Fictional Characters With Undiagnosed Aspergers or Autism

Page 25 of 60 [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 60  Next

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 1:09 am

Just getting to think again, probably mentioned before. Haruhi Suzumiya and Yuki Nagato?

Haruhi is often associated with Asperger's, but it seems more like ADHD mixes with that. Just AS alone... would more likely seem like Yuki.

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 6:50 am

Just watched Monty Python And The Holy Grail - I felt as if I was in Aspieland. Especially The First Swallow-Savvy Guard, he's an Aspie if I ever saw one.

wblastyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 7:42 am

Spergling wrote:
KholefiMustafa wrote:
sory for the multiple posts....i was joking obviously jesus is not a fictional character

thats good for a second there i thought you were an evilutionist. but he was def auty though

That's debatable.

Please stop misspelling evolution as evilution. It's not clever or funny.

DeadpanDan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2010, 7:59 am

There's a girl with an ASD in the movie Trick 'r Treat. She lectures about Halloween to a dumbfounded kid. :)

roseblood
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2010, 9:34 am

Severus has got me thinking about other sitcoms I've watched and I have to suggest Alice Tinker from The Vicar of Dibley. I know she is supposed to just be of low intelligence and child-like and not like a real person at all probably, but at least some of the ways in which she's portrayed as those things are very ASD-like when you analyse them. Epitomised by the joke segment at the end of every episode. The second one here is my favourite, the occasional smart thing they give her to say is also very ASD-like, and I always related to the way she could seem so stupid but at times baffle people by sounding so smart. :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLiT8e2mkME[/youtube]

skogkatta
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Oct 2010, 11:37 am

Lucius Hunt and Noah Percy , characters in "The Village" ( I love that movie.....)
The characters in Big Bang Theory, except for Penny
Luna Lovegood in Harry Potter
Sorry if this has already been posted :oops:

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 4:13 pm

skogkatta wrote:

Well as for The Big bang Theory, we have also Mary Cooper, Mr. and Mrs. Coothrapali, and perhaps several others which I'd say are neurotypical.
I've been thinking about Luna Lovegood, but I'd rather say she is SchPD. For all it's worth, Snape is quite surely an Aspie and Percy and Hermione might have a more than a couple of Aspie traits.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 4:53 pm

Severus wrote:
skogkatta wrote:

Well as for The Big bang Theory, we have also Mary Cooper, Mr. and Mrs. Coothrapali, and perhaps several others which I'd say are neurotypical.
I've been thinking about Luna Lovegood, but I'd rather say she is SchPD. For all it's worth, Snape is quite surely an Aspie and Percy and Hermione might have a more than a couple of Aspie traits.

I absolutely have Leonard's mother pegged for an Aspie.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 5:14 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I absolutely have Leonard's mother pegged for an Aspie.

I think she was originally intended to be an Aspie, but since the producers seem to deny Sheldon's being an Aspie, I'd say she was written to be the female analogue of Sheldon. Not that I don't like Amy Farrah Fowler, but she pales in comparison to Leonard's mum :lol:

truthseeker1972
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Oct 2010, 1:03 pm

There is an episode in the fifth season of the 1990s t.v. show Northern Exposure that features a character who definitely has Aspergers.

The name of the episode is called "A Bolt of Blue." In this episode, Joel talks to a park ranger who won't leave his observation station that he's been at for fifteen years. The ranger seems very book smart, but says he doesn't want to leave his station and go out into the world because "people just don't like me." I won't say much more other than to say that it is worth checking out (the fifth season is on Netflix).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 5:29 pm

truthseeker1972 wrote:
There is an episode in the fifth season of the 1990s t.v. show Northern Exposure that features a character who definitely has Aspergers.

The name of the episode is called "A Bolt of Blue." In this episode, Joel talks to a park ranger who won't leave his observation station that he's been at for fifteen years. The ranger seems very book smart, but says he doesn't want to leave his station and go out into the world because "people just don't like me." I won't say much more other than to say that it is worth checking out (the fifth season is on Netflix).

I remember that episode very well. :D And I couldn't agree more.

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 9:59 pm

I've been described as being like Napoleon Dynamite.
I'd also definitely have to say Christian Slater's character Mark from Pump Up The Volume. I really love that movie. It seems like... that guy is me. One of my good friends also said that the character was 'just like me.'

catfish
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Nov 2010, 10:28 pm

Celebrimbor, from JRR Tolkien's Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales. A brilliant craftsman, but rather less brilliant with people. He made the three elven rings after mistaking Sauron for a true maia (basically an angel). Now granted, he was far from the only one Sauron fooled, but he worked closely with him for several hundred years. Once he realized he was betrayed he fought against Sauron, eventually dying in his dungeons refusing to reveal what he'd done with the Three. In addition he loved someone who didn't love him (Galadriel) and didn't go off and find himself someone else. Tolkien describes him as having an "almost dwarvish" obsession with crafts. The information is a bit scant and self-contradictory, but Asperger's would certainly fit. When I wrote him (I write fanfiction) he came out Asperger's before I knew really what Asperger's was and without any intention from me.

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 4:09 am

skogkatta wrote:
Lucius Hunt and Noah Percy , characters in "The Village" ( I love that movie.....)

I don't think Raj, Howard and Leonard have it.

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 5:17 pm

Hmmm, Raj and Howard are socially awkward enough, I think.
Though, come to think about it, it is Raj that tends to blurt out uncomfortable truths and has terrible taste for clothes (not that Howard's polo necks and odd belt buckles might pass for normal dress accessories, actually). There's also some distinct non-conformity with gender in Raj as well.
When it comes to Leonard though - well, he has been raised by Dr. Beverly Hofstadter, which is enough to damage a person for life, I think. I'd say Leonard's behaviour is more of the learned type, first it was his mother and (probably) his father, then seven years with Sheldon - it's a miracle he's that normal. In any case he searches and enjoys human relationships more than the others.

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 6:38 pm

That hikikomori on Rozen Maiden might be a demeaning form of an Aspie, along with a myriad of other hikikomoris in anime...