04 Jul 2012, 6:53 pm

Swinging is awesome.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 10:24 am

fleurdelily wrote:
BunnyMum wrote:
That backwards and forwards motion of swinging is so soothing.

and that "heavy" feeling, of your own weight pushing down on you. Ever notice that? as you are going up, it's pushing your weight on you, like the weighted blankets do.... :wink:

Yes! I really like it, too. Now, as an adult, I don't go out of my way to find a swing set or anything, but if I just happen to be around one I'll use it. :)

I remember one time back at school when I was 16 we were meant to be playing tennis, but I got excused from it for some reason (not enough courts maybe, don't remember) and went to a swing set nearby and spent the whole hour or so swinging! This was in full view of the teacher and other students, so at the end the teacher looked at me funny and asked "enjoyed the swings? ;)" At the time I totally didn't get what was so funny about that and replied, perfectly seriously: "yes".

loner1984 wrote:
Can swings actually take the weight of us grownups? ive always been afraid to brake the darn things.

Im about 87kg, thats a bit more than what they are build for i would imagine ?

I wouldn't worry about that - there are some pretty heavy kids nowdays. :)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 3:12 pm

Hurrah for swings! I loved them and I could never seem to get high enough.I also liked to sit in them and twist the ropes or chains tight so I could spin.I was a lucky kid and had the great nostalgic rope swing in the back yard,I could hog the swing all day(not like at school where I got in trouble for not sharing).Now I have a porch swing,not as exciting but it will do.I have a tree that would be perfect,maybe I should put one up for old times sake.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 5:21 pm

FMX wrote:
I remember one time back at school when I was 16 we were meant to be playing tennis, but I got excused from it for some reason (not enough courts maybe, don't remember) and went to a swing set nearby and spent the whole hour or so swinging! This was in full view of the teacher and other students, so at the end the teacher looked at me funny and asked "enjoyed the swings? ;)" At the time I totally didn't get what was so funny about that and replied, perfectly seriously: "yes".

I once spent almost three hours swinging. My mom could not believe that I was swinging that long without getting dizzy or anything.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain