Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 3:42 pm

Kookygirl wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Kookygirl wrote:
I think there's a saying that if you think you're crazy, then you are not. Truly crazy people don't know that they're crazy. So I'm gonna have to answer yes, I think I'm crazy haha

Although if by thinking your crazy means your not, does that mean all those 'normal' people who consider themselves sane are actually all crazy. Maybe autism is the human brain evolving into something better and the rest of the population just hasn't caught up yet. Or maybe I'm thinking about this too much...

I like the thought of us being evolved, actually. In some ways we kind of are. :hail:

Well in movies where contact is made with superior aliens, theyre always emotionless and logical, so I think people must agree with this even if it's on a subconscious level.

I don't know about that. While the whole thing about being logical and emotionless is kinda true, have you ever even looked inside a biology textbook? In order for us to evolve like that, we must survive and reproduce better than NT's. While maybe things like specialization and more acute senses were useful in the days of the caveman, in the modern world, NT's are much more likely to reproduce and pass on their traits, because that's all they know how to do. I know, that was just a joke, but I couldn't resist. :wink:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 4:01 pm

Yes. Krazy with a K.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 9:19 pm

I think I more of a black sheep than a crazy person at least with my family.
From my viewpoint, I think I am one of the few people that actually looks and questions why
I am doing something instead of just doing it because that is the way it is done.
It is the world that is full blown crazy or that is how I rationalize it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 9:42 pm

As intresting as it is I am not sure I like the direction my mental state is headed, but I am through with trying to get officially diagnosed or professionally helped. I'll just have to deal with it myself I suppose....or maybe I am one of the only sane people.

kahlua
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jul 2011, 6:33 am

I thought I was going insane until I discovered ASD. I had all these struggles that nobody else had. I seemed to be the only person that wasn't like everyone else.

Now I don't feel so insane. Except when I explain weird things to the psychologist, like when there aren't the same number of white poles with red reflectors on both sides of the road. Then its uneven and not good.

Tamsin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jul 2011, 8:51 am

Self-ish? Probably. Rude? Most likely. Crazy? Hopefully not, though I do jokingly call myself crazy. But even if people do think I'm crazy I don't care a whole lot unless it affects a large part of my life. I don't have to please them.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 9:01 am

Bill43 wrote:
I am good looking, and when I open my mouth, I chase people away like Frankenstein. I often say my best chance of getting a relationship with a woman is if I play a "deaf/mute". Then, I can't say anything that will permanently drive a woman away.

I know this feeling. I'll tell you a secret. Find a woman that speaks a different language to you and just fake it!

I have some pretty wacky ideas, I would have to come across as crazy, but strangely no one has said that

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 9:11 am

Is it a known observation to anyone else that the people who really are crazy are either ignorant of the fact or are in denial?
And the people who simply think they're crazy are perfectly ok people?

So if I embrace my craziness and come to understand it, does that mean I.....won't be crazy anymore? :P

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

07 Jul 2011, 9:59 am

Surfman wrote:
I have some pretty wacky ideas, I would have to come across as crazy, but strangely no one has said that

I always assumed it was sublime humor beyond my comprehension. :P

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

07 Jul 2011, 10:02 am

blue_bean wrote:
So if I embrace my craziness and come to understand it, does that mean I.....won't be crazy anymore? :P

Yes, actually. All those insane asylum patients just need to recognize and repent their sins (i.e., of being crazy) and the devil will let their mind free! :lol:

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 5:29 pm

Is insanity a sane response to an insane world? :arrow:

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2011, 12:11 am

Surfman wrote:
Is insanity a sane response to an insane world? :arrow:

If you fit in, you're sane in NT society so if you're about as insane as the average NT, sure! :lol:

BottleCap
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2011, 12:15 am

Been crazy every second of my life, and while everyone knows I'm crazy, they don't know just how crazy exactly I am. O:

ForestRose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jul 2011, 4:37 am

Yes, I've been called crazy before. I've been called insane too but for reasons other than AS! I've been called crazy in a good way because I do the most eccentric things and insane because I swear I lost my mind or came very close to it for a few months, and others would probably agree with me.

In my opinion there are too different types of crazy. I've been both. One is awful and can pretty much kill you while the other is kind of insanely thrilling. That's how I get when I don't sleep!

Artros
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2011, 5:11 am

I don't get called crazy. Quirky, yes. Abnormal, yes. Crazy, no. I would not consider myself other than abnormal either.