Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2019, 8:09 am

I don't know if I felt a sense of belonging but more extreme relief and my feelings of guilt also started to go as I realised I wasn't just making excuses. As time passed I did get that sense of belonging and this website has personally helped me with that as I see many others who have similar experiences and it helps me feel less crazy. Now as for belonging with other people on the spectrum I've had 3 and they were all very different... The first girl hated me and told me it was because I had friends and she didn't which was quite upsetting (she was very openly spiteful), the second also had down syndrome and while we get on and she really likes me (and I her) we don't have a friendship because there is a bit of a barrier and the last one I get on with very well and we make loads of dark jokes, our friendship starting over us bonding because of why we went to therapy. Who woulda thunk it, we're all individuals. In general I feel belonging with the 'weirdos'

Robert312
Toucan
Toucan

04 Oct 2019, 11:58 am

I feel like I don't fit in even among other aspies. I seem to be more high functioning.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2019, 2:11 pm

Robert312 wrote:
I feel like I don't fit in even among other aspies. I seem to be more high functioning.

I think that was my issue with the first girl as I was able to pass for normal a lot better than her and socially was doing better. With my friend it's very different as she is the one who is higher functioning. I got told I'd be in the middle of what used to be called Aspergers but act like I'm a lot farther up.