Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2005, 8:08 am

There are many neurotypicals who can pick up on vibes. I thought this was all a part of life because if you didn't have vibes, how could you understand people?

Twitch
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2005, 9:47 pm

I do sometimes but it's never very specific. It's just either good or bad.

"In what concerns you much, do not think that you have companions: know that you are alone in the world."

Henry David Thoreau

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2005, 10:13 pm

Not much at all. I'm not sure where it came from, but I can stalk a person in a large crowd if focused on only that. Even if I can't see the person, I manage to find her. I also have a keen sense of deception and unauthenticity. Vibes is a weird word.

DarkDay
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Dec 2005, 1:29 am

I have been able to pick up on vibes for as long as I can remember. It was a huge shock when I found out that not everyone could. All neurotypicalls I have asked how they tell if somone is upset or angry have said something about facial expression or body language. Nothing was said about being able to sense it, feel it, or just know it.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2005, 2:01 am

I'm not the greatest when it comes to picking up vibes from other people, but people always pick up vibes from me, and it's usually not one that I'm going for. I wish I could figure out how not to give a vibe of being desperate and horny, because I'm really not. I have figured out that my shyness, my aspie awkwardness, and the fact that I'm a "nice guy" (even though I don't specifically try to be) contribute to it , so I guess that's a start.

Javid
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Dec 2005, 2:21 am

I frequently get a vibe off someone I just met, as to if they're a good person to be friends with or not. Rarely fails.

I also generally can tell when someone's lying to me intentionally (to decieve), even though I can't tell when someone's joking with me.

A lot of stuff I just learned to figure out by what I see and hear, sometimes it's difficult to tell that intentionally developed skill from a "vibe" type method of discernment, but those two things are the main two that I'm sure on.

06xrs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2005, 7:22 am

DarkDay wrote:
Does anybody know of any nuerotypicals that can pick up on vibes.

My wife can tell instantly if someone is lying or not, good or bad intentions, etc. In the Christian community its called the gift of Discernment. Anyway, she's never wrong.

With regard to your body's electrical field? In what way do you alter it? Frequency? Amplitude? And how did you test it?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2005, 6:00 pm

I pick up vibes alot.

Even over the internet. Vibes about what people look like through the way they behave, and the sort of person they are behind the mask.

I also get vibes from people by looking at them in real life and am almost never wrong.

quietangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2005, 6:14 pm

I know what you all mean by the vibes. I could always tell the emotion when walking into a room. But if someone is talking to me I have no idea what they are feeling. Wierd

Naman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Dec 2005, 7:00 pm

I get them strongly, especially if I make eye-contact. (Which is the main reason I try to avoid it.) And that's sort of the weird thing. I seem to be able to read what people are _actually_ feeling as opposed to what they're subconsciously trying to project, which tends to go right over my head.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2005, 8:21 pm

Yes, neuro-typicals can recieve vibes... I tend to be able to pick up very easily on thoughts and emotions of other people. It is the fact that I don't know what to do with this information that gets to me.

Funaho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jan 2006, 5:43 pm

I pick up vibes from people all the time, and it's one of the big reasons I don't like going out in crowded areas, or around people who are having a strong emotional reaction (and it's *really* bad if i look someone in the eye...I feel like they're burrowing into my mind.) Unlike my regular senses, which are sometimes hypersensitive and somtimes hyposensitive, this one seems to be ALWAYS set to maximum gain...so if I'm not careful around other people I tend to very easily slide into sensory meltdown. In fact it seems like it tends to obliterate what little sensory filtering I usually have and cause other senses (usually hearing and vision) to become hypersensitive too.

It's kind of funny really, because I can pick up what people are feeling, but I still can't for the life of me explain why people feel the way they do. If often baffles me when I say something that I find nothing wrong with and suddenly someone gets upset or angry. I've often wondered if aspies develop strong empathy as a reaction to the inability to read body language, sort of like how a blind person will have better hearing.