Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 3:24 pm

I don't drive because i get agressive quite a lot and secondly i don't hold a driving license anyway.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 3:31 pm

Non-driving ambition topic

Failed my in-car test twenty times due to sensory, tasking, and depth perception issues, and also understanding the rules of driving in real time. The written test is easy. I believe this is due to the disconnect between what I can theoretically learn on paper and how it is applied in practice, which affects all aspects of my life. No cure, no remedy. I have accepted this and moved on. 8)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 3:50 pm

I've never been in an accident, but I'm not really a huge fan of driving...it's okay late at night when there's nobody else on the roads, but otherwise I'll go well out of my way to avoid traffic (like I'll make sure I take a road where I can make right turns into busy streets instead of trying to turn left onto them without a stoplight).

ngonz wrote:
My son doesn't drive because he gets too stressed out---too much input, and he freaks out trying to keep track of all that is coming at him, and all that he needs to watch for. Driving is really a multitasking skill, and he has problems multitasking.

This is me exactly...I almost failed my driving test because I wasn't paying attention to road signs...the guy told me to turn left, and it was a fork-kind of thing...and I went in the "out" instead of the "in" :x That and I can't keep my eye on my speed and the road at the same time, so I'm always switching between one and the other and hoping nothing bad happens inbetween.

MmeLePen wrote:
...a GPS that tells me the speed limit...

That sounds pretty nice, I hate driving to new places because I never know what the speed limit is =/

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 4:40 pm

I haven't really driven for ten years, except perhaps once or twice a year. It took me forever to learn, and I had a couple of accidents when I was younger.