how many would abort if you could test for autism in womb

Page 3 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 5:29 pm

Arganger wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
As for abortion think about it like this. Would it really be right to force a woman to have a baby if her body had complications and there was a chance that she herself could die in the birthing process? Wouldn't that be like murder too?

When the woman's life is in danger I think then to should be up to her. Because both lives matter.
But that isn't an abortion, typically what they have to do to keep the woman from dying results in the death of the child, it isn't a purposeful murder.

The vast majority of abortions do not take place because the woman's life was in danger, and I assure you most woman who have lost their child in that situation do not want to be placed in the same group either.

Well I can also assure you that every woman who has had an abortion is not an amoral slut using it as a form of birth control.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 5:35 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Arganger wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
As for abortion think about it like this. Would it really be right to force a woman to have a baby if her body had complications and there was a chance that she herself could die in the birthing process? Wouldn't that be like murder too?

When the woman's life is in danger I think then to should be up to her. Because both lives matter.
But that isn't an abortion, typically what they have to do to keep the woman from dying results in the death of the child, it isn't a purposeful murder.

The vast majority of abortions do not take place because the woman's life was in danger, and I assure you most woman who have lost their child in that situation do not want to be placed in the same group either.

Well I can also assure you that every woman who has had an abortion is not an amoral slut using it as a form of birth control.

And I never said they were.
But murder is no answer for anything, especially with adoption as an option (Infants are adopted extremely quickly, it is children 5 or older that have trouble getting adopted. Birth parents can actually choose out of lot of parents if they want to)
And what should be worked on is increasing services for mother and child, and perhaps even more assess to actual birth control.
But as someone who wants strongly to adopt a child, killing that child is not okay, at all.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 5:38 pm

Arganger wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Arganger wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

But murder is no answer for anything, especially with adoption as an option (Infants are adopted extremely quickly, it is children 5 or older that have trouble getting adopted. Birth parents can actually choose out of lot of parents if they want to)
And what should be worked on is increasing services for mother and child, and perhaps even more assess to actual birth control.
But as someone who wants strongly to adopt a child, killing that child is not okay, at all.

No, you didn't say that. But I have heard it said many times before and I always get the feeling that is what people think about women who have had abortions.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 5:43 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Arganger wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Arganger wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

No, you didn't say that. But I have heard it said many times before and I always get the feeling that is what people think about women who have had abortions.

I have this belief abut life; Everyone sucks.
As such that includes me, and if I don't want people hovering over every bad thing I've ever done or will do, I shouldn't either no matter what it is.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 5:47 pm

Arganger wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Arganger wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Arganger wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

I have this belief abut life; Everyone sucks.
As such that includes me, and if I don't want people hovering over every bad thing I've ever done or will do, I shouldn't either no matter what it is.

I used to feel that way, but then I started to realize that most people really aren't so bad if you give them a chance.

Child of the Universe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Sep 2018, 5:49 pm

No, for the following reasons:
1. I am against abortion.
2. I am against aborting someone because of a disability.
3. Plenty of people in my family are most likely on the spectrum anyways. They would fit right in.
4. I would actually want an autistic child because I could relate to them and understand them better. I’m not sure I would know how to raise an NT child, although I would obviously accept my child regardless of neurotype.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 5:58 pm

I really think this should be in the Politics and Religion part of the message board. Just sayin. :D

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 6:02 pm

the problem with the abortion issue, IMO, is too much politics and religion.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 6:07 pm

Raleigh wrote:
the problem with the abortion issue, IMO, is too much politics and religion.

Absolutely True. But I still think this needs to be moved to the appropriate place. :mrgreen:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 6:13 pm

^ You could bring it to the attention of a mod.
I believe I just saw B19 post.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 7:13 pm

Shouldn't this thread be in the "Women's Discussion" sub-forum?

After all, it's only the women who should get to decide whether or not they undergo an abortion...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 9:06 pm

^ it's not only women who are allowed to have an opinion about it, surely?

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 9:07 pm

Fnord wrote:
Shouldn't this thread be in the "Women's Discussion" sub-forum?

After all, it's only the women who should get to decide whether or not they undergo an abortion...

As a woman,
What's next, only white people can decide if someone can shoot up a school?
Just sayin...

This should go to the politics and religion section though for sure.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 9:57 pm

The way I see it it is her body but at the same time the father might want to keep his kid and it is pretty unfair to take his unborn baby away if he really wants to raise it and love it.

Like Ursula from The Little Mermaid said: "Life's full of tough choices 'int it?" :wink:

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2018, 11:12 pm

Raleigh wrote:
The foetuses would be none the wiser, but the decision to be aborted or not is not theirs to make, so your argument is invalid.

I don't understand your point.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 12:41 am

I also wouldn't do the same for an unborn baby with Down Syndrome or any other disability.