Page 3 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 12:37 pm

I actually write really well, for a "leftie". At least that's one of those right-handers once told me. :P
The biggest problem is trying to avoid smearing. People can tell I've done a lot of handwriting (or drawing) when they see that lovely grey smudge on the side of my left hand.

My mom is also left-handed, but her handwriting is really difficult to read. According to a book on graphoanalysis, she has the handwriting of a serial killer. She thought that was hilarious. Graphoanalysis is pseudoscience, anyway.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 6:40 pm

I have very poor handwriting. The thing that baffles me is that I'm also a great artist. How can that be?

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2016, 1:19 am

My handwriting is said to be very beautiful. I write at a normal speed compared to others' handwriting.

My letters look like printed letters. It is the same handwriting as I had when I was a child. The school taught me to connect the letters (methodic handwriting) but later on I decided to unlearn that. Schools say that there are advantages to connecting letters, but I function really well in my life with my "childlike" printed letters.

A while ago I also extend my handwriting with cyrillic letters. That is based on the way the letters in Bulgaria are printed. When I learned Russian the books taught me to connect the letters. That wouldn't work for me for the same reason I told that about elementary schools above.

Now I am working on a Japanese writing system which is pretty complicated, but which I am able to learn. I get fluent at writing hiragana. I have to practice a lot with writing kanji and adhering to the stroke order (in which order you draw the lines, a kanji consists of). Some hiragana letters I already write fluently.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 2:52 am

no, i do not write sideways.... but if anyone really cares to look at it, they'll see that they the quality fluctuates greatly between quicly scribbling notes for a class and when labeling or drawing....very careful...calculated. i tend to make them pretty tall then.

i was lied to. my primary school teachers have lied to me, for not once have i used cursive outside of their dumb exercises.

not once.

anyone else?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 3:18 am

It's kinda funny, actually.

I'm a self-taught ambidextrous and can write with two hands at the same time and usually do.

I was the fastest writers in all my classes at school and there was just one right-hander who could just keep up with me and sometimes beat me.

My handwriting however is quite bad, but not absolutely horrible.

It is difficult to write clearly with two hands even if I go at a more moderate speed.

So, fast writer, can write with too hands, but handwriting is a tad messy.

Right hand is still messier than the left (left = natural) and I still have to take my time with the right hand, but I find it so much more funner writing with both these days than one.

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 8:49 am

How good is my handwriting?

I don't think I can answer that because I don't think it's good at all. You can barely read it. Even I have trouble reading it.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 2:25 pm

I've been told that my printing is decent and legible, but my cursive is awful.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 6:47 pm

Fairly neat

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 6:50 pm

It used to be better.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 8:07 pm

Everyone in my school has better hand writing then mine. I have dysgraphia but do to people wanting me to right in a way unnatural my hand writing has suffered. Though it was still way below average. My brother weirdly enough has really good handwriting.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 8:47 pm

I get compliments about my handwriting a lot, so apparently it's pretty good. ^^ People say it's cute because my letters are so big and round.

I don't write in cursive, but the letters flow together like cursive, either pressed up against each other or directly attached to each other. The letters stand straight up rather than tilting. I space words very far apart from each other, particularly when I'm upset. I read once that the space you put in between words is representative of how much you distance yourself from other people, which seems very true in my case! I also don't dot my letters (the lowercase i and j).

And I hold my pencil "wrong" apparently. So people are like, "How can you write so perfectly when you're holding the pencil like that!?"

I write at a normal speed. Or maybe slightly slower than average? I think I'm kind of a perfectionist about my handwriting; that's probably why people think it looks nice. ^^

Kafka on the Shore
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2016, 1:15 am

My handwriting is awful ... to everyone else but me. Everyone who looks at my handwriting must ask what it means because it's so bad. To me it's fine, and, in a way, the dreadful writing is beneficial. See, I write stories: books, novels, essays, and the sort, and horrendous handwriting is as good an anti-theft device as possible.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 2:39 am

My handwriting is pretty piss poor to be truthful and about as good as my reading.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 2:57 am

^ that ia a great way to think about it. i'me had people nab my writings for whatever purpoises, only to give it back because they couldn't understand a word of my scrawling.

what it also does though, is block me from a decent grade. :| how am i supposed to be peer reviewed if my handwriting could be easily mistaken for farsi?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 5:24 pm

My handwriting is poor especially if trying to write fast. I'm a slow writer. When I was 11-12 at prep school they made me do handwriting lessons. It didn't help much.

delightfullyodd
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2016, 9:12 pm

Mine's atrocious. I pity the profs who had to mark my handwritten exams back in the day... I'll insist on a computer in the future, for their sake as much as my own.