Do you have out loud vocal conversations?

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anna94980506
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 12:28 am

yes, i do it all the time.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 1:45 am

zeldapsychology wrote:
Yes "talk to yourself" but really not "yourself" Maybe you are going to a meeting and verbally outloud talk about what you might say to your boss or *insert scenario idea* it's not "Hearing voices" ISSUE or just "talking to yourself" We as Aspies tend to make social errors so personally I try to plan out what I might say to a boss/teacher etc. I even talk outloud of what I'd say to fix past mistakes. Can anyone relate??

Thank You.

I talk to myself, but not for exactly that purpose... It's more like I just think out loud a lot of the time when I'm pondering some deep issue because for some reason, when I just think deep thoughts, my mind will sort of get stuck in a loop, and I can't move on and continue with whatever I'm thinking about. If I say it out loud, it's easier to organize my thoughts.

Kedman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Oct 2012, 9:55 pm

I rarely speak out loud like everyone's describing, but I most definitely carry on conversations in my head. I'm not actually speaking to myself, it's always to other people who just don't happen to be right here at the moment. :wink:

It just dawned on me a couple weeks ago that what I'm actually doing is rehearsing a conversation that might come up in the future. I practice every possible twist and turn of the conversation...so that when/if it really happens, I'm prepared and can come across as knowing what I'm talking about. Not only do I pick and choose the right words, but practice different 'emotions', facial expressions, etc.