Page 252 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255 ... 291  Next

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

27 Oct 2015, 9:50 pm

I'm a teenager, so some of these may not apply to you anymore:

- If you know EVERY single school bus in your district, including makes, years, models, engines, and if they are a spare or not.
- If you follow every single rule in school firmly and never break them.
- You're clumsy at sports, and in elementary school you were either picked last, or put with another special ed/autistic student for PE class.
- You would rather jump off a 20 foot cliff than ever hear "Watch Me Whip, Watch Me Nae Nae" one more time.
- You know every single street within a few miles of where you live, and know how to get to a destination easily.
- You still use the VHS format proudly (with some DVDs) for movies, and don't care about Netflix or whatever the NTs are using now.
- Agree with Kuraudo777, someone tells you a joke and you are not laughing about it; then the NT says "hey, it's supposed to be a joke!" You believe that it is real. Black and white thinking.
- Related to the bus one at the top - You know all of your bus drivers, going back to elementary school, and never sit in the back of the bus...EVER!
- You are 17 but still are afraid of fire alarms, especially the older electromechanical ones.
- You would, again, jump off a 20 foot cliff than ever own a dog, cat or other pet. EVER. EVER!
- You actually do a good job "acting" NT at school.
- There is NO way you would ever do fast food or high-stress retail jobs, due to high-stress environments and rude managers.
- You inventory and organize everything in your room by number, but you are sloppy and messy when it comes to your binder at school.
- Your favorite genre of music is good ole' smooth jazz and soft adult contemporary, otherwise known as "sleep music" and "Muzak" and "boring" to all the NTs at school who love top 40 and rap music.
- Most of your friends are men/boys, because girls don't understand your special interests and only care about makeup, crummy music, NT boys and kissing.
- If Air Jordan shoes are NOT, and NEVER GOING TO BE your style of shoe.
- You want to yell at your stupid classmates really badly if they are whispering or talking when the class is taking a test. But you don't because of the "follow rules firmly" rule that you have.
- You hate almost every commercials that airs today, including anything from that stupid Flo for Progressive. Stupidity of people, noisy music, annoying music, unfunny jokes, the whole nine yards.
- You are entertained by 1980s commercials full of cheesy jingles.
- You want to take your driving test, but have to wait until 18 so you can avoid $400 driving school (boring). Then after that, go straight for your CDL so #1 - you can drive a school bus in case the only available school job opening is "SUBSTITUTE DRIVER", and #2 - so you can buy a used bus at a school district's auction. But you still have a car around for situations where you cannot back up a 40' bus into...
- You ENJOY being an only child.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 8:22 am

Ha ha! I really enjoy being an only child, but that also means that I have to take care of a lot more stuff and take care of my mum.
If you would rather dance the Macarana than have another fire drill.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 5:53 pm

^ Yeah, I never really wanted siblings either, despite having a rosy red notion of how great it would be to have a little sister when I was pretty young. To me the notion of seriously wanting siblings isn't something I ever wanted. There could be some advantages as one gets older...

If you enjoy playing the same creepypasta or music video over and over on YouTube.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 6:01 pm

If you listen to your favourite songs while playing on this forum [totally me!]

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 11:21 pm

Sleep with many, many layers of blankets, just to feel the weight of them, even if its the middle of summer.

Skurvey
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Oct 2015, 2:37 am

If you recognise someone's car straight away but can't recognise their face

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2015, 8:57 am

If you love soft things and cute things and only dress for comfort because other clothes are just too tight/too itchy/too everything.

SciFiCoyote
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Oct 2015, 11:00 am

You ever dread telling people you have ASD, because even if they've known you for years they suddenly treat you like your IQ is 30 points lower.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2015, 11:31 am

If you have an interesting way of looking at the world and see things differently from most people.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2015, 5:58 pm

Quote:
If you enjoy playing the same creepypasta or music video over and over on YouTube.

I love creepypasta, although I don't play the same music or video over and over. But I do love listening to the creepypasta stories, and purposely falling asleep to them, as I find it a way of relaxing. And no, I don't get nightmares from doing that. :) And I find the name ''creepypasta'' funny. I mean, why ''pasta''? :lol:

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2015, 6:02 pm

I think it's called that because it's a creepy story that is copy and pasted over and over again.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2015, 6:14 pm

You make sure your most cherished teddy bear is always comfortable and warm in your bed before you go out

You sometimes bring your teddy bear with you to your boyfriend's, and you tell him not to throw the teddy out of the bed again

You still love reading ''Kitty'' books by Bel Mooney, storybooks you loved as a child

As a child you could relate so well to Kitty from the storybooks (if you don't know what that is, Google it :) )

As a grown-up you feel that you as a teenager faced the exact same friendship issues as Greg from ''Diary of a Wimpy Kid'', and still sometimes now too

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2015, 6:53 pm

If you sleep with a pile of stuffies and have more all over your room so that it's a competition between stuffies and books.

KennyIOM
Raven
Raven

31 Oct 2015, 2:39 pm

If while having your fingerprints taken, you became obsessed and ecstatic about the fingerprint scanning machine that the police were using.

To qualify, it was for a caution which wouldn't of occurred if they had been aware of Aspie behaviour.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2015, 1:51 pm

When people in a room hug each other goodbye but you slip out quickly & quietly without hugging anyone or saying a word.

IDoH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Nov 2015, 1:59 pm

If you LOVE physical affection, more than some neurotypicals, but realize that sometimes, others don't for legit reasons.

If you are so introverted, you can go for a day or two without talking to people, and months without a conversation. If you can maintain mental health with doing it.