Page 259 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262 ... 291  Next

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 4:34 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
If somebody asks you where you just came from, you say "the bathroom," then add the following:
"My poop was browner than I've seen in days. At least it rolled out faster than last night. They had one of those dual roll James River dispensers like they have in a lot of bathrooms along the interstate. Would it kill them to replace the broken coat hanger? That stall had the shortest door I'd ever seen; at least it was locked, not like when I was in the Public Library last week. I haven't seen one of those "top of the tank" flush buttons in a while. The first time I saw one was in the bathroom in the main lobby of the Hyatt Hotel near the Rhode Island airport 12 years ago. Oh, yeah. Would it kill them to add liquid soap to the dispenser? And what's with those towel hand dryers? I thought they went out of fashion years ago when the hand blowers came it?"

Till, of course, someone yells, "Alright! Enough already!"

Coat hangers are topologically equivalent to doughnuts (toroids).

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

quesonrias
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2016, 10:40 am

redrobin62 wrote:
If somebody asks you where you just came from, you say "the bathroom," then add the following:
"My poop was browner than I've seen in days. At least it rolled out faster than last night. They had one of those dual roll James River dispensers like they have in a lot of bathrooms along the interstate. Would it kill them to replace the broken coat hanger? That stall had the shortest door I'd ever seen; at least it was locked, not like when I was in the Public Library last week. I haven't seen one of those "top of the tank" flush buttons in a while. The first time I saw one was in the bathroom in the main lobby of the Hyatt Hotel near the Rhode Island airport 12 years ago. Oh, yeah. Would it kill them to add liquid soap to the dispenser? And what's with those towel hand dryers? I thought they went out of fashion years ago when the hand blowers came it?"

My friends typically do not yell, "Alright! Enough already!" They usually are laughing so hard they can't breathe... At which point...

You might be an Aspie if you look dead at your friend who is laughing hysterically and say, "What's so funny?" as you think, "I didn't say anything funny, did I?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RAADS-R: 187.0
Language: 15.0 • Social Relatedness: 81.0 • Sensory/Motor: 52.0 • Circumscribed Interests: 40.0

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 165 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

quesonrias
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2016, 10:49 am

You look to see if there are any new comments on posts, see you wrote something 20 minutes ago and think, "What?!?! That was 20 minutes ago? I just wrote that!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RAADS-R: 187.0
Language: 15.0 • Social Relatedness: 81.0 • Sensory/Motor: 52.0 • Circumscribed Interests: 40.0

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 165 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Jupiterra
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Apr 2016, 4:51 pm

You Might be an Aspie if... You research what is popular within your current age group before you go outside, in the off chance you have to make conversation.

I saw the obsessed with black holes post and... BLACK HOLES ARE AMAZING! I've seen 3 documentaries and own 1 book on them!

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 5:06 pm

Sean wrote:
Some content borrowed from http://www.geocities.com/autistry/YMBAAI.html

Yes, this is another knockoff of Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a Redneck".

You might be an Aspie if...

...you knew at the beginningof our freshman year that you weren't going to the senior prom.

...by the time the prom came, they couldn't have paid you a million dollars to go to the prom

....if the word "logic" goes right to your heart but the word "love" usually bounces off of it.

...if it takes you 3 times as long to decide if it's safe drive through an intersection as it does a normal person.

...if people behind you at intersections thoroughly hate you.

...if people told you you drive like a granny when you were 23 years old

....In Sunda School, you find the representations of the ark as a boat, with a keel and all, very irritating, when the Bible clearly describes the ark as a big rectangular box

....you don't think an aspie board would be very authentic without some argumentative pontificating, I defend argumentative pontificating because I myself am prone to such. Although, I am only trying to be factual and helpful.

...your teacher commands every one in the room to pair-off to discuss a topic and you are extremely relieved that no one wants to be your partner.

…you're disappointed that the latest close-approaching meteor is not, after all, going to hit Earth because you've been fascinated by cataclysms and catastrophism ever since you first saw "When Worlds Collide" and it scared the bejeebers out of you, and you really want to see what a real cataclysm would be like

....you insist on your view on fairness even when anyone else thinks you have gone mad

....you constantly forget taking the trash out even if you walk past it all the time because it isn't on your mental agenda of things to do.

...if your brain decides to take a leave when ever you are asked to do an unpleasant task.

...your science teachers often let you hold their classes because you knew better anyway.

...you consider the pleasantries of others just a waste of time.

...ifF you have dreams of communicating with extraterrestrials and nightmares about chatting with the next-door neighbour.

...you would rather have your liver pecked out by a giant crow than spend a day at the mall.

...You gave up on ever convincing people that you are not odd ages ago. You now just live your life and to hell with anyone who thinks it strange.

...you're known for a large number of unusual pets. 10 additional points if these pets are creatures that make NTs squeamish like rats, snakes, ferrets, or lizards. 20 additional points if you have more than 5.

...you take apart computers or other electronics for fun. 10 additional points if you started doing this before you were five years old.

...if you consider your driving an insurance risk

...if you forgot how to divide every summer break in school

...your hands are always covered in burns, cuts and scars, and the only ones you noticed getting are the really spectacular ones, but they never hurt anyway.

by Sean:
...if your neighbors come to your door needing help with their computer at all hours of the night

...if you help them with their computer problems at all hours of the night

...if the only reason anybody from high school knew who you were is because you have a popular sibling

...if your high school librarian knew you better than your classmates

...if anyone ever started a rumor that you were going to be on Jeopardy!

...if you're in class and everybody wants to sit by you for help with thier work but you can't get your own work done in time to save your life

...if you've ever frequented a fast food resturant and the people there ask you if "you want the usual?"

If any of you can think of some, POST IT!
For those of you who don't know who Jeff Foxworthy is,http://www.jefffoxworthy.com/homepage.shtml

I identify with so many of these, it's not even funny. :P Heh, and to think that this was originally posted almost 11 years ago...

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 5:12 pm

If everyone in all of your classes are amazed at how smart you are, even if you yourself don't necessarily feel that way.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 6:14 pm

...If you can recall nearly perfect images of everything a teacher has written and drawn on the white board in school yet struggle with remembering what they said.

...If solving a Rubik's Cube takes less mental energy then engaging in a conversation.

...If you can understand something without being able to explain it if you haven't done enough scripting on the topic.

...If you can recall the fuel level in your car at any given moment yet still keep forgetting to fill it up when it needs it.

...If you start hyper-focusing on something and before you know it it's 3:00 AM and you haven't eaten in 10 hours.

...If you can be alone in your house for 6 hours and not notice that nobody is there until hour 5.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 6:16 pm

If people constantly react as if you've just appeared out of nowhere or were wearing an invisibility cloak when you've actually been in the room all along.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 8:29 pm

redrobin62 wrote:

That sounds just like my dad. No kidding. Well, ya know son...I had a bit of stomach problems. Wasn't hard, nor soft, kinda like laying a well rope....just coiled up all neatly...didn't ploop in the water either, just slithered right on in all quiet like....didn't even know it was happening....

Ummmmm, dad...I'm cutting the sausage.......

The worst thing....he will do this with strangers....so, ya think my dad's an Aspie?

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 9:30 pm

People have accused you of being extremely rude for:

Correcting their spelling or grammar.
Asking them to please turn their cell phone off because you and other people are trying to watch a movie.
Telling the kid behind you to please stop smacking their gum.
Telling the kid behind you to please stop kicking the bottom of your seat.
Asking them to please turn the TV volume down.
Asking them to please not to play their music on full blast the entire night while you struggled in vain to sleep.

And of course they think you're the rude one, even when you say please and don't raise your voice. :(

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 9:43 pm

Sean wrote:
...You might be an Aspie if... [...] ...you consider the pleasantries of others just a waste of time....

This is my favorite.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 7:12 pm

...you feel like a satellite to planet society. You get to look at it (sometimes maybe from many angles) and the planet looks back at you, you never really feel like a part of it and a certain distance separates both of you. :P

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 10:18 pm

If you cry when you find out your favourite restaurant has gone out of business.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 10:26 pm

Sylvastor wrote:
...you feel like a satellite to planet society. You get to look at it (sometimes maybe from many angles) and the planet looks back at you, you never really feel like a part of it and a certain distance separates both of you. :P

...If you don't just feel like that but also know how to navigate a satellite in orbit and do complex orbital maneuvers from being obsessed with space travel for over a decade.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 11:48 pm

...some of your (unwanted) nicknames are Data, Mr. Spock or Brainy Smurf.

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 12:37 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
If you cry when you find out your favourite restaurant has gone out of business.

That's sad to read. :(
One of my favourite restaurants went out of business as well a few years ago.

To keep the topic flowing:
...you have an easier time to empathize with aspies than NT people.