Page 4 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2009, 5:10 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
timeisdead wrote:
It seems they tend to give you a vague feeling that you're doing something wrong but never come out and say exactly what it is until their breaking point. Until then they always use false politeness.

Some are direct, some aren't. It depends on the person. I've had lots of negative encounters with others. Some will just huff and puff around me without really saying anything, while others will tell me what it is they can't stand about me. It's ridiculous. I don't associate it with being NT or having an ASD, either one, it's just intolerant people with bad manners, to me.
The way I look at it is, nobody is perfect and no one can please everyone, so, if people are going to be deliberately rude, don't be surprised if I am rude in return, even though a lot of time I just complain about it later or I don't say anything. Sometimes, it doesn't even register and I wish it never did.
If people are going to go out of their way to treat me like a sub human, don't expect a lot in return from me.

I mean more of situations in a work setting for example. In these cases, a lack of directness can lead to a situation in which you're put under immense pressure to change in an extremely short period of time. Something should have been said to begin with. I've heard of people who've been "let go" with a reason given at the end or people who are fired without any particular reason. I dislike bluntness for the sake of rudeness but in some cases bluntness can help a person and it's more than logical.