1Million Dollars Vs Lose Your Aspergers.

Page 3 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

Which would you pick
1 Million untaxed dollars 88%  88%  [ 127 ]
Cure your aspergers forever 12%  12%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 145

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 12:38 am

Definitely would use a lot of money to buy access to reporters for the purpose of exposing and closing The Judge Rotenberg Center and fund an anti Autism Speaks campaign.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

rugulach
Toucan
Toucan

24 Apr 2015, 1:40 am

I am going to sound the jarring note here.

I would gladly take the cure if it cured all my co-morbid conditions along with aspergers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 2:10 am

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
The question here is simple: Would you rather get tons of money for doing nothing or getting heavy brainwashed and have your personality changed forever?

My personality is quirky, silly and annoying, and I'm so slow-witted which makes me look ridiculous a lot of the time. So yeah, I don't like my personality much. I wouldn't mind having that changed.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 3:32 am

Well hmm I'd take the million dollars.

r84shi37
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2015, 3:44 am

jimmyboy76453 wrote:
Easy. Getting $1 million and getting to keep my ASD would be the best of both worlds. If someone offered to give me $1 million to give up my ASD, I would turn them down.

I'd take the million dollars in either case ASD cured or not lol.

If I had a million dollars I would buy (or lease) a building and then open up a Jimmy John's sub restaurant, and I'd do everything to make it the best Jimmy John's ever. That's pretty much my dream job. Doubt it pays as much as my major though... so I'm thinking I'd only open the Jimmy John's when I'm 45+ and 'retired'. Maybe I could open up 2-3 locations?

Andreger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 3:49 am

Million. It will make life more interesting while losing Aspergers may do the contrary.

So... where can we get the chosen result? :D

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Apr 2015, 7:07 am

So I'm being offered £660,000. That's not enough to live on forever. Even if I only lived another fifty years and was really clever with my savings, I'd be looking at an income of about £14,000 p/a.

However... that's a lot of free money! I'd take the cash and top it up with casual work.

ylevental
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2015, 7:28 am

alex wrote:
A million dollars for sure.

Says the employed high-functioning aspergian

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 3:10 pm

I'll have the million dollars. Being an Aspie is a part of who I am, and no one can take that away.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 3:47 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
So I'm being offered £660,000. That's not enough to live on forever. Even if I only lived another fifty years and was really clever with my savings, I'd be looking at an income of about £14,000 p/a.

However... that's a lot of free money! I'd take the cash and top it up with casual work.

Yep, being a millionaire isn't as good as it used to be. £660,000 might bring enough interest to live on if it was in term deposits, but it might be hard to increase the returns by enough to compensate for inflation, without taking some risk.

elysian1969
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2015, 3:51 pm

I'll take the money. It may not buy happiness, but as a good friend once told me, it will buy the kind of misery you like the best.

At this point in my life I'm pretty much used to the way I'm wired. Why change it now? But I can always use cash.
:heart: :skull:

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 6:45 pm

Mil

lissa1212
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2015, 3:35 pm

So I'm going to be in the minority and say I'd cure my Asperger's. I enjoy some things about my Asperger's such as my special interests, unique abilities, and the way I think. However, I really can't stand the loneliness that comes with having it (not to mention my comorbid depression, anxiety, and OCD). So assuming curing it would enable me to have a decent social life and a healthy romantic relationship, I would take the cure, even though it would no doubt completely change me.

(P.S. Though I would cure myself of Asperger's, I am in no way implying that people should be cured of it against their will. I understand and respect that some people don't want to get rid of their Asperger's, but in my life personally the cons of it seem to outweigh the pros).

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 3:54 pm

Easy choice for me -- I'd like the million.

Because, as others have mentioned, it would give me the means to take myself out of the situations in which my autism causes challenges for me in the first place: work, and my living situation.

Although the work I choose is the closest thing to tolerable, there are still issues, and I'd love nothing more than to have independent wealth so that I could spend my time doing what I really love to do. I have no problems filling free time even if I have a lot of it; it's my favorite state and I'd drop my work like a burning turd if I won the lottery tomorrow.

I'd also be able to get away from renting and finally own my own home. My particular current situation is a toxic one but, long story, I'm stuck with it. I'd be without some of my stress factors if I could buy my own home. I don't care if I still have my traits to deal with, these other things improving in my life would go a long way to relieving some of my stress, and the decreased stress in itself would make my traits milder as I've seen from my own experiences with mine.

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 4:13 pm

rugulach wrote:
I am going to sound the jarring note here.

I would gladly take the cure if it cured all my co-morbid conditions along with aspergers.

Maybe you should try goldfish's remedies. I'm being serious.

Poor motivation

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 4:40 pm

I think that being an Aspie is actually ironically a better tool for "curing itself" (due to superior intellectual-capabilities that simply need "activating") than being a millionaire (a million isn't sufficient for most people these days to cover their life-time unless they're very frugal like me).