Houstonian WP-members looking to meet up someplace....

Page 3 of 28 [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next

aguales
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Aug 2008, 9:31 pm

Alright. Is it safe to make it official? This Saturday at the Edwards Marq*e Entertainment Center. Lunch-time :chef:

I'm gonna make some specific suggestions to sort out a few things. The Marq*e is kind of a big place. At one end is the Edwards movie theatre and at the other end is the Jillian's arcade. Since the movie theatre is bigger and easier to locate, I'm suggesting we all meet in front of the theatre...between 11:30 and 12:00? I'll pm my cell number to those coming so that way you have someone to contact in case anyone is running late.

The actual address of this place is 7620 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas 77024. So ya'll can mapquest it if you'd like. Or you can use their nifty little map.

Once again, here are the restaurants. Over the next few days, we can debate on which place to eat. Or we can just spontaneously sort it all out when we all meet up Saturday.

stephaniecatherine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2008, 10:23 am

aguales wrote:
Alright. Is it safe to make it official? This Saturday at the Edwards Marq*e Entertainment Center. Lunch-time :chef:

is it official? i'm still having the mental argument whether I'm going or not :oops: :roll: ..

i may have to move furniture, but that may be happening on sunday....so i may just look like an ass if i don't go...or i may look like an ass either way...aaah! 8O :!: plus my car broke down a couple weeks ago and the fix was only temporary..starter busted, part of manifold fell off..loud scary sound.....seriously...i'm not just makin stuff up..

so...official-ness has been declared?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 11:15 am

Pleeeeze pleeze go...I want there to be more girls.....pleeze....

Also....I am not sure yet, but I might need a ride....

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 11:50 am

Also..

While I am not completely opposed to the notion of people meeting up at SHFL at some point down the line...I do warn that it is very hot in there and messy....though we CAN turn on the AC's with advance notice..and...um.....uh....well...we would need to figure out something to do there....and whatnot....

stephaniecatherine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2008, 11:56 am

poopylungstuffing wrote:
Also..

While I am not completely opposed to the notion of people meeting up at SHFL at some point down the line...I do warn that it is very hot in there and messy....though we CAN turn on the AC's with advance notice..and...um.....uh....well...we would need to figure out something to do there....and whatnot....

games? anyone have any good board games? or games that don't actually have boards...but still come in a box...yeah?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 11:58 am

oh ...i have lotsa board games....
I am thinking though that we should officially meet up at the Marquee....if anyone wants to go to SHFL afterwards, there could always be that option. It's not TOO terribly far away...and it's there for people to see if they are curious.

stephaniecatherine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2008, 11:59 am

poopylungstuffing wrote:
Pleeeeze pleeze go...I want there to be more girls.....pleeze....

Also....I am not sure yet, but I might need a ride....

ok, cave dweller, this makes me feel more like going. still my car and whatnot...it's working now though because I drove to work :o .....and for how long is this whole shindig planned to be going on for?

:bounce: :heart:

aguales
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2008, 1:58 pm

Olivia, if you need a ride I can pick you up since I know where you're at. Also stephaniecatherine, if you need a ride, I could pick you up after picking up Olivia since you'd be on the way to the Marq*e :thumleft:

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 5:21 pm

YAY! Now we should do a roll call of everyone who is going!

aguales
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2008, 12:03 am

I'm there.

stephaniecatherine wrote:
how long is this whole shindig planned to be going on for?

Well, the initial plan suggested by Ana54 was to just eat out together. But there are things to do at the Marqee, so after we eat we can seperate and do what we each want to do or form a group or groups to do various things together. Some of us may just head back home after the lunch.

Last edited by aguales on 14 Aug 2008, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stupidcat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Aug 2008, 12:11 am

If I were heading back to University sooner than the end of the month I would so be there. With bells on. :lol:

aguales
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2008, 12:24 am

Stupidcat wrote:
If I were heading back to University sooner than the end of the month I would so be there. With bells on. :lol:

Well, I'm sure we'll set up more meetups in the future. Hope to see ya then :salut:

stephaniecatherine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Aug 2008, 12:36 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
YAY! Now we should do a roll call of everyone who is going!

ook...i think thaat...I will be going. I'm thinking I will take up that ride offer from you aguales...I'm also thinking my car would probably make it there, but that it'd be more approachable to just get in the car with two strangers rather than walk up to them in the marq*e....weird how that works. I'd only be able to make it for za lunch though...so...aguales....let me know how that is for you. If I need to drive myself I could possibly just follow behind or something like that..or not. i don't know.

poopy-i listened to your 'sweet jane' song... :drunken: :heart:

^s^

oh...and if we need to know how to recognise one another :roll: ...i'm the one with the tattoo on her face. it's not huge though, so you may have to get up close and inspect people....so I'll just look for the people inspecting people's faces...if I am needing to look for anyone there, that is.

:o

adverb
Toucan
Toucan

15 Aug 2008, 1:32 am

ana54 and i will be there.

so, saturday noon in front of the theatre?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 3:17 am

i am nervous.....

aguales
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2008, 10:34 am

adverb wrote:
ana54 and i will be there.

so, saturday noon in front of the theatre?

Yeah, in front of the theatre between 11:30 and 12:00.

It looks like Olivia and stephaniecatherine will be with me. Me and Olivia will be able to recognize Jeffrey aka WaxDeejay. That leaves Adverb, Ana54, and Tim who may not recognize who's who in front of the theatre :chin: I don't really expect a big crowd at that time of day so I believe we'll be able to "recognize" and find each other. I'll be wearing a dark blue collared top, khaki shorts, and Crocs sandals. Also, I'm filipino, so you can look for a brown-skinned asian-looking guy with the the outfit I just described.

I'll also pm my cell # to ya'll.