Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

OkaySometimes
Raven
Raven

20 Feb 2021, 8:26 am

auntblabby wrote:
too bad no pharma has decided to try artimesia in a consumer pain relieving product.

With a lot of herbal medicine, that's the case. As I understand it, most of the reasoning is that since you can't patent a plant unless you can prove that you personally hybridized it and it's unique. So if someone used a plant-based ingredient and it worked well, they wouldn't have the "first-to-market" right to be the only producer (no "generics" allowed for … oh, it's been too long since I worked in the industry, but it's several years.) So, since there's less money to be made, and no monopoly at first, no big companies are even interested.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 9:00 am

being that i am too risk-averse to try my hand at harvesting the right planets, i will for now stick with the medicial preparations made of comfrey/rosemarinic acid and DMSO/Frankincense, as i can vouch for their effectiveness.

DIVAIR
Raven
Raven

20 Feb 2021, 12:50 pm

Auntblabby, I'm pretty sure you can get at least Mugwort at a health food store, it gets its name from its use as a bittering agent in beer. I use sagebrush and mugwort in the beers I make and drink, but I limit the amount I consume because it can become toxic if you ingest too much, hence my use of many warning in my last post. They are both great pain killers and anti-inflammatorys.

DIVAIR

DIVAIR
Raven
Raven

20 Feb 2021, 1:13 pm

If you're in the States, you can learn to ID plants here:

https://plants.sc.egov.usda.gov/java/

DIVAIR

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 8:00 pm

^^^thank you :flower: sorta seems like some of those ingredients [sagebrush relative] are also in absinthe.

DIVAIR
Raven
Raven

20 Feb 2021, 8:35 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^thank you :flower: sorta seems like some of those ingredients [sagebrush relative] are also in absinthe.

Yump! Wormwood is a type of Artemisia :D

Vodka, fennel, anise, Artemisia, let stand for a few months and you have the "Green Fairy":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe

You can also add dill, cumin, coriander and caraway seeds, as well as dandelion roots and greens for a more complex flavor too :D

DIVAIR

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 1:00 am

DIVAIR wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yump! Wormwood is a type of Artemisia :D

Vodka, fennel, anise, Artemisia, let stand for a few months and you have the "Green Fairy":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe

You can also add dill, cumin, coriander and caraway seeds, as well as dandelion roots and greens for a more complex flavor too :D

DIVAIR

don't they pour it over a sugar cube to cut some of the bitterness?

edwardferg
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Oct 2021, 3:30 am

auntblabby wrote:
being that i am too risk-averse to try my hand at harvesting the right planets, i will for now stick with the medicial preparations made of comfrey/rosemarinic acid and DMSO/Frankincense, as i can vouch for their effectiveness.

Do they have any noticeable side effects?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 3:55 am

edwardferg wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Do they have any noticeable side effects?

so far, god-willing, no. cross my fingers just for luck. and what has really helped me besides prayer circle, was dan dial's miracle medical rotary tesla machine and his molecular enhancer, the two items deliver a one-two punch of pain relief. expensive for sure, beyond my means new but i bought a used enhancer from a former patient who moved away. i use it every night i'm home and visit dan dial's lab when he is open. lucky for me he lives right across the street from my sister's house in town.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 4:00 am

i am not at home so i can't go look at what it is called but it is a hybrid THC/CBD capsule that i take when i need extra relief from pain, taking two of them is like a good ol' valium pill :hic: :drunken: :colors:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 6:56 am

Been using cbd full spectrum for a couple of months. I don't use it every day but only when my pain flares up.

Started using it because the pain in my back was just too much to bare and also I developed this limp and that doesn't help my back either.

Anyway so far I'm really pleased with the results of this stuff. I'm so pleased that I have stock piled it so I've got enough for a few months. My pain has decreased to a much more manageable level.

I've also noticed that it has made a difference with my ptsd symptoms as well. Its like I still have the same triggers (for instance nightmares) but my response to it it a lot calmer.

I also think that because its helpful with my pain this has had a knock on effect to decreasing my anxiety and my mood.

I do find it to be a bit expensive though. We don't get it on prescription in the UK so I have to buy it but they do do good deals at my local health store.

I have also made a point of letting my doctor and physiotherapist know that I am using this. I think it's important for the promotion of the product that these medical professionals are aware that it actually does help in improving the quality of people's lives.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 7:55 am

babybird wrote:
Anyway so far I'm really pleased with the results of this stuff. I'm so pleased that I have stock piled it so I've got enough for a few months. My pain has decreased to a much more manageable level.

I've also noticed that it has made a difference with my ptsd symptoms as well. Its like I still have the same triggers (for instance nightmares) but my response to it it a lot calmer.

I also think that because its helpful with my pain this has had a knock on effect to decreasing my anxiety and my mood.

I do find it to be a bit expensive though.

I complete agree with ALL of this! Seems like we both have PTSD, chronic pain, and sleeping issues?

I wish it were cheaper too. I save it for right before bedtime and will increase my dose if I'm in a bad pain flare.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 8:01 am

Never tried. Deadly illegal. Expensive squared.

Curious. May wanna try.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 8:05 am

Edna3362 wrote:

Curious. May wanna try.

What do you mean by "deadly illegal"? Sorry, I don't understand this term!

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 8:10 am

Flown wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

Curious. May wanna try.

What do you mean by "deadly illegal"? Sorry, I don't understand this term!

From where I came from, it's a rather questionable topic. And kinda risky, even the medically prescribed kinds.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 8:32 am

Edna3362 wrote:
From where I came from, it's a rather questionable topic. And kinda risky, even the medically prescribed kinds.

I see. Is it not well regulated in your area? I can't imagine any MAJOR risks with CBD--unless there are questionable chemicals being used in the extraction process or there are actual flaws in the extraction process. Of course there is always the risk of drug interaction (if one is taking other medications). It isn't psychoactive, and its effects are generally pretty mild if taken properly.

I'm just rambling at this point :lol: