Do you ever wonder if people on WP are secretly people...

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 3:15 pm

EzraS wrote:
, I mean how many 14 year old autistic Ezra's are there? .

you know I have come across two different books by parents of Autistic children named Ezra:

Following Ezra: What One Father Learned About Gumby, Otters, Autism, and Love From His Extraordinary Son
by Tom Fields-Meyer
http://www.amazon.com/Following-Ezra-Fa ... B007SRXN5M

and

Seeing Ezra: A Mother's Story of Autism, Unconditional Love, and the Meaning of Normal
by by Kerry Cohen
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158005 ... CPCERQPG7H

You are not by any chance one of those two Ezra's, are you?

If not, then maybe some researchers should do a study to determine if naming your child Ezra increases the likelihood of Autism 8O. After all some people are claiming everything from vaccinations to circumcision might. :?

- Albert Einstein

Last edited by r2d2 on 11 Jan 2015, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 3:20 pm

Real life? No... Maybe never. It's better that way.

But internet friends? XD My username gives away my identity to them, I don't know if they're afraid to show themselves to me. And there's a tiny little chance that one of them at least encountered this forum; because 3-4 of them aren't NTs, but none of them are autistics/aspies either...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 3:28 pm

yes I think about that kind of thing a lot. getting increasingly paranoid and neurotic over Internet in general.

Awilder
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 4:36 pm

Well, not sure possibly have come across persons from this site in other portals on the web whereas, in real life highly unlikely due to the fact, I've never encountered autistic persons in my social journeys in my daily life with the exception being a asperger's social group, but that was several years ago. So, I really don't know

We are like the wind,
Wrapped, luminous wind,
We make a road for the spirits to pass over.
For the Spirits to pass over.

ICollectWatches
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jan 2015, 12:38 am

Some people on the spectrum spend a great deal of time online and you've probably encountered them on other forums. They are over-represented online, not because there are many of them, but because they post a lot, or in multiple forums.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 4:55 am

ICollectWatches wrote:
Some people on the spectrum spend a great deal of time online and you've probably encountered them on other forums. They are over-represented online, not because there are many of them, but because they post a lot, or in multiple forums.

lol so true. I went through a period where I used all kinds of forums for learning things vs. googling and reading. On one major forum that I used to post on for around 10 years I made well over 100,000 posts. At the moment I mostly just use this forum, and lately a bit too much. I have accounts on a handful of other forums but only ever go to them to post and ask questions when I need to know something - i.e. how to fix something on my car, or info about building or fixing something etc.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 6:45 am

I wondered if certain people on the weather board I use are autistic. I have never wondered if they are on WP.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

diablo77
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jan 2015, 10:43 am

No, because I don't know many autistic people in real life, which is why I come here.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 1:11 pm

I wonder if that predator who roughed me up that morning three days before 2015 might be a member. I'm going to keep recycling though, but not in his neighbourhood if that's the case. What a way to start the new year. With bouts of anxiety and paranoia.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 2:32 pm

L_Holmes wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
The title of this thread is a bit weird.
Do you ever wonder if people on WP are secretly people....

Do you ever wonder if people on WP are secretly people....who eat other people?
Do you ever wonder if people on WP are secretly people....disguised as zebras?
Do you ever wonder if people on WP are secretly people....who are half cyborg?

There's more chance of that ^ than of them being people I know irl.

I was thinking the same thing about the title :lol:

I always assumed that members of WP were all hippopotomuses. So I am shocked at the suggestion that some of you hippos might be humans in disguise!