The new AS Test (Among the best I've seen)

Page 3 of 12 [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

15 May 2011, 1:29 pm

71 out of 72.

Everything came up green except

Quote:
vi) A tendency toward literal interpretation of verbal communication and of the behavior of others.

Which came up yellow.

But it probably should be green and the face recognition should probably be yellow...and I'll be here all day dissecting the results.

kat_ross
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 May 2011, 1:32 pm

I scored 68/72.

Like Zen, I am not synesthetic, so those were just about the only questions that I answered "no" to.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

15 May 2011, 1:36 pm

Zen wrote:
I know because people have told me. :(

I can't tell if people are bored or not, but I remember one particular occasion which I found out through an indirect yet very explicit way, and I think that's what prompted me to try to stop monologuing at people, but I have never really succeeded.

In fact, I usually find out indirectly, via second-hand sources.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 2:07 pm

I scored 72/72

kt24
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2011, 2:23 pm

Hmm 71/72. Didn't quite expect it to be this high. Especially since I actually really thought about this one and answered totally honestly...

All were green, except:

iv) Has a tendency to focus on particular parts of objects, rather than the object as a whole.

which I tend to agree with- mostly a "big picture" thinker, rather than focussing on small details. But then again, when presented with a photograph/picture, I tend to notice a tiny detail in a corner.

NewShinyCD
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 May 2011, 2:40 pm

69/72

I win right?

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 2:47 pm

55 / 72

A: Possesses a decreased tendency to socially osmose behaviors and beliefs, as manifested by 5 of the following:

i) Difficulties with non-autistic social interaction (such as missing social cues, difficulties with small talk, difficulties learning what constitutes culturally acceptable behavior, etc).

ii) Marked differences in the use of non-verbal behaviors (such as using more or less eye contact that the norm, significant amount of blinking during eye contact, unusual facial expressions, decreased or increased use of hand gestures, unusual body posture, etc).

iii) Difficulties in recognition of non-verbal communication (such as difficulties in recognising subtleties of facial expressions, difficulties picking up emotional cues that are recognisable to others, etc).

iv) A tendency to develop interests independent of social influences, or a tendency to not adopt interests that are shared by an immediate social group.

v) A tendency to develop a significant number of ethical rules, belief systems, or rules of etiquette that can not be traced back to cultural or social influence.

vi) A tendency toward literal interpretation of verbal communication and of the behavior of others.

(^This is one I disagree with, I have been told many times by my family members etc. that I am very literal.^)

vii) A need for explicit instruction in matters (such as social interaction) that others typically learn implicitly (by using an instinctual knowledge base to watch and figure out what should be done).

B: Is affected by "Autistic Inertia", as manifested by 3 of the following:

i) Persistent difficulty in commencing new projects or tasks, changing activities or activity levels, or moving to the next step of an existing project or task.

ii) A tendency to focus on a particular task to the exclusion of all else.

iii) A tendency to develop "special interests" - interests that involve a larger amount of time or a greater intensity of focus than the norm.

iv) A tendency to adopt repetitive motor movements (such as hand flapping, leg bouncing, or complex body motions).

v) A tendency to develop specific non-cultural rituals, habits, or routines, and to adhere to these rituals, habits, or routines with a greater intensity than the norm.

C: Has sensory processing differences, as manifested by 2 of the following:

i) Difficulties functioning within or coping with high sensory environments (such as around fluorescent or flashing lights, around certain types of background noise, or around other types of sensory stimuli that would not bother most people significantly).

ii) Hypersensitivity or hyposensitivity to particular sensory stimuli (such as acute hearing, a particularly high or low tolerance for pain, an abnormal ability to notice small visual details, difficulties in noticing sensory stimuli that are immediately apparent to others, etc).

iii) Has an unusual degree of interest in, or obtains an unusual amount of pleasure from particular sounds, colours, patterns, or textures (where the interest or pleasure is derived purely from sensory stimuli, rather than from association to something else).

iv) Has a tendency to focus on particular parts of objects, rather than the object as a whole.

v) Possesses some form of synesthesia - the tendency to experience one form of sensory or conceptual experience as an entirely separate form of sensory or conceptual experience (such as experiencing visual or scent stimuli when particular sounds occur; strongly associating specific colours, sounds, or personalities to numbers or words; etc).

(^ I also disagree with this. I don't think I have any real form of Synesthesia.^)

vi) Difficulties identifying people by their facial features.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

Last edited by rabbitears on 15 May 2011, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 2:52 pm

64/72

I tried to be as fair as I could.

I replied to synesthetic questions mostly with NO.

Hmm, perhaps taking sounds as a way of stimming is a little understated here, scent too.

Hauge
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 May 2011, 2:56 pm

Must say im a little in chok here! - Got 72/72, and 152 on Aspie-quiz, plus 42 on AQ - Didn't suspect it to be that high... More like around 60 or so.

Trencher93
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2011, 2:59 pm

What does Facebook have to do with anything?!

The test has its own URL.

www.spectrumites.com/ASTest/

This is at least better written than the others I've seen. Looks like whoever did it took the other tests, threw out the bizarre/gonzo/unintelligible questions about clocks and dates, and boiled it down to the reasonable ones.

Not with total success, of course. Salvador Dali got in a question: "Do particular words or names seem to have a taste or a smell?" (Not to mention "Do you strongly associate particular numbers or letters with diferent colours?") And apparently the author of the test thinks Asperger's and Platonism have some connection: "Do days of the week, months of the year, or numbers seem to have their own personalities?"

But overall this one is an improvement over the others I've seen. I think mentioning fluorescent lights is interesting - I've always hated them.

I'd take the test, but: "I have a lot of unfinished projects."

Twirlip
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 May 2011, 3:02 pm

Trencher93 wrote:
What does Facebook have to do with anything?!

The test has its own URL.

www.spectrumites.com/ASTest/

That took me straight to http://apps.facebook.com/specastest/!

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 3:11 pm

65 / 72

This is surprisingly high to me, since I think that I'm fairly mild and my sensory issues are fairly minor.

There are some problems with a few questions, though. I'm hypersensitive to pain. The questions seemed to only look for hyposensitivity. There should be more room for flexibility in the questions about religion; I'm very distant from all of my relatives and some my friends, but there are a close few who share my beliefs. There seemed to be too my emphasis on synesthesia.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 3:12 pm

69/72

chinatown
Toucan
Toucan

15 May 2011, 3:23 pm

"Your AS Test score is 68 out of 72. It is quite likely that you are on the autistic spectrum."

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 3:41 pm

69, I thought I'd get lower because most of my answers were "most of the time" or "sometimes" but only once was it "all the time". But on the results I got green for everything except for 1 yellow and 1 red.

Supernova008
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 May 2011, 3:43 pm

How accurate is this test? Is it really better than the others?