is self-confidence and social skills Synonymous?

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 5:11 pm

millie wrote:
oh good, morgana. it is excellent, isn't it.
i have fond memories of you, nesh and others on our "females and AS: a different presentation" thread from last oct-nov.
we really got through a lot in the weeks it was running. :wink:

Yes, me too! That was an excellent thread. Very stimulating...I like those kinds, and I remember everyone wrote long and interesting posts. It was cool to read everybody´s stories. I feel like I learned more from that than all the AS books I´ve read, combined. (I guess also because not much is written yet about women. :wink: )

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 2:32 am

lightening020 wrote:
...what if you gained confidence, would that automatically boost your social skills? Or is it the same thing. IE you dont have social skills you wont have confidence.

Is it possible to to change your life around simpley by

staying in shape/working out habitually

eating right

positive lifestyle

I know that those generalized plans don't equal confidence and success literally, but I'm pretty sure its impossible to be doing those things if you did not have any confidence.

Maybe self confidence isn't synonymous with social skills,but it's definitely the case that you
have to be in the right 'frame of mind' for any skills to be effective.Self confidence is part of
it although having a positive attitude and being willing to see things from others point of view can be just as important.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 11:15 am

whitetiger wrote:
I know an extremely confident, gregarious aspie. He goes into bars, goes up to people, tells them random, loud things, hugs them, moves on to the next person and will keep doing this all night.

He has hardly an iota of social skills and yet he is so self-confident, you could never even tell him that.

I'm pretty much the same way.

Sid :O)