Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 10:16 pm

Ugh... don't get me started. This is why I hate sports. The school makes girls dress very scantily and guys are scratching their butts or something as if it's only okay here.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 11:04 pm

I never had to wear a uniform, but I hated wearing lab coats for lab classes. No one wears them in lab. I also hate wearing name tags. I don't want people to know what my name is.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 11:35 pm

Most of the uniforms I have for work no longer fit me, so I'm ok.

The first ones we had to get were blouses made of a really synthetic feeling non-breathable fabric. They faded really quickly in the wash too. The second ones we ended up getting from another supplier and they were ok. It was a pity I got them when I was at my skinniest a few years ago so they're two sizes too small now. I wish the uniforms we had were just stretch tops which we could still wear no matter if we went down or up a dress size or two. Some of my female coworkers have the same problem and can't wear many of their uniform shirts. Our employer makes us pay to buy them all too.

I don't feel like wearing the logo sometimes because often the firm is not something to be proud of or that I want to admit to represent.

Danimal
Toucan
Toucan

21 Mar 2014, 11:54 pm

I wore BDUs in the Army for a number of years. I liked them because they were loose and comfortable. I hated the black boots. I especially hated the black berets the Army forced upon us. In summer it was like wearing a wet poodle on your head. I liked that I didn't have to ever decide what to wear. I'm really not into fashions.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 11:56 pm

Danimal wrote:
I wore BDUs in the Army for a number of years. I liked them because they were loose and comfortable. I hated the black boots. I especially hated the black berets the Army forced upon us. In summer it was like wearing a wet poodle on your head. I liked that I didn't have to ever decide what to wear. I'm really not into fashions.

they must never have forced you to wear winter issue BDUs which were the most uncomfortable things known. they were designed to trap in body heat.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 12:02 am

I like my uniform. :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 12:05 am

JSBACHlover wrote:

do you have a hot weather uniform, or does air conditioning take care of it?

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 12:30 am

Joe90 wrote:
Mind you, I wouldn't mind wearing a shirt with a tie, but in my pathetic culture women don't wear ties.

What? Then this video was all a lie??

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg[/youtube]

Though I guess maybe it's because she's Scots.

Danimal
Toucan
Toucan

22 Mar 2014, 5:04 am

We also had the cold weather BDUs all year. I went to basic training at Ft. Bliss, Texas. Summer. Desert. After wearing those BDUs in 100+ degree heat, I could stand anything.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 3:24 pm

auntblabby wrote:
JSBACHlover wrote:

do you have a hot weather uniform, or does air conditioning take care of it?

I could get short-sleeved black clerical shirts but I don't like them, so I rely on air conditioning. I get uncomfortable a lot.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 10:09 pm

I don't hate uniforms. It just depends on the uniform. Some of them I think are really beautiful like military dress uniforms. When I had to wear uniforms at school it was great because I did not have to be bothered with deciding what to wear every day. That can be hard sometimes. Now I don't really care and just wear what is clean and comfy, usually jeans and tshirts or sweats. But having to figure out school clothes could be annoying so when I was in schools that did not have uniforms I usually just wore jeans and tshirts.

Wreck It Ralph

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 10:02 pm

I loved my school uniforms. It took the pressure off me of deciding what to wear and prevented me from being teased about how I dressed. However, I cheated a little bit because my mom would always take me around to find comfortable cotton polo shirts in the right color and she would get the school logo put on them at the uniform shop. She would also find me uniform acceptable shorts or skirts that were soft, and she cut my belt loops off for me because I could never stand to wear belts (still can't) which were required unless you didn't have belt loops. If she hadn't been willing to do all of that, I would have been miserable and I bet I would have hated uniforms.

Jeans were a sensory nightmare for me, I wasn't able to tolerate them until I was in 9th grade, but now they are my everyday choice for comfort!

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 10:19 pm

auntblabby wrote:
rapidroy wrote:
To be honest, aside from the fact that I could not wear what seems like 90% of the uniforms out there because of sensory issues, I absolutely hate having my body branded with someone else's logos and slogans.

QFT.
What's QFT?

Wreck It Ralph

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 2:29 am

skibum wrote:
QFT.
What's QFT?[/quote]

In internet slang, 'QFT' stands for 'quoted for truth'; it's a means of expressing agreement with the post you are quoting.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 7:18 am

I liked uniforms, and the lessened stress of not having to decide on what to wear very often. But only the BDUs and not the dress uniforms. Never feel quite right dressed up. Its usually uncomfortable and too stiff feeling. I prefer being in things I can work or play in.

kaiouti
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Mar 2014, 8:03 am

i only hate suits, most uniforms are fine i think