Set of scientific tests related to Autism Spectrum Disorders

Page 28 of 51 [ 801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 51  Next

recycledwit
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2012, 3:06 pm

Broad Autism Phenotype:
Autistic/BAP
102 aloof, 93 rigid and 118 pragmatic

Autism Spectrum Quotient:

Empathizing Quotient and Systemizing Quotient:
EQ: 12
SQ: 92
Extremely Systematic

Emotional Intelligence Quotient:
39%

Highly Sensitive Person:
22/27 checked

Facial Expressions:
25/36
(I must say, I found this test very difficult and often just chose one to get to the next one.)

Aspie:
Aspie score: 179 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 26 of 200
Very likely an Aspie

PassingThrough
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jan 2012, 9:42 pm

BAPQ - Aloof Personality. You scored 126 aloof, 77 rigid and 71 pragmatic

AQ - 30

EQ SQ - Your Score: 40 empathizing, 89 systematizing -- Extreme Systematizing

Emotional - 73

HSP - 20

Reading the mind in the eyes - 20

Your Aspie score: 104 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 108 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Nightowl2548
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2012, 6:45 pm

The last two tests on eyes and face blindness I came out normal but the others pretty much confirmed I am socially awkward and a systematizer. What gets me is that these tests remind me an awful lot of all these little BS computer quizes they give you on most job applications these days which confirms what I had suspected: the purpose of such tests is to discriminate against people like me. These days you have to hire every sort of person, in some states you can't even tell a transvestite to leave the womens clothes at home, but out and out blatant discrimination against Asperger's type people is perfectly legal, and almost a sport amongst the suave, back slapping slicksters who weaseled their way to the top of the American Economy.

Ddddd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2012, 7:48 am

what do they mean by 'Are you often surprised what people's motives are?'
and the hunting part in the results of the aspie-test

PassingThrough
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jan 2012, 11:46 pm

Ddddd wrote:
what do they mean by 'Are you often surprised what people's motives are?'

I too wasn't sure about that one. A lot of these questions can be interpreted several ways.
Quote:
and the hunting part in the results of the aspie-test

Here's the explanation from the Rdos blog (http://blog.rdos.net/?p=61):
Quote:
Aspie hunting

Ordinary hunting is usually a group activity. Part of the tactic is to scare animals out of their hiding places so strategically placed hunters can throw spears at them (or use fire-arms in the modern variant), wound them, and ultimately, kill them from a distance. This type of hunting is erratic in nature, and usually has rather poor outcome and has to be carried out many times before it is successful. Many of today’s sport games resemble such hunting, especially team-sports.

The Aspie hunting group has caused lots of confusion among people that do Aspie-quiz. This is probably because hunting is usually associated with guns, throwing spears and killing animals at a distance. The questions in this category in Aspie-quiz give no associations at all to this kind of hunting.

So what then is Aspie hunting? The history behind the traits is pretty long. The habitat traits (like liking slowly flowing water) were introduced very early in the evolution of Aspie-quiz, but at that time was not thought to be hunting traits. The main traits, however, are more recent, and were used to evaluate Valerius Geist’s Neanderthal paradigm.

Geist’s Neanderthal paradigm was published in the 1970s and was a novel way to solve several mysteries about Neanderthal tools and why they selected the prey species they did. A central observation by Geist was that all prey species had fur. He therefore presumed that Neanderthal’s had used this property of their prey in their hunting tactics. The Mousterian tool-kit also seem to lack throwing spears, and instead contains larger tools that seems to work a lot better as stabbing spears. The rodeo-like injuries of Neanderthal are also largely unexplained by proponents that like to think that Neanderthals must have been hunting in the same manner as us, only less successfully, and with cruder weapons.

While Valerius Geists hypothesis goes a long way at explaining the archeology, it says little about the psychology and specific adaptations of Neanderthal. These aspects were researched in Aspie-quiz to try to confirm (or disprove) Geists hypothesis. There were a lot of predictions from the hypothesis that could be tested.

The following traits were predictions (listed with their predicted function) that were highly successful (correlated well with Aspie score and each others):

Walking on toes - related to sneaking
Enjoying spinning in circles - related to an animal trying to get rid of the hunter
Enjoying hanging upside-down – yet another way to stay on the animal
Having an urge to jump over things – related to jumping up on top of an animal
Enjoying digging - related to hiding a large kill
Mimicking animal sounds - a way of tricking an animal
Enjoying throwing small things – another way of tricking an animal that the hunter is somewhere else
Sniffing people or things – related to tracking
Enjoying chasing animals or people – close encounter hunting
Enjoying biting (people) – a paralysing tactic that Geist proposes
Enjoying making traps – this is an obvious addition to Geist’s hypothesis

A few of the physical traits got no relevance to being Aspie, but still correlated with Aspie hunting. Typically, these traits are believed to be part of the motor problems of Aspies, and thus have an inherit bias against them:

- Being good at climbing
- Strong grip
- Strong hands

Some other traits also related to Aspie-hunting

- Being fearless in dangerous situations
- Highly variable activity level
- Naturally communicating feelings with animals

It is notable that perception issues correlate closely to Aspie hunting. The relation here seems to be obvious. Highly sensitive senses is important for passive hunting, especially hearing (sounds that animals make), tactile (vibrations that animals make) and smell (tracking an animal). Acute vision and detail perception are also related to finding signs of an animal that are not required with the usual hunting method that favors getting an whole picture of the environment. These things also extend to paranormal experience.

Additionally, many stims (Aspie-quiz defines these as Aspie communication) are related to Aspie hunting. For instance, spinning in circles, walking on toes and mimicking animal sounds could be characterized as both stims and hunting-related traits. The relation here is probably that Neanderthals adapted their nonverbal communication to their prey animals, and thus gained increased hunting success by being able to better understand their prey. This is also why Aspies today say they can both naturally interpret animals and cannot naturally interpret neurotypical humans. The communication traits are based on a difference, not an absence. There are also nonverbal communication traits that seems to be shared among Aspies, and that can be used to identify Aspies.

The habitat traits (that correlate with the pure hunting adaptations are these):

- Liking slowly flowing water
- Liking mist or fog
- Enjoying woods

From these we can presume that Neanderthals probably selected their ambush places near water. The like for mist and fog could be a hunting preference, or it could be an adaptation to living near glacials, which would produce mist / fog. We can also presume that Neanderthals hunted in forrests, not in open environments. Their tactic would be far more successful in a forrest than on the open plain, and similarily, the modern hunting tactic is more successful in a relatively open terrain.

Other types of traits can also be associated with Aspie hunting. For instance, it is not a long-shot to propose that special interests and the splinter-skills of Savants are related to passive hunting. Passive hunting requires lots of creative talents and persistence for success. Obsessions can also easily be entered into the equation. Once a hunter has found a successful way to bring down a prey, he/she is likely to keep to it, and only modify it slightly to make it more successful. The erratic methods of modern human hunting do not lend themselves to doing things in the same way, and thus such obsessions are absent in neurotypicals. Neurotypical people instead have people obsessions, as these are central for group-hunting.

In sumary, understanding Aspie/Neanderthal hunting seems to be central for understanding most parts of the autistic spectrum.

MusicIsLife2Me
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jan 2012, 5:12 am

I know its think I probably have aspergers and that these tests shouldn't be used to diagnose. I plan on seeing a psychologist for a diagnosis. But anyhow AQ was 39 EQ was 15 and SQ was 89. I also took the face eye/thought test but don't remember my exact score I just know it wasn't very good lol.

KickingBird
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2012, 9:26 am

Thank you for the links. Finding that I probably have Asperger's answers so many question on why I had such a touch time as a child, teen on the job etc. I at least can see that there is a medical reason why things were like they were. I only wish I could have known this before my parents passed so we could have understood why our relationships suffered so much through the years.

harkenslasher
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jan 2012, 8:23 am

The Broad Autism Phenotype Test
Neurotypical
You scored 72 aloof, 60 rigid and 74 pragmatic
You scored below cutoff on all three subscales, suggesting that you are not on the broader autistic phenotype.

Respondent Average EQ Average SQ Brain Type
Males 39.0 61.2 Systemizing
Females 48.0 51.7 Empathizing
Your Score 24 92 Extreme Systemizing

AQ Test
Agree: 4,9,12,16,18,22,26,41,45,46: 1 point
Disagree: 10,11,15,27,28,30,32,38,48: 1 point
Score: 19

Snapshot Report
Emotional Identification, Perception, and Expression

You appear to have at least some basic skill when it comes to identifying, perceiving and expressing emotions in yourself and others. However, there is still a great deal of room to improve on this core ability. Review the results below for further information in order to identify where improvement is recommended. By improving your skills in this area of emotional intelligence, you will be in a better position to read others, understand how they feel, and effectively identify your own emotions.

Self-Test Results

You have indicated that 13 of the items are true of you.

Reading the mind in the eyes
Your score: 21

:?: Some tests are stunningly accurate. Thanks for the link.

hisjen
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jan 2012, 2:49 pm

1. Rigid and pragmatic
2. AQ 21
3. EQSQ 50:75
4. Emotional IQ 80

I'm kinda guessing I would be considered NT with autistic tendencies (obsessive thoughts and awkward socially). I didn't take any more tests though cause the emotional one was too long, my head is hurting from thinking and reading!
One thing I can say is that I'm a people watcher and I've learned to integrate well in almost any social situation but my confidence is easily shaken around strong minded people. I tend to go along to avoid looking out of place.
Jen

WolfenNights
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jan 2012, 4:51 pm

1: Autistic/BAP You scored 103 aloof, 91 rigid and 126 pragmatic.
2. took on a different site, and got 32.
3. EQSQ 27:48
4. EIQ 8
5. You have indicated that 13 of the items are true of you.
6. 21
7. Out of 30 faces, you correctly identified 10. You were familiar with 21 of the people in this test.

Aspie quiz: got 138 of 200 Aspie score and 63 out of 200 for neurotypical the first time. Went back and reanswered questions I thought were confusing or where I thought were a bit between two answers. 122 of 200 and 73 of 200.

Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2012, 8:26 pm

Hello to everybody

I tried the Aspie quiz:
Your Aspie score: 133 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 86 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Aspie talent
Your group score: 9.5 of 10 (above average).
Neurotypical talent
Your group score: 4.7 of 10 (average).

Aspie compulsion
Your group score: 8.8 of 10 (above average).
Neurotypical compulsion
Your group score: 1.6 of 10 (below average).

Aspie social
Your group score: 8.6 of 10 (above average).
Neurotypical social
Your group score: 3.7 of 10 (average).

Aspie communication
Your group score: 3.6 of 10 (average).
Neurotypical communication
Your group score: 2.6 of 10 (below average).

Aspie hunting
Your group score: 3.2 of 10 (below average).
Neurotypical hunting
Your group score: 5.6 of 10 (average).

Aspie perception
Your group score: 7.7 of 10 (above average).
Neurotypical perception
Your group score: 7.6 of 10 (above average).

Environment
Your group score: 6.1 of 10 (average).

I guess that this, plus the fact that I have been professionally diagnosed as "probably Asperger" a few months ago (I did not even have on idea of what that meant) makes me officially Aspie... :|

So I registered as a WP member.
(Before I was diagnosed, I agreed 100% with the expression "Wrong Planet" although I love this planet ; the problem, as I perceive it, being its inhabitants, not the planet.)

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 8:56 pm

I just took the "mind in the eyes" test, and I was surprised to do as well as 21 out of 36, which is only one point short of the "normal" range. I can't believe I'm only "sort of" bad at reading eyes!! I was expecting chance (9 out of 36) or even worse!! !

Nonetheless, that's 58.3% - an F in most US classrooms.

AQ: 33

Aa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Feb 2012, 11:48 pm

I'm trying to figure out whether I am "odd" in an Aspie way or simply "odd", and these tests helped. Thanks for compiling this.

AQ 29

EQ 12 & SQ 80 -> extreme systemizing

Aspie Quiz
Aspie 108/200
NT 82/200
You seem to have both Aspie and NT traits.

HSP - 10

Faces I got 22/36!
I usually tried to analyze it - head turned away, is there shadow in the photograph, where are they looking, head tilted down? (I think reading a lot has helped me come up with these rules, since usually the character's body language and action are described, and I have time to process & try to correlate them.) I don't know if that matters - is one supposed to do it without analyzing the faces - i.e. supposed to just "get a feel for them"?

99th percentile on aloof, 81st on pragmatic, yet lower than average on rigid -- ~30th?

Seems I'm an an awkward in-between junction between Asp and NT?

fragileclover
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 6:39 pm

Broad Autism Phenotype Test (BAP): 96 aloof, 105 rigid, 93 pragmatic (Autistic)

Alexithymia: 114 (lower Alexithymia range)

Autism Quotient (AQ): 34/50 (Aspie range)

Empathizing Quotient (EQ): 32 / Systematizing Quotient (SQ): 68 (Extreme Systemizing / Asperger’s or High-Functioning Autism)

Emotional Intelligence Test: 60/100 (basic understanding)

Highly Sensitive Person Test (HSP): 23 (Highly Sensitive, possible AS or HFA)

Mind in the Eyes: 29 (typical/high understanding of facial expression)

Aspie Test: Aspie: 135/200 / Neurotypical: 82/200 (very likely an Aspie)

Self notes on tests:

I tend to understand what other people are thinking or feeling, but have trouble understanding my own thoughts and feelings.

Have a good understanding of what should be done in some situations, but the thought of doing those things make me feel overwhelmed or anxious.

Can understand facial expressions incredibly well, but test was VERY hard...had to continuously look away because I felt uncomfortable.

gabranth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Feb 2012, 6:42 pm

Your Aspie score: 133 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 64 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Aspie talent
Your group score: 7.2 of 10 (above average)

Neurotypical talent
Your group score: 6.2 of 10 (average)

Aspie compulsion
Your group score: 8.4 of 10 (above average)

Neurotypical compulsion
Your group score: 1.1 of 10 (below average)

Aspie social
Your group score: 7.7 of 10 (above average)

Neurotypical social
Your group score: 1.0 of 10 (below average)

Aspie communication
Your group score: 4.5 of 10 (average)

Neurotypical communication
Your group score: 2.6 of 10 (below average)

Aspie hunting
Your group score: 3.0 of 10 (below average)

Neurotypical hunting
Your group score: 5.2 of 10 (average)

Aspie perception
Your group score: 4.3 of 10 (average)

Neurotypical perception
Your group score: 5.8 of 10 (average)

Environment
Your group score: 7.5 of 10 (above average)

bullcbull
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Feb 2012, 11:14 am

:?: Looking for some answers after spending 6 hours taking a set of test the doctor sent me home to take 2 more test he wrote the links done I of course dont make it home to take them I look up what the test are for and tell my husband I think the doctor suspects Aspergers (I have a son who is an Aspie) I sit in the passenger side of the car with my husband as he driving I read the questions outloud and I click on circles in which best suit me Problem is I still dont know what the results are from the test I took and im not sure why I was given the links to take the test The 1st test was an
AQtest? score was 42 the 1st time 44 the 2nd time
The second test was and Aspie Quiz which I scored (this test did say at the bottom Your likely an Aspie but failed to interpret the results)
168 out of 200
NT was 28 out of 200
Can anyone tell me what the scores mean???
As a Mom of Aspies and I hope the term doesnt offend anyone the test that the kids was given was a CARS and I was given almost like a booklet to explain the results...lost, confused and not sure what to do
After reading the conversation I went and took the BAP

Your result for The Broad Autism Phenotype Test ...
Autistic/BAP
You scored 123 aloof, 95 rigid and 113 pragmatic

You scored above the cutoff on all three scales. Clearly, you are either autistic or on the broader autistic phenotype.
You probably are not very social, and when you do interact with others, you come off as strange or rude without meaning to.
You probably also like things to be familiar and predictable and don't like changes, especially unexpected ones.

Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

You scored 123% on aloof, higher than 87% of your peers.

You scored 95% on rigid, higher than 51% of your peers.

You scored 113% on pragmatic, higher than 89% of your peers.

You scored 5% on diagnosis, higher than 49% of your peers.