Page 245 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248 ... 291  Next

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 12:28 pm

If you tend to be in some other world i.e. dream-like state.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2015, 4:28 am

Uncle wrote:
1).When someone knocks at the door and you freeze in fear hoping they cant hear you, and stay motionless in case you cast a shadow across the door well, and just hope they go away.. Then feel bad, because you wander who it was!

2)You get so engrossed on a subject thinking that only an hour has gone by and its 6.30 am in the morning and the birds have started tweeting!

3) You laugh at someones comment only to be told they were being serious.

5) Again when in a que or people close by have their clothes tag hanging out, you just want to tuck it back in or rip it off, but have to use all the will power to not do it, but then the bloody tag is on your mind till they go away! Then you wander if they realized it was out and tucked it back in!

7) When you get ready to go out then when you reach the door the fear suddenly hits you

8 ) When (if) you get a phone call to go round to a pot luck, and your first thought is 40 people in the same room all giving off different energies and an intense feel of panic/anxiety/fear... so decide to stay in and study minerals!

11) When you have had the same cd playing in the car player for 8+months.

13) When in a large group of people you suddenly freeze, cant say a word, sweat, tremble, and want to get the hell out of there but you cant as you cant move..

15) When people ask if you are stoned all the time because of the glazed eyes and you a certainly not.

16) When you talk about an interest and within 20 seconds you have hypnotized them or they drift off or they turn away..

17) when sitting on a park bench and someone sits next to you, you freeze wandering if you should say something, then (b.)spend the entire time wandering how to deal with the situation and hope they will leave soon...

18) When sitting on a park bench and someone sits next to you and starts talking to you... Consult 17 (b.)

19) When someone asks , ""How you are doing?"", and you tell them the truth!

20)
Empathy wrote:
I don't like the front door ringing if I don't know who it is, play the same cd for months on end and well, most of these. :roll: I think some non typical gender types switch between male and female qualities, in relation to Aspie traits.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2015, 4:37 am

If you try to make friends by giving people long boring speeches about your special interests, and the other person quickly gets bored and walks away.

LivingInParentheses
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2015, 6:52 am

If you're told that the holiday meal will be at your house this year and you spend more time planning your excuses and escape routes than making a list of what you want for Christmas.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2015, 9:36 am

You dislike small children because of their energy, nonsense and noise. But you love watching films with small children in.

You love watching preschool programs on YouTube.

Three days a week of work is still stressful for you.

You're the only one out of your NT peers who chooses to work part time.

You're dating a man 20+ years older than you because you like 70s music and having cosy nights in at weekends because you get tired.

Everyone at work are excited about a work colleague's wedding and most of them are going, but you don't understand how they can be so excited about something that's so daunting to you.

You spend most of your free time napping, whilst having Creepypasta stories playing on YouTube. It's just a way of relaxing to you.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2015, 9:41 am

When you are 20 but feel 60.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2015, 11:10 am

When you are 15 and feel 60!

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2015, 11:36 am

If you make unusual mannerisms during conversations whereby the other person(s) looks at you oddly.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2015, 12:26 pm

If you have a flat voice.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2015, 3:30 pm

If you're asked to read aloud a bar joke in a group and, with a straight face, conclude with "I don't get it."

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2015, 3:46 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
If you think that cats are Aspergian.

Cats are *totally* Aspies. Dogs are ADHD.

ohhh.....

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2015, 7:13 pm

Have you ever noticed how different cats and dogs actually are? Dogs are usually 'BARK! BARK! BARK! Oh, what's this thing?! I'm going to sniff it and bark at it!' whereas cats are usually 'Hmm...this seems interesting. I'm going to sniff it and then lie in the sun on a blanket.'

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2015, 6:51 am

You listen to the same song for hours.

LivingInParentheses
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2015, 7:33 am

If you get angry at memes because of the inevitable intentional typo.

(it IS intentional, you know. We learned to do that in psychology of advertising class back in 99-00 when I got my first degree. If you include a typo/grammatical error people will do a double take, look at the ad/meme/whatever longer, take in more of it, and be more compelled to comment on it and sometimes even click it and/or share it just to complain about it. It's 100% on purpose. And that makes me so angry!)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2015, 7:54 am

LivingInParentheses wrote:
If you get angry at memes because of the inevitable intentional typo.

(it IS intentional, you know. We learned to do that in psychology of advertising class back in 99-00 when I got my first degree. If you include a typo/grammatical error people will do a double take, look at the ad/meme/whatever longer, take in more of it, and be more compelled to comment on it and sometimes even click it and/or share it just to complain about it. It's 100% on purpose. And that makes me so angry!)

Really!?

Never knew about that. Have never even seen a typo in an ad (in a printed magazine, nor online).

LivingInParentheses
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2015, 7:58 am

Yep, this was explained not in relation to print advertising of course, which thankfully seems ot have better morals or whatever than online advertising. This was when I was getting my degree in web design back then. It was in the context of making webpages that contain advertisements which you want to make appealing to people so they will click on them and complete the up-sell. Definitely were 100% told to include a typo or grammatical error, whether using "your" instead of "you're" or putting in a random start quote mark without an ending one or whatever. This was straight-up meant for online entrepreneurial type advertising though.