Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

magnum233
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 May 2019, 8:08 am

Joe90 wrote:
magnum233 wrote:
Sam64 wrote:
Here's a great video of an Aspie girl and her NT boyfriend discussing their relationship and how it works for them:

Dude looks a bit like someone from Metallica.

The girl looks like a Barbie doll.

Yeah unfortunately alot of women from what i know who are on the spectrum tend to dress up like the 'idealistic' woman as portrayed by media. There are a few differences between men and women with Autism or aspergers. Typically women tend to be more adept and fitting into society than men who have aspergers or autism. They still have alot of difficulty, but they mask it better.

KeepOn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2019, 8:32 am

magnum233 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
magnum233 wrote:
Sam64 wrote:
Here's a great video of an Aspie girl and her NT boyfriend discussing their relationship and how it works for them:

Dude looks a bit like someone from Metallica.

The girl looks like a Barbie doll.

Yeah unfortunately alot of women from what i know who are on the spectrum tend to dress up like the 'idealistic' woman as portrayed by media.

I've noticed that about females with Autism too. Some of them almost seem to become a parody of a girl. And I find it genuinely worrying when you get some who make themselves look hyper sexuslised but have a very naive mind. Actually the girl in the video has a video about being sexually assaulted a few times when younger due to not seeing the dangers, warning signs etc. It's a good channel.

And I'm amazed at how well some of them mask and the energy some of them seem to have to keep it up. I wonder why they tend to be better at masking than makes? Maybe because being silent is more acceptable for males ("strong silent type") I don't know...

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 8:34 am

The people making such hate sites are more likely to be antisocial/psychopaths/sociopaths than any aspie.

KeepOn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2019, 8:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Don't you realize those are idiot sites?

Don't you realize those on those sites are talking out of their butts?

Don't you realize that people's opinions, frequently, are like buttholes---everybody has one?

Don't let those websites dictate how you should feel about yourself.

Yes, we on the forum know those sites are idiotic but we're concerned others will take them seriously and some of us know NTs who have done.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 10:34 am

That means we have to spread it around....that those sites are idiotic.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 2:49 pm

Quote:
I've noticed that about females with Autism too. Some of them almost seem to become a parody of a girl. And I find it genuinely worrying when you get some who make themselves look hyper sexuslised but have a very naive mind. Actually the girl in the video has a video about being sexually assaulted a few times when younger due to not seeing the dangers, warning signs etc. It's a good channel.

And I'm amazed at how well some of them mask and the energy some of them seem to have to keep it up. I wonder why they tend to be better at masking than makes? Maybe because being silent is more acceptable for males ("strong silent type") I don't know...

I am not into cosmetics, I prefer to look natural in appearance, but I don't want to look plain or nerdy either. So I make sure my hair is well-groomed and I put lipstick on and sometimes wear nail varnish (even though I bite my nails). I do wear trendy clothes, but not skirts, and I only wear a dress for formal parties. But I do wear nice shorts in the summer.
I am often criticised for not wearing my glasses, but I know this sounds a bit childish but I always worry that wearing my glasses will make me look plain or nerdy, being so I give off a shy vibe anyway. I do have trendy glasses (they have a nice blue frame), but whenever I wear them out I feel like people are looking at me funny. My cousin, who is my age and knows a lot about fashion, says my glasses are really fashionable and that she would happily wear them if she had to. So I don't see why people have a problem with me when I wear them in public.

Mm80
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jun 2019, 6:31 am

quite an extreme wrote:
Mm80 wrote:
It did deplete me a little reading these sites portrails, and left me a little hopeless, so im looking for some reassurance really that these sites are not a true reflection of aspergers.

The sites are sh*t of dirty minded people and you shouldn't take them to seriousely. But Aspergers is indeed a problem once it comes to social interaction. There is a small chance to get rid of Asperger's. But first of all you shouldn't feel bad about yourself because it wasn't ever your fault nor choice of having an Asperger's syndrome.
The way out isn't as easy but all people are different. You have to allow yourself being emotional an to feel towards others and you have to learn to read other people's intentions and emotions. If it's up to me I'm always subconsciousely stopping any feelings and it's not possible to feel the way of others as long as you don't feel anything. I thing the Asperge's syndrome may result from being emotional or physical hurt as a small child when the brain is still developing. It's kind of of an emotional self-protection.

Sam64 wrote:
I always wonder if Aspies are so heartless and lacking in empathy, why is it always the Aspie kids who get bullied at school? :roll: If NT's are so empathetic why don't they leave them alone and accept they're different?

It's ape behaviour. Some people want to become better liked once they are bullying the ones who aren't well liked by others. NT women are totally into most dominant guys. That's why some people try to appear higher within the ape hierarchy of NTs by bullying the ones who aren't well liked and show a low self-esteem.

I had a look at the video above. The woman has clearly an Asperger's syndrome beside of her self destructing traits which seem to be the result of her desperation. The guy is NT. For getting the women right you have to look into her eyes. Most NTs wouldn't get the women emotionally because her body language is cold and uneffected.

Thank you. Everything you said has made sense to me. Im not sure about getting rid of aspergers but if i could improve my social life and skills even a little, ill be happy.