VERY upset when you can't find something

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 4:42 pm

What I really hate is, every so often my mom comes in my room and 'organizes' it, i.e. moves everything around and throws stuff away so that I can't find anything at all anymore. Man, it pisses me the hell off. I've tried to get her to stop doing this but she still does occasionally ._.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 May 2015, 10:14 am

^^^ What age are you? The best solution is to keep your own room as clean and tidy as possible so she doesn't look in and see any mess. Maybe she only does it when she thinks it looks untidy and cluttered to her.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Judas
Raven
Raven

23 May 2015, 6:59 am

I get annoyed when loosing my tablet pen, my wallet, keys or my cigarettes. Otherwise I just go meh I'll pop up and if not I'll just order a new one off Ebay. Maybe I'm too lazy to freak out over things, which begs the question why do you freak out over such things? I mean no offence I'm just trying to understand.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 1:01 pm

Judas wrote:
I get annoyed when loosing my tablet pen, my wallet, keys or my cigarettes. Otherwise I just go meh I'll pop up and if not I'll just order a new one off Ebay. Maybe I'm too lazy to freak out over things, which begs the question why do you freak out over such things? I mean no offence I'm just trying to understand.

The physical scientific explanation has to do with our inability to quickly prune and re-form neural pathways in the brain.

The psychological component looks a lot like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6o881n35GU

Jayo
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 1:07 pm

OH YES I certainly do, to the nth degree!! ! So many times my poor wife has been upset back with me as I get into my "tunnel rage" and turn things over, throw things out of the way etc, to find my missing item. I'll fume and curse and stomp, etc, etc, where I have to be told to calm down like a child, which just makes me madder. :evil:

I suppose it might be an Aspergers thing in the first place, how I end up misplacing & forgetting things due to executive dysfunction; but then I think, that's more of an Alzheimer's thing, and I'm far off from the average age of Alzheimers; heck, I've had this pattern for years in the past.

Sometimes I do facetiously joke about putting up post-it notes everywhere, but my wife called me out on that passive-aggressive line of "reasoning" :P

Judas
Raven
Raven

23 May 2015, 6:42 pm

Hm, interesring. Have any of you tried using mindfulness techniques in such situations? I for my part find it very effective. Although I'm rather low on the autism spectrum,(about 10) but sadly have pour executive functioning, especially as I don't seem to even be in the same space time continuum as everybody else, lol. Ps: Startrek <3