason there is to want one.

I wish I had at least one friend I could go do things with, but I hate all the baggage that comes with that.

169Kitty
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2012, 11:28 pm

I do try to have somewhat of a social life but it is very limited. Right now I'm really into crocheting and have joined a website that has all kinds of free patterns and some for sale. The people on the message boards are very helpful too. They have some groups that meet in real life and there is one in my area. So I plan on meeting up with people from time to time to crochet or knit together. Doing something link that gives me something relevant to talk about. It's that shared mutual interest thing. Plus I think people who love to knit and crochet are of the non-judgmental type.

NT score: 51 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

sohmasheep
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jan 2012, 2:03 pm

To me, social life is just overrated. I've never had one since being a toddler and now as a young adult I don't think I ever will. All the interaction I need comes from my family and pets. :)

tuffy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2012, 2:41 pm

I have a couple of good online friends. That's enough for me.
Social anxiety and awkwardness prevents me effectively from enjoying the company of most other people.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 2:57 pm

People are just too much for me. I wish I could just stop wanting to have friends at all. I wish I could be happy just staying at home alone, but I'm not. At times I am happy with that but I don't want that ALL the time. I want to go out and do things. I just know it will turn out badly.

I used to throw myself into social situations, because I liked someone and wanted to hang out with them, or wanted to go do this or that with them. But then I'd get overwhelmed, or I'd get in a situation where I didn't understand what was going on and felt like everyone was talking over my head about something. I got manipulated a lot. Things never turned out like I expected them to. I thought the situation would be going one way, and then it would turn into something else.