Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

thewho7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jan 2018, 1:06 pm

When thinking back what my childhood was like, sudden noises was possibly my most disliked thing ever. Some of my so-called "friends" liked making a sudden noise or saying my name sharply to startle me if it was in class or whatever. Couldn't do fireworks, too loud and would startle easily. I can't remember having, or being at any of my friends birthday party's so balloons were hated but wasn't around them hardly at all. Was afraid of dogs for a while pretty much because of their barking.

As an adult, it's better. I don't like fireworks, so I won't see them in person and am never around balloons. Used to dog barking for the most part and any "friend" who thinks it's fun to tease me by trying to startle me with a sudden noise will get one more chance. I'd drop a friendship in a heartbeat if they insist on doing something like that.

So I mostly enjoy it as a hypervigilance, being able to hear quieter noises that many wouldn't hear.

Alexinwonderland
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jan 2018, 9:17 am

Yes! When I hear loud noises, I don't hear them, I feel them in my sides, you know? It really hurts and I just wanna cry.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 4:27 am

Sudden loud noises really freak me out and will cause anger and stimming for the next several hours. Sometimes if the sound is right it can almost traumatize me. The worst sound is like a wooden pallet suddenly slamming on the warehouse floor or the sudden pop of a propane combustion engine inside of a forklift. Just to name a few.

Stuff like that can really, really, really cause a great deal of distress and anger for me and I dread hearing sudden loud noises every single time. Every time.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 9:32 pm

No. A sudden loud noise can be startling but nothing I fear.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 10:16 pm

As a child, I was very much scared of the fire alarm. If there was a pre-announced fire drill, I would pretty much be unable to think about anything else until it happened. I'd say I still haven't gotten over this completely, although it's not as bad as it was.

There were also some other sudden noises that I was scared of to a somewhat lesser degree, but I've never had a problem with fireworks.