20 Dec 2009, 9:31 am

toy lightsabers

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 10:44 am

ssenkrad wrote:
jocundthelilac wrote:
I sometimes sleep with my Stephanie plushie too... if that's not the most sickengly little-girlish thing I've ever heard, I don't know what is ;)

Indeed it is. Here's hoping you're a girl.

Thankfully, I am. Just not "girly".

Glad to see I'm not alone in liking "kids shows"... I have tons of LT stuff including DVDs ;)

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Dec 2009, 11:02 am

justMax wrote:
That looks AWESOME!

The snake was always my favorite Rubik's puzzle, probably because it has no solution, it's just fun. I had lots of the others too when I was young - the cube, the pyramid, the cylinder, and the sliding chain link one.

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 11:36 am

Sati wrote:
Do you play with toys?

What else are they meant for?
:lol:

McCann_Can_Triple
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Dec 2009, 1:17 pm

Jak wrote:
Ooo I have Nerf guns too. I'm in the middle of painting mine up and modifying mine.

I just starting modying my guns. Or actually I screwed up one and had to throw it away the other week. Mostly all I can do is remove the AR in them. I modded the big bad bow to shoot normal sized arrows, which was easy.

River: They say the snow on the roof is too heavy. They say the ceiling will cave in. His brains are in terrible danger. "

Hurley's mom "Jesus Christ is not a weapon."

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 1:34 pm

I'm 41 and I have tons of doll and stuffed animal collections. Some of them are for the nostalgia like My Little Pony or Trolls but I collect modern toys too, mostly plushies and dolls of cartoons and video game characters. I just wish I role-played with them more like I used to. When I was younger (my late teens and 20's) I would often get ideas for my hand-made illustrated stories and comics by role-playing by myself. As a kid I didn't role-play with toys much with other kids except maybe my two cousins and my best friend, although she could get very bossy and want to be in control of everything we did.

It's more acceptable to have toys as an adult now, I mean there are people like Mike Mozart who makes them for a living and reviews them. I also make handmade dolls or customize them into different characters. For example I just finished turning a doll of Anna as a toddler from Frozen into Patty O' Green from Raibow Brite, with green yarn pigtails, and now I'm working on making a Rainbow Brite doll of toddler Elsa. Actually, it said on the packages they're toddlers but they look maybe 6-8 years old to me. :)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 2:35 pm

I do miss some of my toys. And today as I was browsing around some shops I came across a safari play set, with brightly coloured detail like lots of green for the trees, and it had a blue river round the edge, and lots of other nooks and crannies and chunky safari animals to go with it. It attracted my attention and made me wish I was little so I could play with it. But I'd feel silly buying it now and having it in my room, because it was a toy aimed at preschoolers, and I am a high-functioning person and I'm in a serious relationship and want to get married... I've got to be mature.

What I can do though is buy age-appropriate where I can still use my imagination but is not childish to others. I might buy something like one of those dolls houses that are meant to be decoration, and you collect accessories to put inside it as a sort of hobby. Then I can move stuff around in it when I like, and maybe play with it a little while nobody's around.
Also games like the Sims is a great way to express imagination, but is not childish. But you have to use cheats if you really want your imagination to run wild when playing the Sims.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 3:29 pm

No.. but if I met the right guy and that's what he was into I suppose I wouldn't be opposed to a toy shopping trip to some sex shop somewhere.

Oh, wait, you meant children's toys.. no, I don't play with or collect those, either. :P I do play with toys with the little kids in my life sometimes, though. My little pony, trains, hotwheels tracks, building blocks etc - but I don't do any of these things on my own. I only play with toys with little kids who want me to play with toys with them, and I enjoy it because they enjoy it and it makes them happy. Otherwise I can't be bothered to play with toys. Just not my thing.

Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Apr 2015, 7:22 pm

Joe90 wrote:
...But I'd feel silly [...] and I am a high-functioning person and I'm in a serious relationship and want to get married. I've got to be mature...

some of the best times I had with a partner *were* being silly - they were dancing around to the 64 Zoo Lane and Rainbow themes like a moron in their piss-ridden flat... If you can find a person like that -- where they accept your silliness, then you're laughing.

...And I'm a high-functioning person, and was in a serious relationship - it was marriage. '64 Zoo Lane' was the affair...

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Apr 2015, 10:44 pm

I collect some toys but do not usually "play" in a traditional sense. I will pose or move figures around. Sometimes I will do silly things. A friend and I were planning on taking wacky photos of figures doing random things. With plush toys I tend to regard them as "friends".

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Apr 2015, 1:28 am

Joe90, there's nothing wrong with having something like a model railway with scenery, tunnels, stations and buildings, or some similar thing. You can also use your imagination in building a little Japanese garden with small plants, maybe a pagoda, or similar miniature garden or landscape. Maybe a Bonsai collection. These are all quite natural ways of developing a childhood play scenario.

I play with my nieces a lot and the older one will be 5 in June. I end up making all kinds of stuff, just like when I was in my early 20s and was constantly building things for my baby sister who is now their mother. It began with circuses in her playpen and later I built her anything from shops to spaceships!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

UnturnedStone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2015, 1:46 am

I collect action figures, comics, trading cards, RC cars, matchbox cars and I'm 30....

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

23 Apr 2015, 2:03 am

I quit playing with toys when I started high-school. I had TV to watch & a Super Nintendo to play instead & I was pretty busy with school.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ginacc
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2015, 2:12 pm

I have a stuffed rabbit which I've had since I was born and a plastic giraffe who barely leaves my side.
On a related not growing up point I have never managed to make the transition into adult books, I love kids/teens/YA books.