:lol:

Er, that was satire, wasn't it?

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 1:25 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
Sophist wrote:
Do you actually realize how awkward it is with you talking to me about me as if I were two separate people and I've never met myself??

Thus, I don't really know how to answer your reply. Only that you are making me very tired of the DSM.[/size]

I'm referring to all the members of BONSAI, including myself, not just you.

That still includes me. And I still don't know how to answer that.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Morlock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2005, 1:30 pm

I never saw NTs as the enemy, but probably because I've had some friends who were.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 4:14 pm

Some of the kindest, most responsible, and most understanding people I've ever known were 100% neurotypical. Also, many of the most degenerate, selfish jerks have been neurotypicals. This is exactly the same as with people on the autistic spectrum, but I've noticed that most neurotypicals tend to lie somewhere in the middle while ASDers are more likely to be at either extreme.

Really, NT-bashing doesn't bother me, since I know what goes around comes around. I look at people who view all neurotypicals as enemies and I can see that they've got a sad path of alienation and hate ahead of them.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 5:00 pm

BlackLiger wrote:
People who look like gorillas?

I think galatea meant the band Gorillaz. Celebrity lookalikes are cool! 8)

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 5:01 pm

galatea wrote:
so tru wat we need is accepttance of more ppl like

What about dyslexics? Oops, I meant dsylxeics! :oops:

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 5:12 pm

Sophist wrote:
NeantHumain wrote:
I'm referring to all the members of BONSAI, including myself, not just you.

That still includes me. And I still don't know how to answer that.

So you don't have an opinion on whether or not Asperger's syndrome leads to a higher risk of developing a maladaptive personality structure? You did say percentage-wise you liked NTs more than aspies. Usually, the likeability of a person has to do with the adaptation and maturity of their personality; this logically leads to the possibility that aspies are at a higher risk of developing personality disorders.

I have skimmed some research that implicated ADHD with the development of many personality disorders (antisocial, borderline, narcissistic, histrionic, and even obsessive-compulsive); other research indicts ADHD (combined type) as a childhood precursor to psychopathy; of course, most hyperactive children, even those with conduct problems, do not become psychopaths. Research has shown that ADHD, Combined Type; conduct or oppositional-defiant disorder of childhood; and antisocial personality disorder in adulthood share the same genetic basis. My hunch is that the predominantly inattentive type of ADHD has a stronger correlation with avoidant, schizoid, schizotypal, and dependant personality disorders; I speculate that ADHD,IA might even be an early childhood manifestation of schizophrenia in some cases.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 9:38 pm

Quote:
Hatred for NTs makes me sick. I've considered leaving the forums more than once due to the anti-NT posts and threads.

Don't see me as biased, as I get on with / like more NT's than aspies also, but you have to understand alot of the people here (including myself) have been given a very hard life because of treatment from NTs.

For alot of the people on this site it's just human nature to put their back up towards neurotypical people.

If you've been lucky enough to avoid such treatment all together, congratulations.

Quote:
assburgers

What the hell is an assburger? A burger made out of mule meat?

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 9:57 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

Assburger = Aspergers.
Just a funny way of saying it.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 10:03 pm

renaeden wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Assburger = Aspergers.
Just a funny way of saying it.

Ass Burger?

Don't you mean Arse Burger?

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 12:29 am

Hmm....so now I'm seeing anti-Aspie posts? Can't we all just get along?

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 1:00 am

mikibacsi1124 wrote:
Can't we all just get along?

Good point; this is pretty much why I started this thread.

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 1:45 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Don't you mean Arse Burger?

Eww gross!

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 1:49 am

I think my country's leader has a pretty bad case of Ass/Arse Burger's Syndrome.

[ducking]

SpiderMonkey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Sep 2005, 7:18 am

I'm sorry, but I will always see them as the enemy.

I used to hate myself for not being able to fit in. I had a nightmare of a time during my last few years at school and my first few years at uni - times that shouldve been the best years of my life. Then I realised it wasn't my fault. I just though differently, and the NTs didn't tolerate that. Their intolerance is what made my life hell, and deprived me of normal experiences everyone else takes for granted. So why the hell should I tolerate NTs?

I'd also invite you to compare the number of dictators with AS to the number of famour scientists with it.

thepeaguy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Sep 2005, 7:29 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Quote:
Hatred for NTs makes me sick. I've considered leaving the forums more than once due to the anti-NT posts and threads.

Don't see me as biased, as I get on with / like more NT's than aspies also, but you have to understand alot of the people here (including myself) have been given a very hard life because of treatment from NTs.

For alot of the people on this site it's just human nature to put their back up towards neurotypical people.

I can understand this since I didn't really have very great experiences making friends with those who are neurotypical; they thought I was teh weird and stupid. But I do think it's unfair to categorize those just because you had some bad experiences with a few as*holes in your life (not referring to those who do get along with anybody).

I just can't stand the elitism that goes on in some autistic communities -- online or not. I loathe it.