Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 4:39 am

I stim, therefore I am.

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 7:01 am

Slight variation of a former idea: "Aspies Rock!" on the front, with "LITERALLY!" on the back! :D

Seriously, I want Aspiewear NOW NOW NOW! Only problem is finding something that suits me, since I am not really a traditional rocker and flapper. Apparently I flapped as a kid, but now I think I do the more subtle stuff, like wriggling, picking my nails, and the less subtle clapping my hands/face/tensing arm muscles.

What about this: "Find it hard to communicate with me? I find it hard to communicate with everyone!"

Hmm... I can't think of a good phrase to capture it, and I've been trying for ages! I want to express the irony of the fact that so many NT's complain about getting so burnt out and frustrated by the communication barriers they have with Aspies, and yet they only have to deal with one Aspie, whereas Aspies have to deal with communication breakdown in a world packed full of NT's! And yet we are the one's that have to learn tolerance and be accomodating! *chuckles* Oh, and I'm not suggesting it isn't hard for NT's too, but I think they sometimes forget that for everytime they misunderstand us, we misunderstand hundreds of NT's!

Oh, and "Aspies become more literal when they are in a FLAP!"

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 10:25 pm

"I got dignosed with aspergers and all I got was a T-shirt"

Classic

"I have aspergers, bow before me"

"I have aspergers, your just a moron"

"Aspergers" "Humans 2.0"

Laynie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Oct 2005, 12:16 am

I agree that I'd probably too shy to actually wear the shirt... because once people read the shirt, they'd just want to talk with me about it, so it would defeat the purpose of getting them to leave me alone! :-) But, I wanted to say that I checked out this site: http://www.cafepress.com/ashumor and I LOVED the holding hands joke seen here: http://www.cafepress.com/ashumor.18508329. I laughed so hard, I love that one. The other one, where it says "I love someone with Asperger's -- and it makes them very uncomfortable" is incredibly funny too. :-)

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 12:43 am

Laynie wrote:
I LOVED the holding hands joke seen here: http://www.cafepress.com/ashumor.18508329. I laughed so hard, I love that one. The other one, where it says "I love someone with Asperger's -- and it makes them very uncomfortable" is incredibly funny too. :-)

I have that hand holding shirt, and I wear it a lot. People almost always comment on it. They either laugh right away, or they ask what Aspies are.

My mum has an 'I love someone with Aspergers' bumper sticker.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 7:03 am

Bec wrote:
I have that hand holding shirt, and I wear it a lot. People almost always comment on it. They either laugh right away, or they ask what Aspies are.

My mum has an 'I love someone with Aspergers' bumper sticker.

OMFG!! ! People wearing my stuff!! ! ((Sory, the coolness of that just kinda hit me hard)) Hehe I'm glad you have fun with it!

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 7:06 am

I'd want a T that only other AS people would understand. I would wear that one quite happily

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 11:53 am

Different is cool?

-SpaceCase :oops:

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2005, 7:41 pm

SpaceCase wrote:
Different is cool?

-SpaceCase :oops:

And cool is different, for that matter.

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2005, 9:01 pm

I saw someone wearing a t-shirt once that said, in the same design and lettering as the famous beer ad:

Asperger

probably the best syndrome in the world

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 1:25 pm

DivaD wrote:
I saw someone wearing a t-shirt once that said, in the same design and lettering as the famous beer ad:

Asperger

probably the best syndrome in the world

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 1:31 pm

i intend to plagiarise one of our new members by making a t-shirt which reads "kiss my AS"! :D

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 1:35 pm

Neuroman wrote:
first draft for a t-shirt (size edited for use as an avatar)
On the top, cogito ergo stim, on the bottom, either sulum sui generis (each unique unto itself) or sulum mentis sui generis (each mind unique unto itself).
which one?

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

GhostsInTheWallpaper
Toucan
Toucan

11 Dec 2005, 2:17 pm

Thinking of some sports shirts I see around..."[Sport X] is life. The rest is just the details." How about, "Detail is life. The rest is just an outline."

Or, "If life is in the details, autistics are the life of the party."

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2005, 6:25 am

Omg, there are so many good ones here! I'd love to wear a shirt like that, but I think I'd freak out - if I did, it would be very subtle.

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2005, 8:14 am

The Cogito, Ergo Stim t-shirt would be very subtle. I intend to change the center to ASC in keeping with my new ideas about Autism Spectrum Characteristics (instead of Disorders) and Characters. This way, we are not Aspies, instead we are ASCies (apropos since many of us are enamoured of computers).

I could put cogito ergo stim in ascii (or binary) if that would make it more subtle...

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill