Page 3 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2005, 7:29 am

who can live your life for you?

Be there for your own crutch, only you.

Read your last post again 3 times out loud. You answered your own problem and you are a perceptive person, when it involves self-analysis.

Its damn hard getting up the nerve to only be rejected. But if its important enough to you then you will do it. Otherwise quit making excuses. Sorry but BLUNT is my middle name.

REMEMBER:WITH EVERY REJECTION COMES A LEARNING CURVE. EACH TIME YOU GET BETTER AT IT (Meeting and dealing with others).

REMEMBER: THERE WILL BE A SENSE OF PRIDE IN TRYING. IF YOU DO NOT TRY, THEN YOU WILL NOT IMPROVE AND YOU WILL CONTINUE TO FEEL A SENSE OF FAILURE.

That is all, i wish that more people around here would realize that there little quirks are not a problem. They are what set you apart from everybody else and in fact make you better than regular folk. those simple minded basic people reject you, to Blippen bad they screwed up. The only thing you need to feel bad about is the fact that you wasted your precious time on their meager existence.

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

03 Dec 2005, 7:40 am

1) to attain contentment

2) get married, have a family all that jazz

3) be fire chief in a moderatly large, progressive fire department

4) write books that get published

5) make such a difference that even the undertaker morns my passing

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2005, 7:41 am

Low.

I hope I will be surprised.

ridgerider
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2005, 9:07 am

Quote:
That is all, i wish that more people around here would realize that there little quirks are not a problem.

Main Entry: 1quirk
Pronunciation: 'kw&rk
Function: noun

1 a : an abrupt twist or curve b : a peculiar trait : IDIOSYNCRASY

Main Entry: id·i·o·syn·cra·sy
Pronunciation: "i-dE-&-'si[ng]-kr&-sE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -sies

1 a : a peculiarity of constitution or temperament : an individualizing characteristic or quality

Main Entry: 1pe·cu·liar
Pronunciation: pi-'kyül-y&r
Function: adjective

1 : characteristic of only one person, group, or thing : DISTINCTIVE
2 : different from the usual or normal

I think a diagnosable condition like Asperger's Syndrome is more than just a "quirk". If you think that it is just some manageable minor thing that NewAgey positive affirmations can cure, you may not have it.

For me, it has been a problem. I have been able to compensate for it, to do the analytical empathy thing (as opposed to the cued empathy of the NTs) but it took years of struggle, compounded by hippy/New Agers telling me it was a choice.

I hope I am misunderstanding your point.

thatrsdude
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2005, 9:17 am

My only aim is to live a reasonably happy life. There's not much more I can hope to expect, really.

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2005, 6:19 pm

SB2 I wish things were as simple as reading my own post a few times and just puttng my self out there. But they are not. I am trying all I can to try and get over this fear of people. But its hard. I can't just go up to some one and say hello cause when I try I then just lock up and can't talk another word. And then get looked at for being werid.

Im going to try and fix it. But Its not so simple for me as just putting my self out there. I I could do that I wouldn't have a problem.

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2005, 6:51 pm

Sir, you seem to be a very sensitive person, and from that i would infer that you would be a very loyal friend.

You have every right to be afraid of people, many of them are lousy. And you are justified being afraid of them.

Its just that i want you to examine yourself and ask your-self why you have these percieved problems (i before e except after c) {(quirk, no meaning)}. do you view yourself as a dtermined individual or a quitter? Use your gifts to achieve what you want. don't let other peoples views stifle your forward progress in terms of meeting your goals. And who gives a rats ass what others judge you to be. Do you think that they care that i view them as morons who cannot even put up a believable front in their little make believe world (thats what i think of normal people). They don't care.

This isn't new age thinking either, this is called; if you want it then take it thinking. And i apologise for the symantics of my wording. If i wanted to i could break up most written sentences and prove them false by definition. Sorry Ridge-Rider, no malice intended, i do think you misinterpreted my intent, and you are not alone, it happens all the time.

I just couldn't feel that i did the right thing if i didn't challenge you, MoOC. If i acted like i understood and showed you sympathy then i would be A.) Lying to YOU or B.) allowing you to complete the cycle of which is your existence.

I will not enable anybody ever. I will not pity someone who says i cannot. Because anybody can do nearly anything they want, if they want it bad enough. That's the basic instinct, SURVIVAL.

If you didn't know how to hunt and you were stranded in the forrest and you were hungry, would you leard to hunt, or would you die from starvation?

Nitz
Raven
Raven

03 Dec 2005, 6:57 pm

To make my people ( you other Aspies ) proud. That's my #1 goal in life.

I feel that as an Aspie, I have a social responsibility to other Aspies to be the best example of what a person with Asperger's can do. I haven't felt this way for long, but since my diagnosis I've realized that we are a minority without much representation. Part of this is due to the short amount of time society has known about the disorder, part of it is because those who have it seem to see it as something they shouldn't speak of publicly, but the end result is that Aspies are still extremely misunderstood. My goal is to do something about that, either as an activitst for autistic people's rights, or as an entertainer who can use his popularity to promote awareness of the condition, or both.

ridgerider
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2005, 7:01 pm

One thing that helped me was to get involved with groups with a special interest. Something you like, so when you are around people in that group, you already have someting in common to talk about. Like a bicycling club, or a church group, or some charitable cause, or ?

Most recently I have taken up playing bridge, obsessed on it naturally, and became a competent player. So I can pretty much go to any city in the US and there will be an open game at least once a week I could go and play at. They will usually have someone extra looking for a partner. I really only did that once but that is because I don't travel anymore. But I was able to go into a room of complete strangers, sign up, the first part of the session is a discussion of what bidding system I use, then the play and discussion of the how certain hands could have been best played - all things to talk about that don't have to be so groping in the dark what to say. Natural talk about the shared interest. Mostly, I play online. Of course, at 55, I am usually the youngest in the room, but both my parents have left the planet so I like being around old people sometimes.

But I digress. It may not be easy but with practice you can learn to interact. I always had trouble holding up my end of a trite, inefficient conversation, but learned eventually that that is what NTs are comfortable with so I learned to play the part like an actor in a play.

good luck.

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2005, 7:04 pm

Finally, and Amen for you.

perhaps its just us Californians who have confidence.

ps NOT A DISORDER

fionaban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Dec 2005, 7:08 pm

I want 2 start my own hotel in DisneyWorld Orlando and if that isn't possable or i change my mind sart my own hotel somewhere else in the Word thats ether English or German Speaking

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so that whoever believes in him will not die but have everlasting life." John 3:16

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2005, 7:21 pm

I am trying to get out there and do things. I never really think of my self as a quiter. I have been wanting to get involved in some groups or some thing but have never known how to. I have been planning for some time now to go back to studying like I used to because back then I had a good base of friends or though I was still largly afraid of strangers.

I have moved town and since I have moved town I not gotten to know any body. I was thinking about maybe about starting to do some thing like rowing because that seems prdictable and mostly just requires alot of upperbody strength which I already have.

Im going to some free computer course on monday even though there is no chance at all that I will learn any thing new from it. But just to try and get my self out there to meet some differen't people. Not sure how this will go. But I am trying to find ways to fix this. Im not just sitting back and execpting my fate.

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

03 Dec 2005, 7:42 pm

All I want is happiness....prefereably with a girl along for the whole ride.

Kiss_my_AS
Toucan
Toucan

03 Dec 2005, 9:42 pm

- enhance my 'music-playing' skills
- becoming a doctor or if otherwise, a biologist, physicist or scientist
- to play football for as long as possible
- being able to fulfil my (reasonable) material wishes
- visiting other cultures (India, sub-Sahel Africa)
- Helping to improve educational theories when possible
- Helping out my family and friends whenever they need me.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2005, 9:45 pm

What I truly strive for.....

1. To love.....

2. To be loved.....

3. To learn....

4. To grow spiritually...

5. To teach others.....

6. Find beauty amid the ugliness in the world....

7. To not contribute to the ugliness that already exists....

8. To not lose hope....

9. To be genuine.....

10. To take care of mental and physical health....

And most importantly.....

11. To be satisfied with what I already have......

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2005, 10:35 pm

Dear fionaban;

I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Philippians 4:13

What strengthens you?

I believe that any body can use christ for strength, or their own version of christ. It could be something as basic as inner strength. It could be your syndrome. All you really need is to believe in something and draw from the strength from said belief.