Page 229 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232 ... 291  Next

LizNY
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Dec 2012, 3:04 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
You might be an aspie if you'd rather look into the sun then look into people's eyes. 8)

You might be an aspie if you know 3 or more definitions of the word "pie".

You might be an aspie if you talk to air more than anyone else.

You might be an aspie if you know the exact specs of your computer.

You might be an aspie if you're reading this.

Sounds about right. Lol

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2012, 3:06 pm

Your desire to correct a factual error or someone's grammar or spelling is more important to you than having someone like you.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2012, 3:17 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
My favourite one was the one about looking at the sun. I mean, I really feel like peoples eyes burn into my brain. Some worse than others.

uh.. you might be an aspie if you would rather be with the cat than a person?

(sometimes true for me, but I don't know about other people.)

who wouldnt want to be with a cat instead of a person? the cat leaps on my lap and i'm in seventh heaven, but being around people makes me miserable and want to run away!

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Dec 2012, 8:32 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
You might be an Aspie if you listen to the same music over and over.

hahaha THIS!!
guilty as charged

Crownley
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Dec 2012, 7:44 pm

YMBAAI you take two days to figure out which image to use for a custom mousepad.

...I lied, the window is still open.

Davidlorenzo41
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2012, 12:01 am

elderwanda wrote:
You might be an aspie if

You think everything you do or think is a result of you being an aspie.

I'm guilty of this.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 12:03 am

You might be an Aspie if you've ever used AS as an excuse for behaving like a total jerk.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Davidlorenzo41
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2012, 12:06 am

Phoenixx77 wrote:
YMBAAI...

You come to realize over time that having a messy house or appearance is an unconscious excuse to keep people away.

:lol:

So true!

Davidlorenzo41
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2012, 12:12 am

Phoenixx77 wrote:
YMBAAI...

Your parents loved you because all they had to do to get rid of you was get you some books. They hated this when they tried to ground you.

My parents tell me that one time they took all my toys away and shut me in my room with nothing but my bed and a box of Kleenex. They came back later and found me hanging on to the side of the bed with Kleenex strewn all over the place, playing garbage man. (Garbage trucks were one of my obsessions.)

Even before knowing about AS, I've often noted that my parents never grounded me and joked that this was because they knew that grounding wouldn't have been a punishment for me. (Not that they didn't find other forms of punishment)

Davidlorenzo41
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2012, 12:17 am

Phoenixx77 wrote:
YMBAAI...

You have driven family members nuts by repeating TV or movie lines over and over. Two that come to mind are Tales from the Darkside; “Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit. A Darkside...” or, from Alien, “I admire its purity. A survivor. Unencumbered by conscious, remorse, or delusions of morality.” Drove my sister crazy!

You had read the entire bible 6 times by the time you were 9.

Repeating movie lines and driving my family crazy--I still do that.

The Bible one is pretty close to home too, but that may be because I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses more than because I'm an Aspie.

Davidlorenzo41
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2012, 12:23 am

DeaconBlues wrote:
01stanbk wrote:
...you don't get the slitest bit bord by reading the same book over and over and everyone thinks your mad becouse its the dictionary.

Have you ever traced back the etymology of a word as far as you could, by looking up the root words as well until you'd gone as far as that dictionary would go? It's really quite fascinating...

I've been obsessed with etymologies ever since I took a history of English course in college (more than a decade ago). My grandmother and my aunt saw that I was fascinated by their American Heritage dictionary that had not only Indo-European roots in an appendix but also Semitic roots. They gave me one just like it for a gift, and that's probably one of the best gifts I've ever received. I guess you don't get more Aspie than that.

BTW...You're probably an Aspie if you knew what I was talking about when I mentioned Indo-European and Semitic roots.

Davidlorenzo41
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2012, 12:26 am

kingtut3 wrote:
You facebook a girl in whom you are interested and constantly look at her profile.

I joined Facebook after I was already married, but if I'd been single and on Facebook that sounds like something I would have done.

Davidlorenzo41
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2012, 12:36 am

superboyian wrote:
You might be an aspie if you talk to a wall :lol:

When I was in middle school, the school mascot was cougars, and there were several cougars painted on the wall, floor, and other places in the gym. I actually gave them names, made up conflicts that were going on among them, and talked to them. Needless to say, my teachers were very concerned and called my parents.

Davidlorenzo41
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2012, 1:14 am

Robert312 wrote:
You hate it when someone ask what you are thinking because you usually don't have an answer even though you were thinking. And you don't want to tell them what you were thinking about. And sometimes you can't really say.

So true! I HATE it when people ask me what I'm thinking about but am always afraid it would be rude to say so. It feels like an invasion of my privacy. If I want to say what's on my mind, I'll bring it up. Otherwise, I wish people would let me live in my own world in peace. Most of the time what I'm thinking would either be way over the person's head or would be too embarrassing to admit to anyone else. Does anyone else hate that question as much as I do?

Davidlorenzo41
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2012, 1:56 am

Shamelessbookworm wrote:
YMBAA if:

...Can't get through a show/movie without going to look up the actor that you know, but aren't sure from where, which will lead to you looking up every actor in the show/movie before the film is over.

Got me pegged on that one.

Davidlorenzo41
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Dec 2012, 9:48 am

felinesaresuperior wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
My favourite one was the one about looking at the sun. I mean, I really feel like peoples eyes burn into my brain. Some worse than others.

uh.. you might be an aspie if you would rather be with the cat than a person?

(sometimes true for me, but I don't know about other people.)

who wouldn't want to be with a cat instead of a person? the cat leaps on my lap and i'm in seventh heaven, but being around people makes me miserable and want to run away!

I'd prefer the company of a cat any day. My wife jokes that I pay more attention to our cat than to her. (Even though I do give her lots of attention)