Autistic spectrum and comorbidity - sleep issues

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you have problems sleeping?
Constantly - I never sleep right 49%  49%  [ 35 ]
Sometimes - I sleep right half the time, and the other half - not so much 39%  39%  [ 28 ]
Occasionally - every once in a while, my sleep is not so good 13%  13%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 72

Yayoi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 May 2013, 6:30 am

I had really bad insomnia as a baby. It was so bad my parents had to take me to a clinic for it. Growing up, I've found it a lot easier to sleep, but waking up for school is still very hard.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2013, 8:29 pm

It depends. If my tics go berserk, I can't sleep at all and wake up in the middle of the night, grunting, or blinking unable to close my eyes when I want to. Otherwise, I sleep so well that my mom gave multiple needle supplements to me and I couldn't feel anything.

Schizpergers
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jul 2013, 11:45 pm

It's funny the poll doesn't acknowledge that someone could not have sleep problems, or have different types of sleep problems than mentioned.

Personally I fall asleep and stay asleep just fine. I sleep way too much though and am often exhausted when I'm awake no matter what I do. I'm a diagnosed hypersomniac. I can easily sleep over 20 hours.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2013, 2:23 am

granted... however, the poll maker (me) did not realize that was a thing

BelleAmi
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jul 2013, 2:42 am

neilson_wheels wrote:
Now I don't do any of the above, I need a distraction to fall asleep, reading a book, watching a film, listening to music or audio book.

Have a lot of trouble sleeping at all if I am really interested in something or over-stimulated - always have tended to wake up at about two and stay awake until five, then sleep another hour, if lucky - audio books work for me, too, especially someone with a very calming voice.

Arthur Rimbaud.