Page 242 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245 ... 291  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 10:32 am

You promised your cousin you will attend to her 21st birthday party at the bar tonight, and all day you've been trying so hard not to give in to the ''I just wanna stay at home tonight'' thoughts, and the nearer to the time it's getting, the more harder you've got to work at ignoring those thoughts. :)

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 1:59 pm

You might be an aspie, if you ponder about your emotions for almost one hour and still have no result.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 2:39 pm

You might be an Aspie if you think NTs take pride in bullying you.

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 4:02 pm

You might be an aspie, if you just said "space" (or another word of your choice) in front of your PC just because you felt like doing it and you really like the word.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 7:16 pm

You might be an Aspie if you're the only person you know who is good at {insert here}.

camday
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 May 2014, 11:51 pm

If you've ever purposefully not done homework because the punishment was sitting at a lunch table by yourself reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea but done the same assignment for 75% of the class!
I have been THAT aspie!

mrspotatohead
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 May 2014, 3:38 am

...when the cotton sheet MUST be folded over the comforter in such a way that your arms from the elbow up won't end up touching the comforter material, or else you won't be able to sleep. You wish someone would invent a sheet that snaps to the comforter when folded over the top so it would stop getting dislodged from that position while you sleep.
...when you've been waiting for warm weather to come because you hate the cold, but then you realize that means you won't be able to sleep with your comforter anymore.
...you wish you had more money so you could afford to go to that one boutique where that lady picked out clothes for you to try on so you won't have to ever actually SHOP for clothes anymore.
...you sing to your pet all the time and have set phrases you repeat to him that don't actually mean anything. It totally catches you off guard when someone responds to something you've said to your pet since you are usually doing it semi-unconsciously.
...you also have set phrases that you say to your husband and even pretend arguments.
...you greet your pet when you walk in the door way more regularly than you greet your husband.

Niche99
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 May 2014, 3:49 am

you might be an aspie....
If you heard the word 'pie' and instantly think 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307...etc
instead of thinking food

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2014, 7:52 am

You could be an Aspie if you spend every waking hour, thinking about, reading about, researching and making notes about and even use a lot of your employer's time and computers researching your Special Interest in elevators, Astronomy or My Little Pony... and when your employer or other people try to reprimand or complain about the time you spend researching your Special Interest, you respond by entering into a HUGE monologue on the different brands and models of elevators that exist or the different models of Canon cameras or the life and times of J T Walsh and the films he starred in.

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 8:16 am

....when watching Diary Of A Wimpy Kid, you realised that you acted similar to Rowley or Fregley when you was that age.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 8:30 am

Joe90 wrote:
You promised your cousin you will attend to her 21st birthday party at the bar tonight, and all day you've been trying so hard not to give in to the ''I just wanna stay at home tonight'' thoughts, and the nearer to the time it's getting, the more harder you've got to work at ignoring those thoughts. :)

Yeah, I hate this, except I'll constantly try to think of ways and excuses of getting out of going. I've even considered having "an accident" as a good excuse and better alternative to going to some social functions. When I was younger, I would start to feel almost panicky just before going to some occasions. Now, I'm older, I just don't go.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

huntedman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2014, 8:56 am

Sylvastor wrote:
You might be an aspie, if you just said "space" (or another word of your choice) in front of your PC just because you felt like doing it and you really like the word.

"femtosecond" it makes me smile and chuckle every time

Awake
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2014, 9:54 am

When the phone rings you say "Oh Hell No" because you know whoever it is wants to blab in your ear about fliff-fluff. Eventually they stop calling, which makes you 95% happy and 5% sad, because you know you're going to die alone if you keep doing this.

But you're lonely at the same time, and the people you actually want to talk to would never call.

You run and hide when you hear the mail truck approaching so you don't have to interact with the mailman.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 11:41 am

You are being intimate during the time a quiz show is on tv and you yell out an answer that relates to your special interest in the middle of being intimate, and you give a more technical answer than the quiz show asked for.

:oops: this actually happened to me :oops:

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 12:01 pm

You might be an Aspie if you don't know what it's like to be intimate

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 12:09 pm

Awake wrote:
When the phone rings you say "Oh Hell No" because you know whoever it is wants to blab in your ear about fliff-fluff. Eventually they stop calling, which makes you 95% happy and 5% sad, because you know you're going to die alone if you keep doing this.

:lol:
Quote:
You run and hide when you hear the mail truck approaching so you don't have to interact with the mailman.

so true. And also if you run if you see any acquaintance before they see you because you don't want to interact.
if they saw you first... Damn it. My advice: don't run :lol:

you might be an aspie if when someone invites you to do something you start thinking of your excuse for that day right away.