Page 3 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ReGiFroFoLa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Dec 2008, 2:55 am

I don't hesitate to use this in written, because I do not really know what this word means. I do not use it verbally, though - because it sounds odd and it's like lying (since I do not know what this word means)

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2008, 7:59 am

yvonnecs wrote:

I also have a thing where some names are REALLY hard for me to say out loud. I have no idea why. Am I a freak alone or are you a freak too?

yeah, I'm like that. there is an up side to it though- if people are used to you not calling them by their names it makes a huge impact on them to finally hear it. I always leave it till I have something very important to say to them and that really gets their attention :wink:

I also don't like to be adressed by my name (I'm still wondering what the heck was I thinking when I put it up on my username ;p) so I guess that maybe I'm projecting that on other people a bit.

HowlingMad1992
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Dec 2008, 8:01 am

Do you?
I do. I also can't stand saying it. I feel wildly weird and uncomfortable when I do, or if I write Love, myname and then the other person doesn't sign off the same.

I also have a thing where some names are REALLY hard for me to say out loud. I have no idea why. Am I a freak alone or are you a freak too?

I do too. I just write my name.

ducasse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Dec 2008, 9:51 am

yvonnecs wrote:
Do you?
I do. I also can't stand saying it. I feel wildly weird and uncomfortable when I do, or if I write Love, myname and then the other person doesn't sign off the same.

I'm very like that. Whenever I'm passed a group birthday card to sign, for a friend, or at work, & everybody else has written jokey familiar stuff all over it, I kind of freeze up, & then end up writing: HAVE A NICE BIRTHDAY, or something equally dry.

If I ever have to call someone, & I think I can get away with it, I'll just shout 'HEY' & then point at the person I want when everyone looks around.

When to write 'love' on the end of an email is a big grey area, & I'll generally only do it if the other person has done it first. I can't remember ever saying it to a family member, we all get on well, but I think if I said it to my parents they'd assume I was high on drugs, or had just discovered I have only a week to live, or both.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2008, 9:55 am

And another thing I want to mention, if I get a card from someone who I don't know that well, and see that he or she (usually she) put "love" in the card, how real can it be? I can't stand anything phony.

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2008, 12:07 pm

I hate writing it and I hate saying it unless its to someone I actually love... I never put it "love" or kisses (X) in cards either unless, again, its to someone I actually do love.

EDIT: It feels awkward saying it to even my own mum, too... Although I had only a very little problem saying it to my ex-girlfriend... Weird...

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2008, 1:24 pm

lionesss wrote:
And another thing I want to mention, if I get a card from someone who I don't know that well, and see that he or she (usually she) put "love" in the card, how real can it be? I can't stand anything phony.

How do you know it's phony?
Why is it so hard to simply accept a kind statement rather than think of it as a lie?
:roll:

Puppet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Dec 2008, 1:27 pm

Yes, so I simply don't say it. I end letters with my first name.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2008, 5:14 pm

Usually I write "from" instead of "love" on letters, it seems better.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

ignisfatuus
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2008, 2:23 am

yvonnecs wrote:
Do you?

I never say it and I also rarely, if ever, use people's names, it feels strange.

Saerain
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Dec 2008, 2:41 am

I'd reserve love for my lover, yet I don't even sign anything addressed to her in such a manner, because it's too trite for a lover.

As such, I think I only sign 'love' when responding to something hostile. Now that's amusing.

To: Saerain
Subject: HAHHAaHA

lol freak!! ! i hop u dye ina fyre

To: darkmaster007
Subject: Re: HAHHAaHA

Dear Sir,

I thank you for your input. Your contribution will be logged for future reference.

Love,
Saerain

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 3:00 am

I just sign my name. No muss, no fuss. :P

On the broader topic of the word love, I hate telling people I "love" them. When I was a kid I used to say it all the time to my mom, for which I was teased about later. I don't think that factors in, I genuinely love my mom, everyone else saying crap about "love" isn't right, in my opinion anyway. People saying it offhand piss me off, as it puts pressure on me to say it back, which I don't believe is right. People truly expressing it, and expecting me to express it (close friends, or family that isn't immediate) is uncomfortable, and I won't say it, and will be silent, causing further awkwardness... Oh well.

On names, the only problem I've had with names is when someone has my name. :lol: I don't know why, but as a kid it used to really trip me out. I've a common name, but I've known very few people with the same name.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Dec 2008, 3:07 am

Totally agree. Love is a taboo word in my vocabular, spoken or written. Also the word romance or romantic. I also hate romantic movies, especial romantic comedies. allmost makes me puke.

Sea_of_Saiyan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2008, 4:05 am

I find it very awkward to sign a card with any sort of personal closing, much less "love,".

I usually just write a message and sign my name at the bottom, or write a phrase like "Thank you" followed by a comma.

turborocker5000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2008, 7:39 am

This is really wierd. I have always found it difficult to show affection and have felt strong adversion to it but never ever knew why... and with a dx of AS I do know why now.

I also hate writing love on cards... I feel very awkward.. and very fake because I don't know what love is.

I can't remember who said it... sorry I should've quoted befre writing a reply, but you said you even find it awkward saying to your mum that you love her, but you do love her... I feel exactly the same. I genuinly love my mother... the only person I really do love and I can tell it's love because I have a fear of her dying... but if I went up to her and said 'I love you, mum'...I feel eveything in my body tense up and I'm at unease. I can't explain... But I always thought it was just me being mean and nasty... but it's not... I realise now it's the AS which means I can't really express emotions well... if at all.

Charlie x

isnessofwhatis
Raven
Raven

13 Mar 2009, 11:46 pm

I rarely write Dear, or Love on cards. I VERY VERY VERY rarely say I love you to anyone. Instead of Love, at the end of cards I usually write Many Blessings.