Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 6:30 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
I'm embarrassed to say this but I don't change my clothes often, probably once or twice a week. I even sleep in them. That said, my attire is usually casual - jeans, t-shirt and sweater. All my clothes were bought at Value Village except the sweater which was given to me.
No need for embarrassment. If that is what works for you than no one should judge you harshly for it.

Wreck It Ralph

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 7:01 pm

Jeans, cowboy boots and t-shirts. Lots of black, but not all black.

anthropic_principle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Oct 2014, 7:38 pm

i tend to wear oversized and rather plain clothing and strictly long pants.
also i prefer more old fashioned wears.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 10:27 pm

Sweaters and pajama pants pretty much 100% of the time during the fall, winter and spring when I'm inside. When I go out I just wear sweaters and jeans in this weather, and in the summer I wear t-shirts and shorts. All my clothes are comfy, I can't wear clothes that are tough or feel weird.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 10:31 pm

RedRobin. No judgment at all here, just curious. Do you change your underwear more frequently than your other clothes? I know that for women it's really important to change it often. I don't know how that works for men.

Wreck It Ralph

grbiker
Raven
Raven

29 Oct 2014, 10:53 pm

Wow, know how one Aspie dresses, and you know how one Aspie dresses.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 11:15 pm

Right now I have my selection of band and music festival shirts, mostly black in base colour. Finish it off with black sweet pants and that's it. My comfy cloths, if anyone has a problem they can go and deal with it.

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 11:25 pm

I dress in the only outfit I have, jeans and a T-shirt.

wisenupjanetweiss
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Oct 2014, 11:51 pm

I usually wear what's comfortable as I get extremely agitated in restrictive clothing.

Usually this means tee-shirts or comfortable blouses and comfortable pants. (Jeans, occasionally soft-material slacks, etc.) I also have to be warm enough, no exceptions, so I end up wearing a hoodie or blazer/etc. of some sort (Sweaters and I do not usually mix. They hurt me.) most of the time.

However, I do prefer to look nice sometimes. (Sometimes it's for special occasions, sometimes I just feel like I need to 'dress up'.) I'll grit my teeth through it if I have to.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 1:36 am

In the summer I wear shorts and a ribbed tank top pretty much everyday. In the winter I usually wear sweatpants and long sleeve shirt at home, when I go out, I usually wear jeans and t-shirt with a hoodie for warmth. I tend to wear pj's a lot year round since I don't leave the house much. For shoes I usually wear flip-flops, tennis shoes, or boots.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 1:57 am

almost always thin fabric and baggy pants, net tank top, sunglasses, soul patch, hair in ponytail, loafers or good walking shoes. at home in my birthday suit or bathrobe.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 5:11 am

redrobin62 wrote:
I'm embarrassed to say this but I don't change my clothes often, probably once or twice a week. I even sleep in them.

Nothing wrong with that. Changing clothes everyday is nonsense unless they are dirty or have been sweated in.

I'm usually at home, but when I went to school I didn't change from day to day, I wore my clothes until I thought it was necessary to change them. As long as they don't smell bad or are dirty, it's no one's business. Personally IDGAF what anyone thinks of my clothes. I wear what I like and am comfortable in.

I always wear sweatpants (usually grey; sometimes blue, green, black). What else depends on the weather. Inside: almost always T-shirts in some shade of grey. Slippers if it's cold enough, often barefoot otherwise. My clothes are always comfortably baggy and oversized. I hate clothes that reveal anything. I prefer unisex clothes. (I was given one shirt that I liked but unfortunately it had feminine cut and I dislike wearing it as a result. It makes me look like an old hag! I much prefer my look in unisex T-shirts, they make look younger and more girl than woman.)

When it's colder I obviously need warmer clothes. Jumpers, Jackets. Usually grey, black, blue or green. Ear warmers or tuque in winter, gloves. Shoes: Sneakers in blue, white or grey. At times warmer boots in winter.

I have good old clothes that are really worn out or even patched that I wear at home and also sleep in, and I have newer clothes that I wear when I venture outside. The moment I get in, I change to my good old clothes, and I make sure to never sit down at home with my out-clothes (which have been used out, and on public transport etc), so chairs and bed etc are clean.

I never wear shorts, tank tops, skirts or dresses, nor tight clothes. I don't wear jewelry or make-up. I like perfume, but my sensitive skin sometimes reacts to them and can get real red and swollen.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 5:16 am

I like simple T-shirts and my main colors are red and black.
For pants i usually wear blue jeans.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 5:19 am

I am like you Skil. I change when I get home into indoor clothes. I don't wear outdoor clothes in the house and no one is allowed in my house with outdoor shoes. Outdoor shoes come off and stay in the pantry. My husband has learned to do that as well but he sometimes keeps his outdoor clothes on when I always change mine. Sometimes it bugs me when he sits on the bed with his clothes he has worn out. But he knows not to sit on my side of the bed with them. I recently found out that having indoor and outdoor clothes is quite a common thing in many countries and the older generations in the country of my parent's birth did that as well.

Wreck It Ralph

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 6:30 am

Loose comfortable clothes inside and whatever passes for semi fashionable outside.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 6:49 am

At home: baggy t-shirt and knit pants (warm weather) baggy t-shirt with sweatshirt or sweater and sweatpants with thick wool socks (cold weather).

Out of home: Blue jeans and a newer, better-fitting t-shirt, sandals, sneakers, or loafers (warm weather), blue jeans and a sweater with a camisole underneath, cotton socks, and boots (cold weather).

I'm trying to move from t-shirts, which are something worn by young women who do not look like they've carried four children, to blouses that are fitted at the top and more blousy at the bottom (to hide the mommy belly, since I gather it's 'gross' to display anything other than a perfectly flat belly and I ain't doing crunches) which are socially acceptable for middle-aged women with multiple children. They seem to mostly come in nylon/polyester and rayon. They are very expensive. And they aren't very comfortable.

I try not to go to do big things, like go to the grocery store or show up at a school event, in sweats and a t-shirt, because I know people are very judgmental. Yesterday I forgot (taking hydrocodone from having an abscessed tooth pulled) and went to watch the preschool Halloween parade in sweats with bleach spots around the ankles. Everyone else was wearing dressy clothes with styled hair and full makeup (WTF?!? Seriously?!? Get a life!! !) People are very rude to you if you don't look "polished." Sometimes I don't care though-- I won't get dressed and do my hair (beyond brushing it) to run out for cigarettes or milk, and I don't get dressed if I'm not planning on leaving the house. I have little kids, I do a lot of messy work, I collect a lot of stains (food, dye, paint, grass, bleach), and clothes aren't cheap. I see no reason to ruin my good clothes just so no one will be annoyed by seeing me in sweats in the gas station or at the Dollar General.