Page 28 of 55 [ 875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 55  Next

Did you find the advice helpful?
yes 89%  89%  [ 541 ]
no 11%  11%  [ 66 ]
Total votes : 607

Aspison
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2011, 2:18 pm

League_Girl wrote:
GroundhogDaze wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
When you have a baby, do not show photos of your baby coming out of your vagina to anyone except to your partner.

I would assume this applies to men as well, do not show photos of your baby coming out of your wife's or girlfriend's vagina.

That is soooooo funny!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! :lmao: (I hope it was meant to be funny)

Can someone tell me if I'm posting too many times? I can't help it, you guys are so cool! I haven't had anyone to talk to for a long time. NT's don't really have many meaningful conversations, I feel sad for them.

No I wasn't trying to be funny. I fail to see the humor in this? Is it because I totally didn't know and it should be obvious this isn't okay? Even aspies pick up on this too without being told and I failed to see this? But luckily only my parents saw it and my dad got offended and my husband fixed it by taking out those photos when he made more discs with baby photos on it to give to people. He forgot they were on the card so he copied everything on it and burned it and gave it to my parents. I was given like a five minute lecture from it from my husband and mother. Mostly from my mother.

Don't feel like everybody knows, this varies from culture to culture, in Sweden people had pictures of babies coming out in their photo album on the coffee table for everyone to see. Some families here in the US would be fine with it, too.
[b]

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 12:10 pm

Do not admit you love to troll, especially saying you love to troll other forums because then people will assume you troll on their forum (the one you admitted it on) even if you didn't mean that forum you're on and even if you aren't trolling there and are just a regular member.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 3:26 pm

When hiring a nanny, when you call one of the parents who had the nanny as their former nanny, if the dates they give you when the nanny worked is short like a few months, it means the nanny wasn't a good nanny.

(But of course this isn't accurate because maybe the reason why the nanny didn't work there long was because maybe there were too many problems with the parents like lack of food in the house or the house was always very dirty or the parents treated the nanny like a maid and always had her do stuff that wasn't part of her job they agreed with. Or the parents were too disorganized they couldn't even decide what they wanted and their kids were too out of control because the parents never did their jobs so they used their nanny as the parent and wanted her to raise the kids and be a parent to them than a nanny. So the nanny decided "enough" and quit)

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 8:37 pm

It's usually fine to tell people that you have AS. Sometimes it's better than having them wonder why you have a hard time socializing.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 2:13 pm

When someone asks you if you can make juice for them, it's because they want to drink some so when you are done making it for them, pour them a glass and give it to them.

When you say "It's not my favorite" it means to people "I didn't like it."

FWIWIMO
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 May 2011, 10:08 pm

#1001 Limit conversation with clients/cow-orkers you find physically attractive strictly to business or if you must, safe banalities. NEVER say or do anything that reveals how you feel.

Best to avoid being alone with them, if at all possible.

FWIWIMO
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 May 2011, 10:12 pm

#1002 - When a NT female tells a AS male who asks her out - "We could be friends" - what she means is that she does not want to hurt your feelings, but she would not be disappointed if she never saw you again.

FWIWIMO
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 May 2011, 10:15 pm

#1003 - Unless the NT is a very special person, they do *not* want to hear about your aspie issues.

motorcyclemama
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jun 2011, 5:13 am

If you are really listening to someone try to make occasional eyecontact or they will think you are not interested or don't listen at all.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2011, 10:54 am

When in a big shop on a cold winters day, and you hear kids aged about 10 to 12 years old shout to eachother, ''look outside!'', don't look outside. When snow might be hit or miss, kids of that age tease eachother because they're excited, and so you don't want to be an adult in the background falling for it!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2011, 3:56 pm

Be careful when you take offers from people. They could just be giving you one to test you.

catlover02
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jun 2011, 6:55 pm

This rule book is a really good idea for all of us here that have Asperger's and autism. Thank you so much for this rule book. :)

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 9:55 pm

#1007 Read comments several times before taking them seriously, if they seem absurd or insulting. Look for signs of irony or hyperbole.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 12:53 pm

Don't keep on repeating your anxieties and fears over and over to whoever you're with. My main anxiety/fear is people staring at me, and I said it two of three times in one hour today when I was in a crowded shopping centre with my friend, and (thanks to my ''NT trait'' of being able to recognise tone of voice) I could tell in her voice that she was getting fed up with me saying about it. I'm afraid I will lose her as a friend soon, so I better shut up about people staring at me.

Scorpio82
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2011, 11:05 pm

There is a magic triangle around the eyes and nose. This is the safe zone for where to look when talking to people because it simulates eye contact.

Kabulanolak
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jun 2011, 7:20 am

When you walk somewhere (like in an office) and you go to the wrong place (for example going to the kitchen instead of the bathroom), confidently continue going to the wrong place and do something accordingly to the new spot where you are (for example you are in the kitchen, just serve yourself a glass of water).

If you don't you will come across as weird, unconfident, sleepy especially if you tend to do that often.

Obviously you should do this in a place where people see you often like at work, on the streets where noone knows you you shouldn't care