What are your current obsessions right now?

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

philippepetit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jul 2012, 1:42 pm

i wish i could be really obsessed with one thing
you probably get so much done
i want to do everything
there's just not enough time

weeOne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jul 2012, 1:54 pm

I'm obsessing about two things right now, both of which I'm researching obsessively: ASDs & Bullying.

Both of these fit into my special interest in social justice. My obsessions change, but my special interest umbrella areas remain fairly fixed.

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 2:33 pm

Vera gd Bradley.. this is one of those obsessions I would get rid of if I could. It's not like me at all and yet, I'm obsessed.
I'm like a little kid everytime I see someone with a vera purse I take a little mental photo and then go look it up later and see which one it is and what pattern... this is probably my most compulsive one. I've always got one like this and for nearly 3 years now it's been Vera Bradley. But. It's a little better because previously this slot was filled with Waldorf dolls. So I guess it's a step up.

My kids.

Skyrim.

Zombies.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 2:43 pm

Art= drawing swirls and color patterns with soft pastels. I have tried to diversify my repertoire but I usually end up drawing hands, swirls and lines, birds or roses or trees. Or Wuuzles. People keep telling me to stop drawing the same stuff, because there is "more to me" than that >,< So I have not drawn in a few days. I moved from soft pastels to a combination of soft and oil pastels because I found a soft sort of oil pastel. The ones I had from the craft store where hard to slide, I got a crayola brand oil pastel box, it works great and I also stole paint sample papers (well not really stolen you can take them) to test colors in different backgrounds without wasting paper.

Another current obsession of mine is the game pictureka. I got a computer version of it and play it a lot because finding objects is awesome. But I hate hidden object games because they make you solve puzzles in between finding objects.

Autism has been a "special interest" of mine for about .. . well years really cant remember exactly which one but I remember the time frame was since before I came out here from calif and that was about three years ago.

Jtuk
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 4:21 pm

ASD waning - I've exhausted all the available material now.

Work rising - I've started doing a lot more technical work in the evenings, but this has meant my bed-time routine is knocked out. I'm back to 3-4 hours of sleep at night.

I have also started watching TV series on Netflix. I'd just been watching movies, but now I've been doing all nighters on the weekend watching entire series in one sitting. Very dangerous.

Jason.

ItsJustAmber
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2012, 5:03 pm

Final Fantasy Xiii-2. I replay the endings at least twice a day and the game for at least 4. I am very obsessed with this at the moment. :)

ItsJustAmber
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2012, 5:03 pm

I forgot to mention WP!

Wobbuffet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2012, 5:17 pm

Power Rangers (mostly MMPR/Samurai), Pokémon (in general) and Final Fantasy (mostly VII, XIII and music of the series.

ItsJustAmber
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2012, 5:30 pm

Wobbuffet it is really nice to find another FF Xiii Fan on WP! :)

LadyIdril
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Aug 2012, 1:06 am

Well, it seems like I have 3 different "levels" of obsessions: The bottom level is the one where my obsessions have lasted for years upon years (I guess these would be characterized more as special interests?), the middle level are ones that will last for maybe 3 months to a year, and then the top level is the short, fleeting obsessions that can last for a few days to a couple of months. But usually, it's either the top or bottom level and very rarely the middle.

So on top of my "basic" obsessions, like Tolkien, books, music, graphic design, Autism/Asperger's, etc., I've been very obsessed with the apocalypse and zombies (which freak me out but are still oddly fascinating). Can't stop thinking about what would happen if I woke up to the apocalypse tomorrow, whether it be a nuclear apocalypse, a zombie apocalypse, etc. I don't know how I'd do being an Aspie during the apocalypse. Computers would probably be out so no internet, no learning random things, and no graphic design. Books would be too much of a burden to carry (especially Tolkien's) and probably not desirable anyway since I'd need more room for supplies, which are higher on the totem pole when you're in survival mode. I'd be terrified for my dog since I'd have to protect him and feed him. I'd be stressed to the max and thrown into a completely unknown situation without any real point of reference. How would I react? How would I cope and manage? How would I defend myself and my dog when I'm 4' 10 1/2" and have no upper body strength? Especially against zombies and cannibals?

Great... Now I'm thinking about it again... Just when I was about to go to sleep...

"Autism: it's not a processing error, just a different operating system."

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 2:26 am

Hmmm... let me check... yup... it's still autism, cars and WP. I wish it would hurry up and get back to cleaning though... my poor little house could really use some love! :cry:

Wobbuffet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Aug 2012, 5:59 am

ItsJustAmber wrote:
Wobbuffet it is really nice to find another FF Xiii Fan on WP! :)

Haha...same to you! ;D

I see a lot of people criticising it for being linear (and saying the whole game is just like one big corridor), but that's great for me...if I'm given the choice of where to go (or given a vague instruction of where I should head to), I just kinda...don't know what to do. =/

I love the battle structure and characters too. I own XIII-2, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet...I'm looking forward to it though! :D