12 Aug 2011, 3:46 pm

Jonsi wrote:
ISFP.

And I thought I was the only one on here! :D

Luci
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 4:28 pm

None of the personality types sound like me. I always score as INTP on those tests, but I am far from rational. And the INTP descriptions all over the internet are always focused on just how logical and amazingly intelligent and obsessed with theories and logical systems and blah blah blah they are.
So am I INFP then? No, because being a Feeling type means that one's a very empathic, caring person, which I really am not, at all.
So, I decided to vote INTP on the ridiculous basis that my mother strangely thinks of me as überlogical. Despite the fact that I've demonstrated to her over and over again just why I am not.
And also, the more I think about the whole system (both in the superficial and the deeper level of functions and such) the less sense it makes in regards to me.

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 7:26 am

Luci wrote:
So am I INFP then? No, because being a Feeling type means that one's a very empathic, caring person, which I really am not, at all.
So, I decided to vote INTP on the ridiculous basis that my mother strangely thinks of me as überlogical. Despite the fact that I've demonstrated to her over and over again just why I am not.

I understand that you're female?

There are some gender differences between men and women for INTPs. Because women in general tend to be more "feeling" then men, female INTPs have a stronger "feeling" component than their male counterparts. This means that female INTPs are less reason oriented than male INTPs and more lean towards "nurturing".

DrAlan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Jan 2019, 8:11 am

This is reassuring; I’m INTP/J and was worried that the N was at odds with my self diagnosis because it signifies intuitive big-picture thinking which is opposite to the “weak central coherence” aspect of ASD.

But it seems I’m in good company here. Am I misinterpreting “weak central coherence”?

INTP
AQ34; EQ16; RQ21
RAADS-R 145
Aspie Quiz @ rdos.net
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 129 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 86 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 8:48 am

INTJ.

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 10:15 am

DrAlan wrote:
This is reassuring; I’m INTP/J and was worried that the N was at odds with my self diagnosis because it signifies intuitive big-picture thinking which is opposite to the “weak central coherence” aspect of ASD.

But it seems I’m in good company here. Am I misinterpreting “weak central coherence”?

The way I understand it, the term "intuition" (N), as used by the MBTI, is a reference to the capability to (easly) connect different pieces of information by recognizing the inherent patterns / connections underlying that information. It is a theory-oriented, conscious, rational way of processing information.

In contrast, "sensing" (as used by the MBTI) is a reference to the capability to link things, persons and events at a more subconscious, emotional level. It is rooted in directly observable physical reality and previous experiences, and not so much in theory.

People on the Autism spectrum typically are very weak "sensers". And high functioning Autists typically compensate that with strong "intuition".

Astroecho
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jan 2019, 11:09 am

Never done this before but
Your Results

“The Mediator” (INFP-T)
Diplomat
Constant Improvement
haha!! ! Mediators are the most likely personality type to often feel overwhelmed by their to-do list.

I think it would be interesting if the poll was divided into male/female.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 4:28 pm

I remember this thread, when i took the test a long time ago evaluated to INTP. As time went by, i took the test again and became INTJ.

Maybe it's an age thing?

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 4:43 pm

Ichinin wrote:
Maybe it's an age thing?

I'm more inclined to think it's mostly context related.

Our behavior tend to be different depending on the context we're in : when we're among friends, among colleagues, with our spouse, with our kids.

Your true self is typically who you are among friends & family, but for some that may be but a minority of their waking life. And if you judge yourself by how you behave most of the time in such a situation, you may get a different result. But that would be a representation of a mask you're wearing and not your actual personality.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 5:28 pm

aspiesavant wrote:
Ichinin wrote:
Maybe it's an age thing?

I'm more inclined to think it's mostly context related.

Our behavior tend to be different depending on the context we're in : when we're among friends, among colleagues, with our spouse, with our kids.

Your true self is typically who you are among friends & family, but for some that may be but a minority of their waking life. And if you judge yourself by how you behave most of the time in such a situation, you may get a different result. But that would be a representation of a mask you're wearing and not your actual personality.

Possible, but in general i don't "wear a mask". The only time i limit myself is when i talk to customers at work. I've told managers to piss off (the kind of manager that the unions tear a new as*hole), i've called them incompetent (because they were) while pointing with the whole hand. I'm not afraid of anyone and a suit does not change that.

It someone thinks they are more important because they have a title or a suit, i could go and buy an Armani suit (i have the money, but i don't wan't one - you get the point).

The only thing i respect is competence and experience. Not age, not title, not background or who you know. And yes, it has gotten me into trouble lots of times, but i am who i am and as i get older it gets harder to change oneself.

I used to be more meek when i was younger, after i worked for the government i'm a bit more assertive as i have gained experience and know that i can accomplish things and i also know how little others know and how much they spend on self-image.

Maybe that is why... i dunno, lets just say that my self confidence does not need any fuel. Probably why i went from P to J.

I found this page while googling difference between INTP vs INTJ, seems like you can go from a INTP to INTJ or vice versa - or maybe it just confirmation bias :lol:
https://personalityhacker.com/intp-vs-intj/

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 5:47 pm

Ichinin wrote:
I found this page while googling difference between INTP vs INTJ, seems like you can go from a INTP to INTJ or vice versa - or maybe it just confirmation bias :lol:

INTPs tend to be rather chaotic in how their creative process and their overall way of getting things done. In contrast, INTJs tend to be meticulously organized.

While you sure can be very chaotic in some areas & very organized in other areas, your MBTI is an indication of how your brain typically operates.

Would you say this changed over the years?

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 8:49 pm

Last times I got ENTP as a result. I like contact with other persons. Persons are better than things and animals, they are interactive. Despite it I had (and may still have) no need of having friends and have no colleagues since 2007.

PredatoryTunicate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jan 2019, 8:51 pm

I got INTP.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 3:00 am

aspiesavant wrote:
Ichinin wrote:

INTPs tend to be rather chaotic in how their creative process and their overall way of getting things done. In contrast, INTJs tend to be meticulously organized.

While you sure can be very chaotic in some areas & very organized in other areas, your MBTI is an indication of how your brain typically operates.

Would you say this changed over the years?

Yes. As a child i was chaotic and didn't think about what i did, sometumes to the detriment of my parents. LAst 10-15 years i'm more adult and meticulous. I still have chaos in some parts of my life, but in parts i don't care about.

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 7:25 am

Ichinin wrote:
LAst 10-15 years i'm more adult and meticulous. I still have chaos in some parts of my life, but in parts i don't care about.

So does that mean that YOU became less chaotic or merely that you found a way to make sense of the chaos? :wink: