Set of scientific tests related to Autism Spectrum Disorders

Page 26 of 51 [ 801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 51  Next

industrialx
Raven
Raven

22 Oct 2011, 9:38 am

My results:
BAPQ http://www.okcupid.com/quizzy/results?quizzyid=15930189392606178495&userid=0
AQ: 36
HSP: 22.

tentoedsloth
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Oct 2011, 12:28 pm

Most of my results on the tests I took were on the edge of Asperger's, slightly over or under. On the one that gives an A (?) and NT score, when I did it again and left out all the questions I didn't really know the answer to, I got very likely A. (Reading from my scribbled notes.) Could the mostly un-spectacular results be because I'm a woman, and have lived with myself and other people for 57 years?

The only thing clear was the EQ/SQ test. To my astonishment, I am "extreme systematizing." I got that yesterday and tried again today, even trying to err on the side of the empathy when unsure, and still got that result. But I'm kind! When I see that somebody needs a door held or is about to drop something, I rush up and help! When I'm in a front seat in the bus and see that someone handicapped is about to get on, I quickly go to the back and get another seat before they even realize someone had to get up, ON PURPOSE to save them embarrassment. How can this test be right? My empathy score, just by itself, was WAY lower than the average woman's.

True, I don't understand why other people act the way they do, why they get so steamed up over nothing (to me). That must be part of what they're calling empathy, knowing how other people think, but is it? And I sometimes dash all over a store (very fast walker) nearly running into people, or leave my cart blocking the aisle, but I try to remember to not do those things as soon as I notice I'm doing them; I suppose I'm focused on what I'm doing instead of where other people are.

Has anyone else taken this test and thought that it didn't decribe them well?

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 8:20 am

My results:

*The Broad Autism Phenotype Questionaire (BAPQ): 104 aloof, 104 rigid, 118 pragmatic- "Clearly, you are either autistic or on the broader autistic phenotype. You probably are not very social, and when you do interact with others, you come off as strange or rude without meaning to. You probably also like things to be familiar and predictable and don't like changes, especially unexpected ones."
-104% aloof=47% higher than peers
-104% rigid=66% higher than peers
-118% pragmatic=19%higher than peers
(6% on diagnosis=58% higher than peers)

*The Autism Spectrum Quotinent Test (AQ): 36

*The Empathizing Quotinent and Systemizing Test (EQ-SQ): EQ- 22, SQ- 62= Extreme Systemizer

*Emotional Intelligent Quotinent (EIQ): 50/100 (find problems understanding people, need to work on social cues etc.)

*The Highly Sensitive Person (HSP): answered 22 of the questions

*Understanding Facial Expression test: 25/30 (an atypical score)

*Aspie Quiz: aspie score- 132 out of 200, neurotypical score- 61 out of 200- "You are likely an Aspie."

Is it likely that I'm on the spectrum :?: ...ideas please!

Last edited by KnarlyDUDE09 on 25 Oct 2011, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shishka
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Oct 2011, 7:09 am

I didn't do all of them but:

BAPQ: BAP/Autistic
AQ: 37
EQ/SQ: Extreme systemising
Reading the mind in the eyes: 31

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 7:53 pm

Took the tests again!...these are my results:

*BAP Test = Autistic/BAP - 119 aloof (higher than 78% of peers), 112 rigid (higher than 79% of peers), 110 pragmatic (higher than 85% of peers) + scored 6% on diagnosis, higher than 58% of your peers.

-You scored above the cutoff on all three scales. Clearly, you are either autistic or on the broader autistic phenotype. You probably are not very social, and when you do interact with others, you come off as strange or rude without meaning to. You probably also like things to be familiar and predictable and don't like changes, especially unexpected ones.

*AQ Test = 38

*EQ-SQ = EQ 28 (average 48.0->Empathizer), SQ 65 (average 51.7->Empathizer)

-Generally, the higher the score the greater your natural ability for that trait. However, the EQ test has 40 questions compared to 75 in the SQ test. As a result, although the unprocessed quotients may be used for comparing each trait ability between individuals, the absolute scores do not tell an individual if he or she has a greater tendency to empathize or systemize. A calculation taking into account the quantity of questions in each test is used to determine a person's brain type.

-The important factor to consider is not your absolute score, but the difference between the two. This indicates whether you have more natural ability as an Empathizer or a Systemizer. If your scores are about the same for your EQ and SQ, then you have well balanced empathizing-systemizing capabilities.

Extreme Systemizer->0% of Females are this

*EIQ Test = (yet to be undertaken)

*HSP Test = 22

-If you answered more than fourteen of the questions as true of yourself, you are probably highly sensitive. But no psychological test is so accurate that an individual should base his or her life on it. We psychologists try to develop good questions, then decide on the cut off based on the average response. If fewer questions are true of you, but extremely true, that might also justify calling you highly sensitive.

*Understanding Facial Expression Test = 27

-A typical score is in the range 22-30. If you scored over 30,
you are very accurate at decoding a person's facial expressions
around their eyes. A score under 22 indicates you find this quite difficult.

*Face blindness Test = 28/30 -> If we exclude the ones you were unfamiliar with, you got 100% correct.

-On our previous version of this test, the average person with normal face recognition was able to recognize about 85% of the faces they were familiar with. If you missed more than half of the faces you were familiar with, this may indicate face recognition difficulties.

*Aspie Quiz = Aspie Score->136 out of 200, Neurotypical Score->75 out of 200

- You are very likely an aspie.

WinterMagnolia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2011, 3:16 am

the last one with the eyes was funny because most of those were simply being good at multiple choice: breaking down the answers into which 2 they are NOT and then picking the most plausible of the 2 that are left.
gotta love multiple choice 8) ;) :D

"There are days when solitude is a heady wine that intoxicates you with freedom, others when it is a bitter tonic, and still others when it is a poison that makes you beat your head against the wall."? Colette

Shishka
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Oct 2011, 6:12 am

WinterMagnolia wrote:
the last one with the eyes was funny because most of those were simply being good at multiple choice: breaking down the answers into which 2 they are NOT and then picking the most plausible of the 2 that are left.
gotta love multiple choice 8) ;) :D

haha yeah, I doubt I would have done nearly as well if someone just asked me "what is this person feeling?"

Richax
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Oct 2011, 11:01 pm

I found them all rather patronizing. Completed them all anyway and all of them said im on the neurotypical side of things even though i have a diagnosis of autism! doesn't make sence&i didn't think about the fact it was multiple choice questions i actaully answered them in all honesty, So god knows :lol:

AdamDZ
Toucan
Toucan

29 Oct 2011, 5:15 pm

The "Broad Autism Phenotype Questionnaire" (http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-broad- ... otype-test) will trick into signing up for a dating site, that's basically what http://www.okcupid.com/ is. And you'll start getting emails from them right away :( I see no easy way to close your account either.

shilohmm
Raven
Raven

31 Oct 2011, 10:04 am

WinterMagnolia wrote:

Yeah, I laughed when they said "many people are surprised at how well they do" (paraphrase), because a lot of times I'd look at the eyes then look at my options and think "Those are my choices?" because my first impression was nowhere near any of the categories. :roll:

AdamDZ wrote:
And you'll start getting emails from them right away :( I see no easy way to close your account either.

I think the first time I signed up there I set it so their e-mails go instantly into the spam file. So far nothing's shown for me on this recent revisit.

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 10:30 am

I took the EQ and SQ test, and surprisingly got 11 and 91. I thought I was going to be a more balanced person. Extreme systemizer. huh. Except how does that mesh with loving to draw and paint.
Maybe that is why I have a hard time with people.

DoodleDoo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2011, 9:02 am

Is there any version of The Aspie Quiz in Chinese?

Isaaccte
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Nov 2011, 7:02 pm

AQ- 42

BAP-
Autistic/BAP
You scored 100 aloof, 96 rigid and 118 pragmatic
You scored above the cutoff on all three scales. Clearly, you are either autistic or on the broader autistic phenotype. You probably are not very social, and when you do interact with others, you come off as strange or rude without meaning to. You probably also like things to be familiar and predictable and don't like changes, especially unexpected ones.

HSP test- 18 true.

Test the Mind in the Eye- 21, though that should be lower. Some of the 'correct answers' I just guessed because I had no clue and needed to fill in something.

Ketutar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Nov 2011, 3:42 am

earthmom wrote:
Yikes - it says 0% of females have the systemizing score that I got :o

Come on now - females, go take the test!

http://eqsq.com/eq-sq-tests/

I'm a female, and artistic one at that

EQ 23 / SQ 109 :-D

Not many aspie females in the control groups, huh?

Ketutar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Nov 2011, 4:38 am

Autistic/BAP

You scored 119 aloof, 84 rigid and 82 pragmatic

Autism-Spectrum Quotient test score:35
(Eighty percent of those diagnosed with autism or a related disorder scored 32 or higher.)

Highly Sensitive: 19
(>14 = probably highly sensitive)

Oh, hate the eye test! None of the suggested answers fit to what I read in the eyes! :-D
It was like - I looked at the eyes and thought "tired... a little sad too", "flirtatious, without a doubt" and then there were nothing that was even close to that! On the contrary, often the suggestions made me gasp so opposite they were to what I was reading! Most of the questions were "am I supposed to guess what these people are NOT feeling?" I actually went up to re-read the instructions...

I optioned to not answer at all, if my idea differed from the suggested ones, so I got score 13. "A typical score is 22-30"
When guessing, taking one that might be the closest, I got 20.
Didn't see how well I'd do if I had analyzed the options, but probably better.

Then I started wondering how they have actually made this test... I mean, did they tell someone to look "friendly", but the person was feeling really irritated by the fact, or was worrying about something else... who has checked this test, someone who really can read the micro signs, or someone who believes to be good at it?

I have actually a theory on that I - and other Aspies - are actually BETTER in reading people, BUT as people don't want to be read, they get upset and start yelling when they realize they are an open book, and as Aspies tend to be "good", and obedient and listen to what is being said, we accept these people's words about themselves, and then believe to have been wrong... and because our conception of the reality and other people's interpretation of the reality are so different, we give up and don't even bother.

The thing is that you CAN*T know what people WANT to happen in social situations... Not even NTs guess right, not even especially often. Most NTs aren't actually very good at knowing that different people ARE different, that the Golden Rule is pure crap that doesn't work, because some people... well... like purple and others hate it.
I'm convinced this "yes, you're right" is just a game everyone plays for peace's sake.
They say people lie several times a minute, throughout their awaken time, most of them "white", told because the liar believes the truth would be hurtful or harmful or cause other unwanted consequences...
I remember this married couple, which shared breakfast rolls, and the wife got the upper half and the husband the lower half (or the other way around) until one day one of them said he/she would like to even once in his/her lifetime get the other half, and it turned out they actually preferred the half they had been giving to the other spouse, believing he/she preferred it too...

Yeah, I'm ranting and I'm sorry I'm ranting, but I'm so tired of being accused of things just because everyone else is playing the idiotic game and I'm not, so I'll be sacrificed to save someone's face and the peace of mind of the majority.

Az29
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Nov 2011, 5:44 am

BAPQ
Autistic/BAP
You scored 124 aloof, 87 rigid and 105 pragmatic
You scored above the cutoff on all three scales. Clearly, you are either autistic or on the broader autistic phenotype. You probably are not very social, and when you do interact with others, you come off as strange or rude without meaning to. You probably also like things to be familiar and predictable and don't like changes, especially unexpected ones.

I find the questions incredibly difficult to answer because alot of it depends on the situation and some of them are not applicable at all like no.20 'When I make conversation with casual acquaintances it is just to be polite' how do you answer that when you don't actually make conversation with people? So I had to imagine what I would do if put into that situation, if I HAD to make conversation then yes it would be to be polite but if I could get away with it I wouldn't speak at all. Or another example no.21 'I look forward to trying new things'...such as? if it means a new video game then yes definitely, new food? hmmm maybe, new nightclub? No. Number 26. 'I act very set in my ways'...do I though? Maybe I do, I don't know, what is normal to me and me being me might be interpreted as being set in my ways by someone else. There really needs to be an I don't know / unsure option on that test.

AQ
Score: 32

Same thing again, it's subjective for example no.7 'Other people frequently tell me that what I've said is impolite, even though I think it is polite' I don't really interact with people so this doesn't come up and I don't think most people are rude enough to openly say your impolite to your face, they'd probably just glare at you, think you were an idiot and avoid you in future. I imagine they would only say something if what you were saying was horrendously inappropriate or offensive. Another example no.12 'I tend to notice details that others do not.' yet again how would you know that, I mean do people openly say 'oh did you just notice X Y Z?' Maybe they do but I certainly don't, if I notice things I just think about them I don't turn to the person next to me and say 'hey did you just notice that'. And no.13 'I would rather go to a library than to a party.' My true anwer is neither, if I want a book I order it online, I hate parties, libraries I don't like going to because there are too many people, the books are always gross (sticky, dirty, scruffy) and it really really annoys me when the books are splayed about how there never seems to be any order, why can they not put the books into alphabetical order. I once took my daughter to the local library, the kids section made me feel edgy, books all over the floor, some sticking halfway off the shelves, upside down, in the wrong place etc. So library and parties are no go areas for me so again a 'not sure / don't know / neutral' option would have been nice, if I HAD to pick between the two then it would be the library.

EQ test
Your Score 16
SQ test
Your Score 37
Extreme Systemizing

Same problem yet again with the questions, it is so dependant on situations, how I feel that day and questions about other people's views on you are difficult to answer because I don't interact with people much. Or things like on the SQ test no.28 'I do not find it distressing if people who live with me upset my routines', sometimes I do sometimes I don't, it depends on my mood that day and to what degree they disrupt my routine. For example when I get up I like to come on the pc and check my emails, forums etc etc, my husband asked if he could quickly check his and that instantly annoyed me because I'd just sat down, why could he not wait, wheras other days it may not bother me at all.

HSP
You have indicated that 18 of the items are true of you

Understanding facial expression test
Scored 30 but as previously mentioned if someone just asked what do you think they are feeling / experiencing most of them I'd say boredom or nothing/neutral only because I had choices was I able to narrow down logically what they could possibly be.

Aspie quiz
Your Aspie score: 128 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 78 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie