Page 250 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253 ... 291  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2015, 2:32 pm

Aimee529 wrote:
Sean wrote:
....In Sunda School, you find the representations of the ark as a boat, with a keel and all, very irritating, when the Bible clearly describes the ark as a big rectangular box

I love this one ^

How about...you might be an Aspie if you were so disturbed by the Sunday School representions of the ark as a boat with a keel and all, and Joseph's coat as having "many colors" when the Bible just says it was richly ornamented.....that you decided to learn Hebrew because the English translations weren't accurate enough for your taste!

Someone on another aspie site mentioned that too. That Noah's ark looks wrong in children's books.

Funny thing is that American Fundies adhere to the childrens' book image of it with more faith than they do to the scriptural description. The result is that the "see" Noah's ark in a satellite picture of ice pulling apart on a glacier on the shoulder of Mt. Ararat because there is vaginal shape that looks like a boat in the middle of the parting ice. Trouble is the ice anomaly is shaped like streamlined kayak, or an Iowa class battleship, which are both designed to be pushed through the water at high speed. The real ark was designed to pacifly float without either sails, nor with an engine room, to push it. If the ark were both real, and really looked as the Bible described it it would be a big fat rectangle not even recognizable as being "boat shaped" from a above.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2015, 5:49 pm

If you just can't understand why skin colour should determine how you treat someone.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2015, 5:54 pm

Thank you, Noca! I've been saying that for years now! :D :D

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Aimee529
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Oct 2015, 7:34 pm

Noca wrote:
If you just can't understand why skin colour should determine how you treat someone.

My kids are both on the spectrum as well, and they refuse to describe people as being black or white. They are brown or peach! They (me too) are also equally incensed when people are unkind to someone simply because they look different!

Also, you might be an Aspie if you get REALLY confused by gender!! !! ! It took me years to be able to remember if I was a girl or a boy, and it took my daughter years to remember which one of her parents was "mom" and which one was "dad." And really....who is a girl and who is a boy?!? I still sometimes have trouble with that one...

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2015, 10:30 pm

if you really don't like to be touched, unless you intiate it

GodzillaWoman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 1:46 am

...you shake your hands in a public restroom because you can't stand the sound of the hand dryer.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 8:35 am

If you are overly cautious but don't consider yourself to be germaphobic.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

LivingInParentheses
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 8:52 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
If you are overly cautious but don't consider yourself to be germaphobic.

... which is why I flush public toilets with my foot, yet open the doors with my hands. :lol:

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 8:56 am

If you use your feet in ways that other people don't [like picking up things, turning switches or pushing buttons, ectc].

LivingInParentheses
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 9:00 am

... if you first learned how to read and pronounce "Hercules" before "tentacles" and way before "testicles", so every time you read those last two, you say them in your head as rhyming words to Hercules. (or maybe that's just me. :lol: )

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 9:02 am

8O :skull: Argh! No! Not good...
If you get disgusted by any mention of sex or yucky stuff.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 9:09 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
If you use your feet in ways that other people don't [like picking up things, turning switches or pushing buttons, ectc].

You do this too? I pick up things with my feet all the time.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 9:18 am

When I was little, my mum used to tease me and call me 'monkey feet'. :)
If you hardly talk at all but talk so fast when you want to talk about the things you like that you stumble over words. Or if you have a soft, drawling voice and a weird speech pattern like me.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 1:44 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
When I was little, my mum used to tease me and call me 'monkey feet'. :)

Uhhh...That's actually become verb in our family! As in, "Hey, can you monkey foot that to me?" meaning, "grab that thing on the ground with your foot and give it to me". Somewhere in our photo archives there just *might* be a picture of me in our first tiny studio apartment enjoying a glass of wine...that I was holding with my foot. I guess you *can* go past ambidextrous..."omnidextrous", maybe? Omegadextrous!

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 1:51 pm

If you can listen to your favourite song for hours.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 1:54 pm

If you get the same joy from watching a favorite movie or favorite episode of a series for the umpteenth time

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765