Autism and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

wlgeertsen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Oct 2016, 12:24 am

I have Asperger's and have been having an extremely high sex drive, and addiction. I have been speaking with my counselor. My counselor suggested that I may have high testosterone levels. When seeing my doctor about this he thought I could POCS. I am curious about how many Aspergirls also have POCS.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 2:08 pm

I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago because of very irregular periods and extreme hair growth. I had no idea they were possibly connected.

Greenleaf
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Oct 2016, 7:03 am

I have autism (Aspergers) and had hormonal test results about 10 yrs. ago similar to PCOS, though no cysts. There was a high level of at least one androgen, as I remember. Testosterone is not the only androgen. Also, the hair thing... ugh. I definitely get addicted to sugar and would likely do better on an Atkins-like diet, or other low-ish carb. I managed years ago and did lose lots of weight... need to again...

Alexinwonderland

06 Nov 2016, 12:50 pm

I was diagnosed with PCOS at around 11 years old, I have had problems with heavy periods, acne, weight gain and cramps most of my life. However, my sister and one of my cousins have PCOS and neither of them are on the autistic spectrum so I am not sure if there is a link between the two disorders.