Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 9:55 am

Aimless wrote:
ladyrain wrote:

I also wonder about food restrictions such as not eating pork and trichinosis. Did the tribal elders notice people getting sick and use a dictum from God to keep people from eating it, or did they notice that pigs eat anything, including human children, and feel revulsion?

There may be something in this.

I have been told by a Hindu Punjabi friend that the rule forbidding the eating of beef for Hindus, was a response to a severe public health crisis. He claimed that it was something equivalent to 'mad cow disease'

The religious leaders in India realized that it was essential to get people to stop eating beef and so they made it a religious decree by declaring that cows were 'sacred'. (a wonderful example of a BENIGN application of religious power)

By the way, there seems to be strong medical evidence that the circumcision date for newborn Jewish boys MAY be related to human biology.

Circumcision is carried out under Jewish law on the 8th day after birth. This coincides with the time when the concentration of Vitamin K is at its highest.

Vitamin K is key to blood's ability to clot... :arrow:

Last edited by Blindspot149 on 28 Aug 2010, 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 6:12 pm

Tahitians say sharks were once their ancestors and are not eaten. Truth being heavy metal contamination is more the issue.

Its funny how logical considerations are given illogical myths for the masses to swallow.

Why dont they just tell the truth instead of inventing some fairytale?

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 11:41 am

My copy of The Temple IN Man just arrived from Amazon

:thumright:

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 10:09 am

In the forward of 'The Temple IN Man' , the author is described as having the goal of;

'Learning the true nature of substance'

The Introduction explains that;

'Pharaonic Egypt remains unknown in terms of its true science, its contingent psycho-spiritual knowledge and its philosophical mentality.........a true 'vocabulary' of the Pharaonic language (or even a provisional one) will never be possible unless attention is given to those questions which WE define as psycho-spiritual'.

.....'One tends to seek in ancient Egypt.....what might be called a 'rational expression of esotericism'

.....'Rationalism is based on the data provided by the senses and the senses perceive only a meager part of what is. Thus through rationalism alone we can know ONLY what is encountered through the senses.; what is ponderable, quantitative.

Yet mathematics have have demonstrated the existence of elements that fall outside the physical;

we must take this into account and if rationalism brings us up against an impenetrable wall, in so doing it in fact teaches us that it has its limits and that we should seek another means of knowledge'.

'It follows from these observations that either there exists only a concrete world perceptible to the senses, or we lack the faculty that would enable us to grasp the abstract, without having to concretize through the imagination.

The process is ingrained in us, in accordance with a mode that always leads toward the quantitative definition. This is the inverse of the Egyptian mentality'.